Handgunhunt

Ruger SBHH Front sight replacement

Posted By: CGH

Ruger SBHH Front sight replacement - 07/14/2014 6:01 PM

All,

I recently procured a ruger super blackhawk hunter bisley and am looking into replacing the front sight for something that is a little brighter. So something like a fiber optic. First question is do I need to replace both front and rear sights or just the front. Second question is what sights do you guys recommend and where is a good place to buy them. I hope to get an ultradot on in the next couple years but not sure it is in the budget right now.

C
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Ruger SBHH Front sight replacement - 07/14/2014 6:23 PM

My FO is made by Marble's, bought at M-USA. I installed a peep rear blade from ORH.
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: Ruger SBHH Front sight replacement - 07/14/2014 6:59 PM

Dang Rod!! That is nice!! I like that better than the stock sights on my SBHH!

How big of an MOA dot is that?
Posted By: sc1911cwp

Re: Ruger SBHH Front sight replacement - 07/14/2014 10:35 PM

ORH? Nice setup. I wanted something to try like that on my FA. They were working on one but they have not produced one to date.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Ruger SBHH Front sight replacement - 07/14/2014 11:24 PM

Quote:
How big of an MOA dot is that?

I'd say it is all of 8 MOA Paul, but there is no designation from Marble's. The Williams is a bit smaller, but it is red and I wanted green. It is okay for 100 yard big game, but I got it for the bush. I have a heck of a time with standard iron sights and my 50+ YO eyes.
Posted By: Zee

Re: Ruger SBHH Front sight replacement - 07/15/2014 11:08 PM

I like the front sight and have considered getting a FO front myself. The rear Ghost Ring............yeah..........not so much.

:-)
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: Ruger SBHH Front sight replacement - 07/16/2014 12:55 AM

Thanks for the info Rod. I really like that! May have to give that a.... shot?!
Posted By: CGH

Re: Ruger SBHH Front sight replacement - 07/21/2014 9:02 PM

So no other advise on replacement front sights for the Ruger SBHH???
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums