Handgunhunt

Belt Mtn #5 Keith Base Pin

Posted By: Badubet

Belt Mtn #5 Keith Base Pin - 05/07/2014 1:36 AM

Has only recently ordered one of these and received it? Just trying to figure out what the lead time is to receive one.
Posted By: RustyGunn

Re: Belt Mtn #5 Keith Base Pin - 05/07/2014 6:28 AM

I ordered one a few yesrs ago. It took about two weeks to arrive in northwest Alaska. Every thing takes ten days to two weeks. Even Second Day shipping takes about five days.
The pin would not fit my previous Silverhawk but fits my new one. Tightens up the cylinder play well. I recommend one highly.

Re: Belt Mtn #5 Keith Base Pin - 05/07/2014 9:48 AM

I sent my order in a month ago and haven't heard anything. Just wondering if that was normal.
Posted By: GlennS

Re: Belt Mtn #5 Keith Base Pin - 05/07/2014 11:33 AM

Try emailing Kelye and make sure it was received. He may be working on a new batch but I'd check just to see.
Posted By: Gary

Re: Belt Mtn #5 Keith Base Pin - 05/07/2014 10:10 PM

I've got an order in too and the check hasn't been cashed either. The voice message says to allow a month

Re: Belt Mtn #5 Keith Base Pin - 05/07/2014 11:48 PM

Sounds good. I sent an email because inquiring minds want to know.
Posted By: Insp Callahan

Re: Belt Mtn #5 Keith Base Pin - 05/08/2014 1:32 AM

It's a one man operation so I'd allow at least a month. On a positive note, I have two of them for my Ruger SBH Bisley Hunters and really like them. They are a cheap way to tighten up the cyl play and also the Keith that I have is much easier to grasp than the standard one.

I think it's debatable if this is a positive thing in a non-line bored gun, however. I have noticed no detrimental effects with my guns, however I don't run them hard or in high volume. It makes sense how the removal of cyl play on a gun that has imperfect barrel cyl alignment may hasten forcing cone erosion though.

I am not a gunsmith, so maybe someone more qualified can opine.

IC

Re: Belt Mtn #5 Keith Base Pin - 05/16/2014 8:56 PM

Mine came today in the mail. What a fine piece of craftsmanship. Worth the wait.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums