Handgunhunt

Freedom Arms

Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Freedom Arms - 08/13/2014 4:12 PM

After I left Dick Casull`s house I drove up to Thayne, WY and stayed the night. Next morning I went back to Freedom to visit with the owners of Freedom Arms. When I told Denise the secretary my name she asked if I was a FA`s rep and I said that you know my name from all the orders I`ve called you for... She agreed... Wayne Baker is a little powerhouse. We talked about his book and how he never stops working. He brought me into Bob Baker`s office where we continued talking about handguns, handloads and hunting. I know Bob from a previous hunt we shared at the YO Ranch a number of years ago. For those of you who may never get to Freedom Arms in Wyoming, I hope this gives a quick view of what its like......

Re: Freedom Arms - 08/13/2014 4:27 PM

The photos above from top to bottom:
1) Freedom Arms
2)Showroom
3)Wayne Baker
4)Bob Baker
5)Gun safe
6)Bullet trap
Posted By: GlennS

Re: Freedom Arms - 08/13/2014 5:25 PM

I laughed when I stopped by there a few years ago and told Bob that they don't like me leaving big revolvers on my desk in my office
\:\)

Mr. Wayne is a cool guy! If you didn't know better, you would never know his age. He has had a pretty remarkable life's story.

Did you happen to walk into the bathroom and see the toilet paper dispenser??? hahaha
Posted By: Russell

Re: Freedom Arms - 08/13/2014 8:08 PM

Glad you got to stop in for a visit. Did you have a parking space with your name on it. Just kiddin', James.
Posted By: Insp Callahan

Re: Freedom Arms - 08/14/2014 12:34 AM

James,

I'm thrilled to see your pictures of Wayne, Bob and Dick. Generally you don't see a ton of press and internet attention on the active side Freedom Arms (Bob&Co), as they are understandably focused on making the finest handguns money can buy... but I have found extremely little about Dick & Wayne in the earlier days, so this is a nice treat. I wish I could find more to read about the earlier years and would love to hear more from Wayne & Dick about those times and that history.

My girlfriend at the time and I visited briefly at Freedom Arms many years ago and that was a fun little detour from Yellowstone. What amazing country!! It is almost fitting how such a well made firearm is made in such a place of rugged natural beauty. If you have a gun capable of long range accuracy, that's a great place to use it!

Thanks for posting....

IC, also from Jersey.
Posted By: campbellkids

Re: Freedom Arms - 08/14/2014 4:00 AM

I get a kick out of the shop that turns out the finest hawdguns ever. It looks like little more than a modified farmers tool shed.
same thing at the Shiloh Sharps building.
Posted By: campbellkids

Re: Freedom Arms - 08/14/2014 4:02 AM

I hunt elk about 30 miles due West of the FA shop. Maybe this year get a nice elk with my handgun
Posted By: rickiesrevenge

Re: Freedom Arms - 08/14/2014 5:10 AM

I met Bob Baker at this years MOA shoot. Seemed like a really nice guy.

Re: Freedom Arms - 08/14/2014 5:22 PM

Originally Posted By: campbellkids
I hunt elk about 30 miles due West of the FA shop. Maybe this year get a nice elk with my handgun

beautiful country....
Posted By: cottonstalk

Re: Freedom Arms - 08/14/2014 8:26 PM

Looks like you had a great trip,thanks for sharing
Posted By: racksmasher1

Re: Freedom Arms - 08/15/2014 12:49 AM

AWESOME
Posted By: BBwheelgunner

Re: Freedom Arms - 08/15/2014 2:27 AM

I have been working in Dubois WY for the last two summers and took the opportunity to visit Freedom Arms and pick up some bullets and a few things. It is a humble little factory and "showroom", and the folks there, including Bob are nothing but nice.

I had a question about something on my 83 and Bob himself helped me on the spot. Pretty awesome service. We got to talking about hunting and the up coming season.

I will give them business any time I can afford it
;\)

Re: Freedom Arms - 08/15/2014 8:09 PM

Originally Posted By: cottonstalk

there`s more to come......
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Freedom Arms - 08/15/2014 9:00 PM

Originally Posted By: jamesfromjersey
 Originally Posted By: cottonstalk