Handgunhunt

Quiet opener

Posted By: s4s4u

Quiet opener - 11/08/2014 5:34 PM

Was a quiet opening morning here in NW Minnesota. Rained and blew all day yesterday and still blowing this morning. Nothing is moving, I think I heard a total of 3 shots. Gonna have to go for a walk after lunch.

Anyone having any luck?
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: Quiet opener - 11/09/2014 1:50 AM

Hang in there s4s4u, as you know weather is a significant factor in hunting; and sticking it out in spite of the odds can often spell success!

Keep us posted.

Gregg

Re: Quiet opener - 11/09/2014 2:00 AM

Went for a stroll this afternoon. Good conditions, with a nice breeze in the trees. A little snow would have been welcome, which we are getting as I type this. I managed to get close a couple times but couldn't get a clear shot when they busted. A buddy in a tree stand nailed one of the bucks I flushed so even though I didn't connect we have meat hanging. Another day tomorrow.
Posted By: BBwheelgunner

Re: Quiet opener - 11/09/2014 2:11 AM

glad to hear you are getting some snow! that ought to help. I am hunting around Bemidji, and it was tough this morining, the leaves sounded like cornflakes. this afternoon was better, and we are getting the white stuff. but no action for me. been hearing plenty of shots though.

Looking forward to the morning, maybe do some tracking!

Good luck out there, be safe!
Posted By: SEAK

Re: Quiet opener - 11/09/2014 9:25 AM

A day will soon come when a day afield is all the joy you desire.And if you then see game its gravy and take one its a five years old christmas all over again.
Posted By: racksmasher1

Re: Quiet opener - 11/10/2014 11:54 AM

Best of luck to you.
Posted By: bigbore442001

Re: Quiet opener - 11/10/2014 1:25 PM

I wish you well. From what I understand there will be a significant change in the weather for this week across the nation.

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/polar-vortex-42-states/37049255

This change should get deer moving. Especially if they are in rut.

Re: Quiet opener - 11/11/2014 1:32 AM

I've seen hair, but no horns. We are on the northern edge of that big storm system so who knows what that will bring. Still better than workin'
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Quiet opener - 11/11/2014 1:45 AM

Best of luck to you.

Originally Posted By: s4s4u
Still better than workin'

Better than college classes, too.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums