Handgunhunt

New Scope for CVA OPTIMA V2 muzzle loading pistol

Posted By: REDHAWK1954

New Scope for CVA OPTIMA V2 muzzle loading pistol - 12/12/2015 9:50 AM

This time last year I purchased a CVA OPTIMA V2 muzzle loading pistol with a Traditions 2X scope. I have really enjoyed testing, load development and hunting with this pistol and have been blessed to take three deer with it here in North Carolina this season.

In most hunting situations the 2X scope has worked fine but there have been a few times I wished I had more magnification while hunting open woods. More magnification would also help while sighting in and shooting for groups.

I just ordered a Weaver 2.5-8 power scope for this gun. What does everyone think of this combination?
Posted By: KRal

Re: New Scope for CVA OPTIMA V2 muzzle loading pistol - 12/12/2015 2:05 PM

That 2.5x8 weaver is a nice scope, you'll be happy with it.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: New Scope for CVA OPTIMA V2 muzzle loading pistol - 12/12/2015 3:22 PM

Originally Posted By: KRal
That 2.5x8 weaver is a nice scope, you'll be happy with it.

I agree. It is nicely compact and has a fine reticle. Eye relief is fairly forgiving as well.
Posted By: Brenden

Re: New Scope for CVA OPTIMA V2 muzzle loading pistol - 12/12/2015 4:01 PM

I like mine. It's held up very well on the 338 Federal. It's a great scope for the money.
Posted By: eric75

Re: New Scope for CVA OPTIMA V2 muzzle loading pistol - 12/12/2015 8:10 PM

That scope should work out well for you. It Seems to have good reviews. You will like having the increased magnification.
Posted By: junebug

Re: New Scope for CVA OPTIMA V2 muzzle loading pistol - 12/13/2015 5:59 AM

I have one on my striker in .308. A bit picky on eye position above 6 power but a fine scope.
Posted By: Ramjet-SS

Re: New Scope for CVA OPTIMA V2 muzzle loading pistol - 12/13/2015 5:30 PM

good value

Re: New Scope for CVA OPTIMA V2 muzzle loading pistol - 12/31/2015 10:17 AM

I got my new scope Christmas and I have mounted it on my CVA muzzle loading pistol. Our deer season ends tomorrow. After that I intend to sight it in asap and start practicing for next deer season.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: New Scope for CVA OPTIMA V2 muzzle loading pistol - 12/31/2015 2:36 PM

Originally Posted By: REDHAWK1954
I got my new scope Christmas and I have mounted it on my CVA muzzle loading pistol. Our deer season ends tomorrow. After that I intend to sight it in asap and start practicing for next deer season.

I pity the deer, after the season you just had ;-)
Posted By: dave thomas

Re: New Scope for CVA OPTIMA V2 muzzle loading pistol - 12/31/2015 3:12 PM

you are really going to like that combo, mine has a 2-6 and is great for longer shots and more open areas. looks like you have had a great season with cva. I am borrowing mine to a local game warden to try his hand at late muzzleloader season with a handgun and he is really excited. thanks for taking us on your journey.

Re: New Scope for CVA OPTIMA V2 muzzle loading pistol - 12/31/2015 3:35 PM

I hope my journey with the cva is really just starting. I hope next season I will be able to shoot good groups at 100 yards. That will really give me more places to hunt with it.
Posted By: Bob Roach

Re: New Scope for CVA OPTIMA V2 muzzle loading pistol - 01/01/2016 8:14 AM

I cannot imagine one not working well. They are Accurate, Hit Hard, have 100% Ignition with 209 primers. They reload fairly fast using pellets and a saboted bullet. They come set up for a scope or RedDot. They come apart to clean easily. They open easily, they can be recocked after letting the hammer down.
I see one in my future. I like them.

Bob R
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums