Handgunhunt

Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH?

Posted By: G19

Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH? - 03/29/2014 8:28 PM

For those of you the hunt or have hunted with a RSBHH which grip do you prefer? Bisley or what I call a Plow handle. I figure that ya'll that own and hunt with them would be the best ones to ask. A LGS has both versions (go figure) and they guy said he would give me a good deal on one since nobody even really looks at them when they come into his store. Thanks.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH? - 03/29/2014 9:00 PM

Bisley all the way. Especially if you are going to run it hard.
Posted By: SEAK

Re: Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH? - 03/29/2014 9:41 PM

To me the Bisley recoils like a DA revolver and with hot ammo for some easier to control.The SBH grip is my favorite for BH's and I've added them to 45colt and 41mag with good shooting results. Best to grip them both alot and pick your poison,best if you can shoot both first.JMOFO
Posted By: Badubet

Re: Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH? - 03/29/2014 9:53 PM

Bisley for me but there is a small bunch that prefer the roll of the plow compared to the push of the Bisley.

Re: Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH? - 03/29/2014 10:52 PM

Thanks all, I have never shot a revolver and this is a first for me. Semi autos (Glocks, Beretts, Sigs) have always been my thing. There are some times we must go on expierence of others and I'm confident in the Bisley grip due to the fact 2 out of the 3 replies vote for or use the Bisley. I'll post photo's sometime tomorrow after I pick it up.
Posted By: billa

Re: Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH? - 03/29/2014 11:23 PM

I like the Bisley. I always put Pachmayer grips on the standard RSB. Been shooting Super Blackhawks for 35 years. Awesome gun. bagged my first Whitetail buck with one in 1980.
Posted By: RustyGunn

Re: Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH? - 03/30/2014 12:09 AM

I prefer the Bisley. Both in looks and feel. A few years back I owned a Bisley Hunter but unfortunately sold it to pay the bills. Never shot it.
Posted By: SChunter

Re: Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH? - 03/30/2014 12:32 AM

Originally Posted By: s4s4u
Bisley all the way. Especially if you are going to run it hard.

Yep - what he said!
Posted By: 98Redline

Re: Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH? - 03/30/2014 1:39 AM

Bisley for sure.

The standard plow handle is fine until you start pushing the heavy slugs with equally stout charges. The Bisley grip makes the gun much easier to control. Just look at all of the big bore custom smiths, Bisley, Bisley, Bisley.

Yes the plow handle rolls up, but with full tilt loads, it rolls up far enough to dig the hammer into the web of my thumb...no fun.
Posted By: AmmoHouse

Re: Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH? - 03/30/2014 2:37 AM

I'll be the odd ball, I like the plow handle.
I dont run my gun very hard though.
A 250-270grn bullet going 900-1000fps will do just fine for me.
My 454 is only going 1500fps and I'm fine with the plow handle.

Re: Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH? - 03/30/2014 3:00 AM

I don't reload yet so I picked up a couple of boxes of ammo today to try out. They are 240gr JSP @ 1180 fps. I'll see how they work out as soon as I get a chance.
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH? - 03/30/2014 3:40 AM

Another vote here for the Bisley. I have the Bisley SBHH in 45 Colt and it is one of my two favorites. I run a hot load pushing a 335 grain HC and love shooting this revolver.

Its so smooth, it feels almost like it has custom grips. I owe this revolver to Junebug. I'd still be searching if it hadn't been for him finding it.
Posted By: junebug

Re: Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH? - 03/30/2014 4:40 AM

I like and shoot both but not with factory grips. Shoot both and pick the one that feels best to you. We all perceive recoil differently and it is all about consistancy and feel.
Posted By: KRal

Re: Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH? - 03/30/2014 5:45 AM

I prefer the Bisley grip on Rugers. Not only does it feel better with heavy recoil, but also has a better natural point of aim (for me). The later was the selling point on my first Bisley.
Posted By: SEAK

Re: Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH? - 03/30/2014 7:23 AM

The Bisley grip was invented for match shooting and long days on the firing line.
Posted By: RustyGunn

Re: Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH? - 03/30/2014 7:40 AM

Originally Posted By: SEAK
The Bisley grip was invented for match shooting and long days on the firing line.

Little did they know that it would work wonders for magnum recoil. Those originals look sort of ugly. Ruger's look better to me. But I like Elmer's #5 the most.
Posted By: dhom

Re: Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH? - 03/30/2014 10:22 AM

+1 on the Bisley
Posted By: Boot

Re: Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH? - 03/30/2014 11:08 AM

I prefer the plow handle myself. It's what I learned to shoot with many many years ago using my dad's SBH. I now hunt with the SBHH, and still use the plow handle, even when shooting double tap 320gr heavy loads. The bisley grip just feels odd to me, and I never could warm up to it. Like everyone says, it's a personal preference thing, pick whats comfortable to YOU, and start shooting.
Posted By: BINGO

Re: Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH? - 03/30/2014 1:25 PM

Bisley!!! I grew up on 3 screw Blackhawks. I then bought 1 of the 1st runs of the "Hunter" model (44). Hunted happily w/it until I used a Bisley. Sold it to a friend w/very big hands as he prefers the original. Go figure? Had 1 custom gripped w/a Bisley for me & converted or sold any w/a Blackhawk grip frame. When those 3 screws come to me they'll have #5's put on. I also have an FA 454. Better than a Blackhawk but not as comfortable as a Bisley.

Re: Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH? - 03/30/2014 6:31 PM

Thanks all, look for a new post in a few thanking everyone.
Posted By: mike.44

Re: Bisley or Plow handle on RSBHH? - 03/30/2014 11:53 PM

Bisley all the way.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums