Handgunhunt

take the plunge

Posted By: reflex264

take the plunge - 12/09/2015 3:10 PM

I know that there are several lurkers here that have already bought a handgun to hunt with and been practicing with it. I also know that some of the same are still afraid to take the plunge and just carry the handgun. If you have practiced enough to make a clean shot with in your comfort zone just go for it. Don't worry about trophy size or if it's a buck or doe. The main thing is break the ice. You have the best cheering section in the world. Just do it!
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: take the plunge - 12/09/2015 3:12 PM

Quote:
Just do it!

Yea, just DOOOOO it!
Posted By: eric75

Re: take the plunge - 12/09/2015 4:36 PM

You got that right! Put the rifle down and hunt with that handgun.
Posted By: Sam86

Re: take the plunge - 12/09/2015 5:30 PM

Next time I got out it's the only gun I'm even bringing with me
Posted By: cottonstalk

Re: take the plunge - 12/09/2015 5:54 PM

reflex that should come with some kind of warning in today's society.

The following events may lead to an expensive fulfilling hobby for which no cure has been found.
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: take the plunge - 12/09/2015 6:17 PM

Originally Posted By: reflex264
"take the plunge and just carry the handgun...."

That is usually the best way.
Posted By: nytracker

Re: take the plunge - 12/09/2015 6:22 PM

Pulled out the poor rifle last week wiped the dust off gave it a. Coat of oil and put it back
Posted By: Scott Gray

Re: take the plunge - 12/30/2015 2:27 AM

My plan is to get a Ruger Bisley Blackhawk Hunter in 44 magnum this spring. I have handloading equipment and supplies. I figure by next deer season I should have an accurate load worked up. Lucky for me my brother in law has acrerage that I can shoot on about 15 miles away. I now hunt with longbows and recurves though I do own a nice Marlin 1894 lever gun. Looking forward to the journey.
Posted By: Scott Gray

Re: take the plunge - 12/30/2015 2:27 AM

My plan is to get a Ruger Bisley Blackhawk Hunter in 44 magnum this spring. I have handloading equipment and supplies. I figure by next deer season I should have an accurate load worked up. Lucky for me my brother in law has acrerage that I can shoot on about 15 miles away. I now hunt with longbows and recurves though I do own a nice Marlin 1894 lever gun. Looking forward to the journey.
Posted By: REDHAWK1954

Re: take the plunge - 12/30/2015 2:31 AM

After shooting my new, to me, contender last Saturday my son has asked if he can take it deer hunting this Thursday. You know I said yes. I hope he draws first blood with it.
Posted By: junebug

Re: take the plunge - 12/30/2015 3:22 AM

You just can't wait to get him on that slippery slope can you?
Well at least keep him off this site or the enablers will help him spend all his money.
He will need at least one of these and one ----------------
Good luck to him this week!!!!!
Posted By: REDHAWK1954

Re: take the plunge - 12/31/2015 10:08 AM

My son came over and got my contender and some ammo last night. He said it was all he is taking this morning. He is going to leave his beloved 25-06 at home. I hope he can nail a good deer with it this morning then he will better understand why I only carried my rifle twice this year and then only because he insisted.
Posted By: cherokeetracker

Re: take the plunge - 12/31/2015 11:41 PM

I do hope that by this gesture, that you will be passing the torch onto the next generation. I hope for the best in his hunt.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums