Handgunhunt

Fred Eichler Handgun Antelope Hunt

Posted By: MIHunter

Fred Eichler Handgun Antelope Hunt - 11/13/2013 12:58 AM

If you don't know him he has 2 tv shows, Easton Bowhunting and Predator Nation. He hunts a lot with a recurve and never holds back with his excitement. He posted this handgun hunt on Facebook today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gPBKt3fFCw
Posted By: Vance in AK.

Re: Fred Eichler Handgun Antelope Hunt - 11/13/2013 7:39 AM

My favorite bow hunting guy. I'll have to give it a watch!
Posted By: Bearbait in NM

Re: Fred Eichler Handgun Antelope Hunt - 11/13/2013 3:47 PM

MI,

Thanks for the link. I no longer have TV, but used to enjoy his shows. That antelope hunt was pretty cool, especially as he used a caliber that many would consider pretty inferior by today's standards.

Craig
Posted By: zac0419

Re: Fred Eichler Handgun Antelope Hunt - 11/14/2013 6:20 AM

Originally Posted By: Bearbait in NM
MI,

Thanks for the link. I no longer have TV, but used to enjoy his shows. That antelope hunt was pretty cool, especially as he used a caliber that many would consider pretty inferior by today's standards.

Craig

Not to mention a brand that many consider inferior. My buddy has one of those Taurus 357's for IL whitetails and it shoots like a laser.

Cool link, thanks for posting.
Posted By: Ernie

Re: Fred Eichler Handgun Antelope Hunt - 11/14/2013 11:41 AM

Great shooting on his part.
His overwhelming excitement in general sort of gets irritating after awhile, but it does not take away from his hunting/shooting skill.
Posted By: Darrell H

Re: Fred Eichler Handgun Antelope Hunt - 11/14/2013 5:36 PM

Great shot for sure! Especially compensating for wind drift with the revolver at that range, i would have missed for sure. Thanks for sharing the link!
Posted By: Grendel

Re: Fred Eichler Handgun Antelope Hunt - 11/15/2013 1:45 AM

I have always liked Fred's stuff. He's a bit "Old School" some times and I like that. I think he is genuine in his excitement unlike many of the the guys on T.V. hunting shows. I.M.H.O.
Posted By: GlennS

Re: Fred Eichler Handgun Antelope Hunt - 11/15/2013 1:48 AM

He says he was aiming at the one on the lefts hindquarters to hit the one on the right but when they run off, that's not the one on the right that is running straight away. The one on the right kept going left then circled around. Did he hit the wrong one? He was excited, I'll give him that!
Posted By: Ramjet-SS

Re: Fred Eichler Handgun Antelope Hunt - 11/15/2013 2:37 AM

I like Fred he is hunter he hunts meat not horns.
Posted By: Grendel

Re: Fred Eichler Handgun Antelope Hunt - 11/15/2013 3:52 AM

10-4 Ramjet-SS.
Posted By: BlueDuck

Re: Fred Eichler Handgun Antelope Hunt - 11/16/2013 2:28 PM

Great shot. A doe with horns no less. Well done.
Posted By: S.B.

Re: Fred Eichler Handgun Antelope Hunt - 11/19/2013 6:31 PM

Wish he could of at least used an American made pistol, he makes his money here. Oh well, wait till he needs factory work on the gun.
Steve
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums