Handgunhunt

Encore Stainless/blue Mix

Posted By: NHSHTR

Encore Stainless/blue Mix - 11/17/2014 3:22 PM

I was wondering with all the optional barrels for the Encore, how many of you mix a Stainless frame with a blued barrel (which is usually cheaper) or vice-verse? If so, any mixed metal or other issues? (does the deer care whether it's shot with matching frame and barrel?)

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Posted By: Randominator

Re: Encore Stainless/blue Mix - 11/17/2014 3:39 PM

I mix mine ever since I have been shooting the break open TC's. The main reason is I have more blue frames than stainless. I have never had an issue and usually select stainless over blue if it is available.
Posted By: junebug

Re: Encore Stainless/blue Mix - 11/17/2014 11:25 PM

Your lady hunter friends will tell you the colors clash and shouldn't be used together. But as an old fart I use whatever works best for me ,Yep stainless and blue shoot very well together.The bucks don't seem to care but the does die with a sneer on their faces.
Posted By: Gary

Re: Encore Stainless/blue Mix - 11/18/2014 3:08 AM

I actually like that look in the single shots.
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Encore Stainless/blue Mix - 11/18/2014 4:47 AM

Odds are it will shoot just fine, although it might get a couple of strange glances at the range. I'm sure with the right combination of barrel, receiver, forend, scope, and grip, you could make a really neat looking one.

Ooh, I know! Take a blued receiver, stainless barrel, black scope, and bluish colored grips and forend, and you could imitate the Weatherby Accumark's look. That's what I'd do.
Posted By: NHSHTR

Re: Encore Stainless/blue Mix - 11/23/2014 7:47 PM

Thanks to all for the feedback. junebug, thanks, I'll put up with does that die with a sneer on their faces!
\:\)

Yesterday I bought a used 7mm-08 blued barrel in great shape inside and out for my S/S Encore and it looks and fits fine. I'm sure it will shoot well too.

Unfortunately, my deer season is done. But the good side is I got a nice sized doe on opening day, so the freezer is not empty of venison. We get one firearm deer per season here. (You can get a doe permit to hunt shotgun in the more populated WMU of the state, but I didn't apply).

Looking forward to learning to shoot the Encore and reload for it. Thanks again.
Posted By: junebug

Re: Encore Stainless/blue Mix - 11/24/2014 1:38 AM

Be forwarned you are on a slippery slope. Contenders and Encores are like potato chips you can't have just one!!!
\:D
Posted By: Love_My_Encores

Re: Encore Stainless/blue Mix - 11/25/2014 2:15 AM

I have a Encore pistol action and rifle action, both in stainless. I have 2 rifle barrels, both fluted stainless,bull brls. I have 3 pistol barrels, 2 fluted stainless bulls and just bought a blue 357 brl. I only bought blue because I could not find a stainless one and also because Mike Bellm reamed it for me. I do not mind the look of mixing blue and stainless in the Encores.
Posted By: JBWhitehead

Re: Encore Stainless/blue Mix - 11/25/2014 3:36 PM

I've never seen a deer offended by the mixed combination it was shot at. Only that it was shot.
\:\)
Posted By: countryrebel

Re: Encore Stainless/blue Mix - 01/09/2015 8:39 PM

Stainless frame with all blued barrels. I really like the way they look.
Posted By: Bullelk Hunter

Re: Encore Stainless/blue Mix - 01/10/2015 12:44 AM

OOPS, I didn't know we supposed to match them?

Heck I mix barrels and scopes and frames all the time.
I like it myself.
Posted By: Bullelk Hunter

Re: Encore Stainless/blue Mix - 01/10/2015 12:46 AM

sorry Love (not an endearment!), you don't have nearly enough barrels!! ;)and only 2 actions.....what the ....?
Posted By: csherrill

Re: Encore Stainless/blue Mix - 01/11/2015 12:24 AM

I don't mind the mixing of stainless and blued TC parts. I buy barrels used if I can find them and it doesn't matter what they are. I like em all!
Posted By: Dan B.

Re: Encore Stainless/blue Mix - 01/11/2015 2:12 AM

I don't like the mixed look on T/C's. I prefer to have everything blued.
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: Encore Stainless/blue Mix - 01/11/2015 3:02 AM

I have always mixed mine; I like the look and as long as they perform well its no big deal.

\:D
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums