Handgunhunt

bps score.....

Posted By: nytracker

bps score..... - 02/23/2014 5:08 PM

Went for a day trip hit a few gun shops.... stopped at bps in Aburn ny.. had my daughter and her family with us. While window shopping I heard a gyy 5 isles away say something about 22 mags so I took off to the amo isle and kid was putting out cci 22 mags so I snached up 4 boxes 2 boxx minimums. Handed 2 to my daughter.. Asked the guy about 22lr and he said he didnt know they hadnt unpacked everything yet. Waited a half hour and asked the guy at the counter and he said they havent put them out yet. I told him that we have been waiting and would wait till the store closed 6 hrs later.... He told the kid to put them out so we scored 4 boxes 22 lr. Felt like a criminal walking out with my ammo but the grand kids will get to shoot for a half hour.
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: bps score..... - 02/23/2014 7:03 PM

NICE!! I hear ya about feeling like a criminal. I shoot the stuff I have, so I'm looking for gunpowder all the time. I went through 400 rounds out of my different pistols yesterday between me, my wife, and her family. Its a lot of fun to shoot, and gunpowder doesn't do any good while its in a jar!
Posted By: tyler.woodard04

Re: bps score..... - 02/24/2014 11:47 AM

welcome to my neck of the woods. good score. as you can imagine living 12 miles away from that store can be an issue!
Posted By: paul0

Re: bps score..... - 02/24/2014 2:16 PM

Did they run a background check ? I would like to find a box of 17HMR.

Re: bps score..... - 02/24/2014 2:33 PM

17HMR is all over the place here. Its the 22mag and 22lr that haven't been seen in over 6 months. In fact, I've been thinking about doing a conversion to 17hmr.

...or just buying another gun.

Is it legal for me to ship ya some 17HMR in the mail or UPS? If so, I'll send ya some. I'll look into it.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: bps score..... - 02/24/2014 2:42 PM

You can't mail ammo, but you can send it ground. I prefer FedEx over UPS.

Re: bps score..... - 02/24/2014 2:54 PM

Even to NY? I mean I didn't think US Mail would take it, but can I do UPS or FEDEX even in NY?
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: bps score..... - 02/24/2014 3:09 PM

You will have to ask the shippers if there is any problem with NY in particular.
Posted By: nytracker

Re: bps score..... - 02/25/2014 12:17 AM

Safe act of new york bans all non face to face purchases of ammo the background check is on hold until they can get a system up and running....... as far as I know.......

Re: bps score..... - 02/25/2014 1:44 AM

Well, so much for that idea...
Posted By: tyler.woodard04

Re: bps score..... - 02/25/2014 1:58 PM

from what i hear its not going to be up and running anytime soon. but components can be ordered. tried it and was successful
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums