Handgunhunt

Three Members Get Published

Posted By: Gregg Richter

Three Members Get Published - 12/12/2014 1:03 AM

I just received my December SIXGUNNER (published by Mr. JD Jones re: Handgun Hunters International and SSK Industries) and was pleasantly surprised to see that three of our members have stories published.

GlennS landed the front page with his story on his Bison, and JamesFromJersey made page 3 with his Muley Buck.

Last but not least, WVHitman commanded a full three pages updating us on his groundhog kill status to...more than 12,000 lifetime kills...!!!

There were of course stories by others but if they were from members here I did not recognize them by their byline.
Posted By: Franchise

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/12/2014 1:32 AM

I got my issue on Monday
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/12/2014 1:33 AM

Well, congrat's to all!
Posted By: Darrell H

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/12/2014 2:15 AM

Handgun hunters are some of the best hunters in the world! handgunhunt.com is blessed to have some great handgun hunters as contributing members! congrats guys!
Posted By: GlennS

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/12/2014 2:42 AM

That's cool. I saw it last night when I got back in town.
Posted By: Gary

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/12/2014 3:23 AM

Agreed
Posted By: pab1

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/12/2014 7:02 AM

Very cool! Congrats guys!
Posted By: racksmasher1

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/12/2014 11:50 AM

Credit where credit is due,these guys walk the walk,very accomplished handgun hunting ICONS.
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/12/2014 3:20 PM

That's awesome!
Posted By: 500WE

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/12/2014 3:25 PM

Good work by all 3, as usual.
Posted By: JBWhitehead

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/12/2014 3:36 PM

This is impressive and congratulations on being published. I have been a member of several different forums ranging from the local general forum to national bow hunting and predator hunting forums. Never have I been a part of a more respectable, responsible and well versed group of hunters and shooters than now.

As an 18-year game warden it is refreshing to read posts that don't refer to the expletive-deleted "Mr. Green Jeans" and other such postings. Congratulations again on your publishing.
Posted By: reflex264

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/12/2014 8:57 PM

Huge congrats fellers!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: wvhitman

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/12/2014 9:35 PM

Thanks for posting Greg. HHI is a dying organization, unfortunately. Not many members write and a lot never rejoin. Our publication, The Sixgunner is a wealth of information. I have every one since inception of Oct. 1978 and frequently refer back to them for hunting and loading information.
Those of you that are members, please try to get others to join. Nonmembers-please join. It's cheap, informative, and unique. We are living with a handgun legend, JD Jones. Keep in contact with him through this. He won't be here forever. Many times he's questioned the worth of keeping HHI going. We need to keep HHI going.
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/13/2014 2:02 AM

You are welcome, Doc.

I agree, and plan on sending a few stories in soon. I know I have been lax lately...

BTW, I have about the same collection as I joined in 1978 and saved every one.

HHI
Posted By: wvhitman

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/13/2014 2:17 AM

The unusual/weird thing about my collection is that those flimsy little papers survived my house fire in 2002 where I lost everything I had except them and our family bible, including 65 guns and massive loading supplies. Go, figure!
Posted By: SChunter

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/13/2014 3:27 AM

Mine arrived yesterday - i renewed again this year for another 3 years!

I need to send JD some articles - some would look very similar to posts on this very site
\:\)
Posted By: dvan

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/13/2014 4:06 AM

Way to go guys. I have tried several emails to contact to join with no luck.
Posted By: billa

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/13/2014 6:36 PM

I just read The Sixgunner articles. Great hunts guys. Congratulations.
Posted By: billa

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/13/2014 6:49 PM

I agree with Doc and Gregg. HHI is an awesome organization. J D Jones is a true pioneer and ballistics innovator. Much of the high performance handgun stuff we take for granted he pioneered back in the 70s and 80s. His JDJ line of cartridges brought big game hunting with handguns a long way. J D, Lee Jurras and Larry Kelly really brought handgun hunting into the public eye. You should join HHI today!
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/13/2014 10:59 PM

Originally Posted By: wvhitman
Thanks for posting Greg. HHI is a dying organization, unfortunately. Not many members write and a lot never rejoin. Our publication, The Sixgunner is a wealth of information. I have every one since inception of Oct. 1978 and frequently refer back to them for hunting and loading information.
Those of you that are members, please try to get others to join. Nonmembers-please join. It's cheap, informative, and unique. We are living with a handgun legend, JD Jones. Keep in contact with him through this. He won't be here forever. Many times he's questioned the worth of keeping HHI going. We need to keep HHI going.

Gregg, Thank you so much for your good words... I agree 100% with Doc about HHI. If not a member you should join. Its the best $25 a year you can spend as a handgun hunter. If you are a member, JD needs YOUR articles and pictures about your handgun hunts... Does not matter if you shoot a ground hog or hogzilla.
God bless and good hunting.....
Posted By: tradmark

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/14/2014 4:14 AM

awesome job guys!!
Posted By: X-Ray Eyes

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/20/2014 12:00 AM

Thanks for the information on HHI...I learn something valuable every time I come to this forum.
;\)
Posted By: Bullelk Hunter

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/20/2014 1:18 AM

I read the whole thing..cover to cover and it inspired me to call JD and order a new Encore barrel for Stalking in the black timer of Colorado next year. a 12" 416 Rigby with a big ( I mean BIG) fish-gill muzzle brake and a 3-ring TSOB on top should do the trick.
I can wait to wring it out over the chrony and report it back to here.
Posted By: GlennS

Re: Three Members Get Published - 12/20/2014 4:12 AM

That fishgill brake works well. I have it on my 50 Alaskan.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums