Handgunhunt

Handgun hunting video proposal

Posted By: Chance Weldon

Handgun hunting video proposal - 03/11/2014 8:12 PM

Gary added the hunting video forum over a month ago, but only nine videos have been posted; four by Gary, four by Gregg, and one from myself. The reason for this, I believe, is that not many people here have the time or capability of producing a video, even if they truly wanted to. So, I came up with an idea:

I'm officially proposing that if some of you decide to film your handgun hunt this fall, I will offer to edit your hunt into a video. Specifically, I was thinking we could do a "group hunt" kind of deal, in which we all go hunting in our respective areas and do some filming. Afterward you could email your videos to me, and I would edit together the videos into one big hunting video showcasing different handgun hunters, separated by hundreds or maybe even thousands of miles, hunting with handguns simultaneously.

So, what do you think? Could this work?
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Handgun hunting video proposal - 03/11/2014 8:16 PM

Sounds neat, but I have no way to video so will just watch.
Posted By: SEAK

Re: Handgun hunting video proposal - 03/11/2014 8:34 PM

Gives me a reason to figure out how my video camera works.
Posted By: Franchise

Re: Handgun hunting video proposal - 03/11/2014 9:19 PM

I have many of my handgun hunts on VHS. Can anyone convert these to DVD?
Posted By: Okie Hunter

Re: Handgun hunting video proposal - 03/11/2014 10:35 PM

I've been looking at cameras and trying to figure out how I could film and hunt at the same time.

Re: Handgun hunting video proposal - 03/11/2014 11:08 PM

That's the trick. You should preferably have either a good, stable mounting system like a tripod or someone else to help you film.
Posted By: mike.44

Re: Handgun hunting video proposal - 03/12/2014 11:55 AM

Sounds like a neat idea. I will need to look at some affordable video equipment.
Posted By: tyler.woodard04

Re: Handgun hunting video proposal - 03/12/2014 3:07 PM

good use for the new go pro
Posted By: Gary

Re: Handgun hunting video proposal - 03/12/2014 4:01 PM

I shot the Africa video with a goPro ($350) and a Canon Vixia ($299) I would recommend a camera with as high optical zoom as you can get and one with manual focus as an option. The Vixia I have does not have manual focus but it does have 32x zoom. One of the biggest challenges is good audio. The goPro doesn't do that so well.

Re: Handgun hunting video proposal - 03/12/2014 5:11 PM

Any digital video camera will do just fine if it has a good zoom or if you aren't too far away from whatever you're filming. This would be an internet video; it wouldn't require a fancy, overly expensive camera. A GoPro or small handheld camera is all you'd need.

Capturing decent audio is always a pain, especially when you're whispering to avoid spooking game and the camera's microphone isn't that great. However, I can put in subtitles if you'd like me to do so.
Posted By: Badubet

Re: Handgun hunting video proposal - 03/12/2014 10:12 PM

Great idea and offer Wolf. Thanks
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: Handgun hunting video proposal - 03/13/2014 5:28 AM

Originally Posted By: Okie Hunter
I've been looking at cameras and trying to figure out how I could film and hunt at the same time.

That is not easy to do, but if you try hard enough, it can be done:

Insurmountable Odds

Or you can buy one of the cameras that is designed for just this task, as some of the others mention here.

Obviously the best way is for you to team up with a buddy who films while you do the shooting.

Gregg

Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: Handgun hunting video proposal - 03/13/2014 5:38 AM

Originally Posted By: TN Lone Wolf

I'm officially proposing that if some of you decide to film your handgun hunt this fall, I will offer to edit your hunt into a video. Specifically, I was thinking we could do a "group hunt" kind of deal, in which we all go hunting in our respective areas and do some filming. Afterward you could email your videos to me, and I would edit together the videos into one big hunting video showcasing different handgun hunters, separated by hundreds or maybe even thousands of miles, hunting with handguns simultaneously.

TN Lone Wolf;

Having done my share of editing, as I did my complete video myself,

Hunter's Eye Video

I am impressed by your extremely generous offer.

You are the man! as I know how time-consuming this is (I am currently working on a short video for Field of Dreams, hopefully to be broadcast on Northwest Hunter TV Show) and I hope some of these members here will take you up on that wonderful offer.

Gregg

Re: Handgun hunting video proposal - 03/13/2014 9:44 PM

Thanks, Gregg. I've heard of groups of people working together and making videos even though they may live all over the world, so I thought why couldn't we do the same?
Posted By: Justin Martel

Re: Handgun hunting video proposal - 03/25/2014 4:01 AM

my hunting partner and I were talking about filming are hunts thanks for the advice and encouragement y'all see what we come up with come December
Posted By: BBwheelgunner

Re: Handgun hunting video proposal - 03/25/2014 3:34 PM

I'm with Rod on this one, I don't have a camera, but will be looking forward to what you guys come up with!

Re: Handgun hunting video proposal - 03/25/2014 4:17 PM

If anyone's interested in having a video edited, regardless of whether you want just a video of your hunt or to be part of a group video, send me a PM.
Posted By: SChunter

Re: Handgun hunting video proposal - 03/25/2014 4:30 PM

TN Lone Wolf - I'm in...it'll be a good excuse to dust off my old POS Panasonic and get some footage!

Re: Handgun hunting video proposal - 07/01/2014 2:00 AM

I've done some more thinking on this. I'm still willing to do this if some of you will be willing to film, but I'll need to change one thing about the proposal. It'll probably be better if, instead of emailing videos (which tend to be huge files that take forever to download), I'll have you mail me an SD card or USB drive with the videos on it. I just think attempting to email and download potentially hours worth of video would take way too long to be practical. And don't worry, after I'm done with the videos, I'll mail the SD cards and USB drives back to their respective owners.
Posted By: csherrill

Re: Handgun hunting video proposal - 07/01/2014 2:09 AM

That's a very generous and great offer. Look forward to watching the results.
Posted By: longhunter

Re: Handgun hunting video proposal - 07/01/2014 4:34 AM

that's a pretty cool idea, I am going to try and film some squirrel hunts. I have had a camera for a few years but have never used it.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums