Handgunhunt

Crossdraw holster for Bisley RSB 3 3/4"?

Posted By: billa

Crossdraw holster for Bisley RSB 3 3/4"? - 09/24/2015 3:42 AM

I am looking for suggestions on a cross draw holster for my Lipsey - Bisley RSB 44 magnum 3 3/4".

I am considering a Simply Rugged Sourdough pancake model. I want a secure cross draw holster for hunting , camping, hiking etc. I usually prefer the security of a thumb break style holster. Is the sourdough secure enough without a retention strap?
Posted By: SEAK

Re: Crossdraw holster for Bisley RSB 3 3/4"? - 09/24/2015 5:48 AM

I have not been able to shake my like gun from my sourdough when held upside down.They are cross draw,strong side and with Chesty Puller rig chest holster all in one.No plastic used in anything all leather and buckles

Re: Crossdraw holster for Bisley RSB 3 3/4"? - 09/24/2015 9:44 PM

Who else likes or dislikes the Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake holster ?
Posted By: freedom475

Re: Crossdraw holster for Bisley RSB 3 3/4"? - 09/24/2015 11:21 PM

I don't enjoy the couple pancakes that I have...One of many of my dislikes for the style, is that it is hard for me to re-holster. I don't mind the 1911 because it is flat, but the revolver with it cylinder and ejector rod housing just seems to hang up. But they are versatile by design.

To me, a SBH holster should look something like this.

This one is a 7X, strong side, and belongs to a member here...but X-draw is an easy mod. The holster I carry my 3 3/4" Lipsey Bisley in looks just like this one, but it's a real tidy little package.

Posted By: racksmasher1

Re: Crossdraw holster for Bisley RSB 3 3/4"? - 09/25/2015 12:18 AM

Look at Western Leather.

Re: Crossdraw holster for Bisley RSB 3 3/4"? - 09/26/2015 3:10 AM

I ordered a Simply Rugged sourdough holster today. I like the body hugging style of the pancake. I will mostly carry cross draw. I can't wait to give it a try.
Posted By: FA834ME

Re: Crossdraw holster for Bisley RSB 3 3/4"? - 09/27/2015 1:00 AM

I posted on the thread about Chest Holsters regarding my likes and dislikes and over all impression of my Simply Rugged. The name fits. Not in the class of holster seen in pictures on this sight but works as advertised.
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: Crossdraw holster for Bisley RSB 3 3/4"? - 09/27/2015 12:02 PM

I carry a Model 29 in a sourdough pancake holster quite frequently and I have to say that it is more than a little bulky and as such not the most comfortable option.
Posted By: Snyd

Re: Crossdraw holster for Bisley RSB 3 3/4"? - 09/28/2015 8:38 PM

I like the SR pancake for carrying my 4" Redhawk strong side but don't like it crossdraw.

Re: Crossdraw holster for Bisley RSB 3 3/4"? - 10/09/2015 3:59 AM

My Simply Rugged sourdough holster arrived today. A perfect fit for my 3 3/4" Bisley RSB. The gun is quite secure but can be drawn and reholstered without much fuss. It fully covers the gun which is great for hunting and hiking. It rides well in both cross draw and strong side. Its perfect for my needs. Delivered in less than 2 weeks. Thanks Rob. Great job.
Posted By: S.B.

Re: Crossdraw holster for Bisley RSB 3 3/4"? - 10/29/2015 6:37 PM

The Simply Rugged Sourdough pancake model don't seem to be made of as thick of leather as others I own and very stiff when I received it and hard to get belt through the holster,
Steve
Posted By: Sawfish

Re: Crossdraw holster for Bisley RSB 3 3/4"? - 11/07/2015 2:03 AM

I have a number of Simply Rugged holsters. A quality product at a reasonable price.
Posted By: Squatch

Re: Crossdraw holster for Bisley RSB 3 3/4"? - 11/18/2015 10:27 PM

I carry my 5.5" in an EPS Threeperson cross draw. I love it and the strap is nice when doing serious off trail hiking.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums