Handgunhunt

EAA Bounty Hunter strength..

Posted By: RustyGunn

EAA Bounty Hunter strength.. - 04/19/2014 2:36 PM

Hi. A friend came to visit yesterday with a Bounty Hunter .45 LC revolver. It has a case hardened type frame. Looks like it anyway.
Is this considered a "Ruger" level of strength? Or should it use only Colt loads? I ask because he wants me to handload some ammo for him soon and I don't know much about EAA revolvers.
Thanks.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: EAA Bounty Hunter strength.. - 04/19/2014 3:21 PM

Quote:
Or should it use only Colt loads?

I think it best to go this route. I don't see EAA on the Ruger, T/C, Freedom Arms list.
Posted By: SEAK

Re: EAA Bounty Hunter strength.. - 04/19/2014 5:33 PM

Its a Uberti colt clone and standard for Colt loads only.
Posted By: RustyGunn

Re: EAA Bounty Hunter strength.. - 04/19/2014 9:55 PM

Thanks guys. I shall load it appropriately.
Posted By: TGC

Re: EAA Bounty Hunter strength.. - 04/19/2014 11:37 PM

Rusty,

I can't answer your question one way or the other. Not ruger strong I'd say, but neither is a S&W.

But, I own the eaa bountyhunter .44 magnum, 4 3/4", the same case colored frame as the one you describe. If my gun is designed to handle factory .44 magnum loads, it will be just fine for my needs because my reloads all run around 1100-1150 fps.

It is not a blackhawk and I don't think you should push it, but it is a fine gun. I carry it around on my hip at home like a tool. Made in germany.

For some more info on the gun you can look into Hawes Western Marshall. This was the name before eaa came on the scene. https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=hawes+western+marshal&btnG=Google+Search&gbv=2
It's even got "HWM" stamped on the cylinder.--Recessed cylinders I might add.-- ENJOY.
Posted By: SEAK

Re: EAA Bounty Hunter strength.. - 04/20/2014 12:05 AM

You are correct TGC. I thought EAA took up the old American Arms line from Uberti. They do make them in 44mag so can stand some extra pressure but remember the 45colt cylinder walls will be thinner than the 44's.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: EAA Bounty Hunter strength.. - 04/20/2014 1:51 AM

If they offer the exact same steel in 45 Colt as they do in 44 mag you can run her pretty hard then. The 45 Colt will throw the same bullet weight as a 44 with less pressure, but don't need to max out a 45 caliber bullet to get results.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums