Handgunhunt

If you could...

Posted By: jamesfromjersey

If you could... - 04/06/2014 8:21 PM

I know this question has been asked before, but it would be nice to here from some of the newer members. What animal would you like to handgun if time and money were no problem?? For the sake of a good topic this list can include endangered species as well.
My number one is a Siberian tiger and number two would be a polar bear. As you can see from my answer this will never happen
so number three is a big black mane lion..... What`s yours???
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: If you could... - 04/06/2014 8:26 PM

That's a good question. I'd like to go after a grizzly or brown bear armed only with a handgun. Second place is a wolf. Third? Maybe a fallow deer. I've already killed a fallow deer with a rifle, but I want to hunt one with a handgun, too.
Posted By: Dave Tarbell

Re: If you could... - 04/06/2014 8:31 PM

Mine is not very special but I love big muleys and some of the areas of Utah,Nevada,Montana right next door and mexico could make me a real happy guy.
Posted By: SEAK

Re: If you could... - 04/06/2014 8:41 PM

Tiger because they spooked me so bad in VietNam. Cape Buffalo and Wart Hog would be next.
Posted By: archr610

Re: If you could... - 04/06/2014 9:37 PM

Hog,Elk,Pronghorn. In any order. I have the time, now if only...............
Posted By: 98Redline

Re: If you could... - 04/06/2014 10:27 PM

Kudu
Brown Bear
Maybe a Cape Buffalo

I hope to be able to do #1 and 2.
#3 will require more income and more balls on my part
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: If you could... - 04/06/2014 10:35 PM

Kudu.
The blonde color phase bear on our property.
Hogs / warthogs.

#2 has taken place every year for the past 3 years, and I still can't get that sucker. #1 and #3 will be a combined hunt... someday.
Posted By: racksmasher1

Re: If you could... - 04/06/2014 11:18 PM

I would like to kill a bull elk with my 480 Ruger,using my own cast bullets,I would get a lot of satisfaction,your"e coming up with some great answers guy"s, I hope your dreams come true.
Posted By: lamina1982

Re: If you could... - 04/06/2014 11:33 PM

Always wanted to handgun an elephant, probably with my 500sw encore.
Always loved those videos of charging elephants dropping at hunters feet. Seems it would be pretty amazing,to see and harvest such an animal.
Posted By: nytracker

Re: If you could... - 04/06/2014 11:37 PM

I guess im kind of a vanilla kind of guy. I would like to shoot bears , black grizz, brown and polar. An elk a mule deer. But to be honest the thing I want to hunt the most would be buffalo.... good old fashion north American bison . Have dreamed about it since I was a kid... to be honest I dreamt about it again a a few weeks ago.. think it would be awsome to have all that meat to share with my family... and a baffalo skin robe . Never wanted to go to Africa and hunt them critters. Just dont see a point to it. A safari just to look take pics... maybe a balloon safari . Perhaps a gator.
Posted By: Franchise

Re: If you could... - 04/06/2014 11:56 PM

A Takin. Followed by a Tur.
Posted By: wheelguns

Re: If you could... - 04/07/2014 12:34 AM

My list is way too long, but just a few would be Alaskan Moose, Brown Bear, Cape Buffalo, and Grand Slam of sheep would be pretty cool.
Posted By: SChunter

Re: If you could... - 04/07/2014 1:55 AM

Norm, we're on the same page!

#1 - a wheelgunned Cape Buffalo

#2 - Carmen/Tiburon Island bighorn sheep, wheelgun style

#3 - Marco Polo sheep

#4 - Alaskan moose, coming to the call

I need to play the lottery more often.
Posted By: Ellis

Re: If you could... - 04/07/2014 2:33 AM

Elephant with 375jdj no doubt...
Posted By: LABRAT

Re: If you could... - 04/07/2014 4:38 AM

planning on a wheelgun water buff in 3-4 years. would love to do a timber elk hunt with my 44 magnum om flattop,and a moose hunt with my Gallagher bisley.
Posted By: Badubet

Re: If you could... - 04/07/2014 5:36 AM

Coastal brown bear, cape Buffalo, polar bear in that order
Posted By: dhom

Re: If you could... - 04/07/2014 9:51 AM

I have to go with coastal brown bear and an over 60" moose.
Posted By: cottonstalk

Re: If you could... - 04/07/2014 10:49 AM

Sitka blacktail/brown bear combo
Any full curl sheep species
Posted By: Russell

Re: If you could... - 04/07/2014 2:06 PM

Alaskan moose.
Posted By: Gunz

Re: If you could... - 04/07/2014 3:13 PM

I would love to go way up in the Canadian bush to handgun hunt a big old dark horned white tail and a moose too. Would love to shoot some bottle necked cartridges out of my Encore. Only straight walled allowed here in Michigan and no handguns in Canada. But, those are hunts I would love to do someday. One can dream...
Posted By: RustyGunn

Re: If you could... - 04/07/2014 3:59 PM

A very large black maned lion, with a 480Ruger. Second, a large Kodiak brown bear. Third, acape buffalo. Fantasy hunt, a velociraptor.
Posted By: BINGO

Re: If you could... - 04/07/2014 9:40 PM

Polar bear. I like extreme climates. But griz would due.
Posted By: Festus

Re: If you could... - 04/07/2014 9:56 PM

squirrel!

Pretty happy hunting Ohio whitetails.

But want to start handgunning for small game.
Posted By: mikefrompa

Re: If you could... - 04/09/2014 11:25 AM

No. one would be Moose then Elk then maybe some kind of African plains game.
Posted By: KRal

Re: If you could... - 04/09/2014 2:37 PM

First I'd like to do an Alaskan safari: Moose, Brown Bear, Black Bear, Caribou, Mountain Goat, Dall Sheep, Wolf, Wolverine, Elk, Bison, and Blacktail Deer. Although it's a dream that won't happen, I'd still love to do it. Second would be an African Safari for random big game (targets of opportunity).

P.S. I left of MuskOx
Posted By: Okie Hunter

Re: If you could... - 04/09/2014 3:45 PM

I have to start with black bear. Probably the easiest to achieve (closest to home and limited budget).
Posted By: dvan

Re: If you could... - 04/14/2014 12:45 AM

#1 Kudu or any African plains game #2 6x6 Elk or 5x5 Mule Deer, #3 Grizzly or Brown Bear..then after I got that all done I would do a North American Super Slam just for fun.
Posted By: Zee

Re: If you could... - 04/14/2014 2:16 AM

Stone Sheep/Bighorn Sheep - Specialty Pistol

Alaska Yukon Moose - Revolver
Posted By: KRal

Re: If you could... - 04/14/2014 2:18 AM

Welcome, Zee!
Posted By: Zee

Re: If you could... - 04/14/2014 2:27 AM

Originally Posted By: KRal
Welcome, Zee!

Appreciated, Sir.
Posted By: Vance in AK.

Re: If you could... - 04/14/2014 3:42 AM

Brown bear & moose with the 480 SRH.
Posted By: cfish2

Re: If you could... - 04/16/2014 1:28 AM

Polar bear with my 475 linebaugh, and a lion with a Maasai spear
Posted By: reflex264

Re: If you could... - 04/17/2014 6:46 PM

1. Maine moose with my .45
2. Timber elk with my original .44mag flat top (LABRAT and I have talked about doing this)
3. African plains game kudu, gemsbok, Imapala and blesbok. Those are the animals that scream Africa to me.
Posted By: briarhopper

Re: If you could... - 04/18/2014 5:56 PM

Would love to take the following with my 3-screw .44mag

1. Alaskan Moose
2. Black Bear (I've faced a griz with a rifle, don't have the nerve to do it with a pistol. Sorry.)
3. American Bison
4. Hog
5. Deer

Been on the site here for quite a while, and my handgun is still bloodless. Kind of a little ashamed of myself.
\:\(
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: If you could... - 04/18/2014 6:04 PM

A Kodiak Brown Bear and/or a Polar Bear with my custom .475 Linebaugh.
Posted By: Mark Hampton

Re: If you could... - 04/18/2014 6:44 PM

Mountain nyala
Markhor
Posted By: BBwheelgunner

Re: If you could... - 04/19/2014 5:50 PM

This interesting to see what everyone would do if there were no limits.

For me,

A "classic" 21 day Safari in Tanzania with dangerous game, and all kinds of plains game but would especially like an old eland bull, and of course a good "dagga boy"

Minnesota bull moose taken in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, via canoe. Throw a wolf on top of that and it would be even sweeter
;\)

Wild Bison bull. Maybe the Henry Mountain tag in Utah, with pack-string and all.

I must say I had to think about this for a little while... there are so many that I have on my "list"!!! some, more manageable than others, but these three would be spectacular.

p.s. all would be with wheelguns of course. my FA 454 and Ruger 45 colt
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: If you could... - 04/21/2014 5:16 AM

Originally Posted By: BBwheelgunner
This interesting to see what everyone would do if there were no limits.

For me,

A "classic" 21 day Safari in Tanzania with dangerous game, and all kinds of plains game but would especially like an old eland bull, and of course a good "dagga boy"

Minnesota bull moose taken in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, via canoe. Throw a wolf on top of that and it would be even sweeter
;\)

Wild Bison bull. Maybe the Henry Mountain tag in Utah, with pack-string and all.

I must say I had to think about this for a little while... there are so many that I have on my "list"!!! some, more manageable than others, but these three would be spectacular.

p.s. all would be with wheelguns of course. my FA 454 and Ruger 45 colt

My hat is off to you.....
Posted By: BBwheelgunner

Re: If you could... - 04/21/2014 4:14 PM

I have read some stories of people hunting the Henry mountain tag, and it certainly looks like an adventure!

Taking a wild bison bull in the west would be the American dream for me. Just something about those huge wooly buggers that gets to ya.
Posted By: Stush

Re: If you could... - 04/28/2014 4:51 PM

No contest - the short faced bear:

http://www.bearsoftheworld.net/arctodus_simus.asp

I just have to make sure I can perfect time travel and take two revolver with me...
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: If you could... - 04/28/2014 5:00 PM

When my brother and I were young (preteen) Dad would take us up in the mountains at least once during elk season when we lived in Montana. After we moved back to Minnesota we always had a notion of all of us going back to Montana for an elk hunt together. Well that never did materialize because of life in general and if I could arrange any hunt anywhere for free, a Montana elk hunt with my Dad and brother would be at the top of the list. But, being my Dad will be turning 80 this month it would be a challenge indeed. Not likely to happen, tho.
Posted By: campbellkids

Re: If you could... - 04/29/2014 3:15 AM

An Idaho wolf with my sbh 10". And then another one. And then another one. And then another one........ and then a huge moose when the population rebuilds from the federal (and Idaho) government(s) blunder!!!!
Posted By: campbellkids

Re: If you could... - 04/29/2014 3:19 AM

I am not picky, I would shoot any wolf with any gun that I have. I would like a long shot with my Shiloh Sharps.
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: If you could... - 04/29/2014 1:35 PM

Originally Posted By: keithlacon
 Originally Posted By: nytracker
I guess im kind of a vanilla kind of guy. I would like to shoot bears , black grizz, brown and polar. An elk a mule deer. But to be honest the thing I want to hunt the most would be buffalo.... good old fashion north American bison . Have dreamed about it since I was a kid... to be honest I dreamt about it again a a few weeks ago.. think it would be awsome to have all that meat to share with my family... and a baffalo skin robe . Never wanted to go to Africa and hunt them critters. Just dont see a point to it. A safari just to look take pics... maybe a balloon safari . Perhaps a gator.

Hey, I will suggest you to stop shooting animals for your fun.... They are creature of nature, so please.....

Huh????????????????? Keep in mind you are registered on a handgun hunting site.........
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: If you could... - 04/29/2014 4:21 PM

Whitworth, that guy spammed on another thread, if that tells you anything.
Posted By: tradmark

Re: If you could... - 05/03/2014 4:02 AM

He has a ponytail he dips in his boyfriends latte at starbucks in the artsy disrict in seattle if that tells ya something. I vote if the antihunters ever win we just start hunting them
Posted By: Coyote50

Re: If you could... - 05/09/2014 5:15 PM

Mt goat or bighorn sheep with a revolver.
Posted By: RedSS

Re: If you could... - 05/14/2014 7:14 AM

Continental regions:

A month or 2 in Africa for the Big 5 and asst. plains game.

1 mo. out west US for elk, moose, mulie.(plus some extra time to flyfish)

1 mo. Alaska for brown & polar bears, sheep, and caribou (plus some extra time to fish)

That rounds out my unattainable dreams.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums