Handgunhunt

max prasac book

Posted By: tradmark

max prasac book - 12/13/2016 2:55 PM

just got whitworth's book. very very well done. very hunt focused. great photos. definitely a great book. read it all last night. i recommend picking one up.
Posted By: REDHAWK1954

Re: max prasac book - 12/13/2016 3:22 PM

I ordered mine a few days ago and can not wait to get it.
Posted By: TM

Re: max prasac book - 12/13/2016 5:44 PM

Ordered mine from Amazon yesterday, won't be shipped until at the earliest January 6th. My late Christmas present to myself.
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: max prasac book - 12/13/2016 11:13 PM

looking at my handgun hunting library I find 7 books dedicated to the sport of handgun hunting...... Whit`s new book makes eight.... You single shot guys will have to wait for him to cover your guns but for those of you who use revolvers for the sport, you will find in "Hunting Revolvers" a new and updated text that covers everything when hunting with revolvers...No matter how expensive a handgun you carry in the field, its the bullet that does the job of killing and the tests and comparison`s will make the question of "which bullet do I use??" a little easier to answer....A welcomed edition to any handgunners library......
Posted By: Boot

Re: max prasac book - 12/14/2016 2:06 AM

I just finished "Big Bore Revolvers", and thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to the new one. I doubt I'll abandon my workhorse 44, but I absolutely blame Whitworth for my adding a 480 Ruger to the safe after Christmas.
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: max prasac book - 12/14/2016 12:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Boot
I just finished "Big Bore Revolvers", and thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to the new one. I doubt I'll abandon my workhorse 44, but I absolutely blame Whitworth for my adding a 480 Ruger to the safe after Christmas.

Haha! I'll fully accept responsibility!

Thanks James!

Here's the cover art......

Re: max prasac book - 12/14/2016 2:24 PM

Your next book needs to be on long range or single shot pistols.

Re: max prasac book - 12/14/2016 3:07 PM

Originally Posted By: REDHAWK1954
Your next book needs to be on long range or single shot pistols.

That ain't gonna happen. For me, handgun hunting is an up-close and personal sixgun affair. Just my personal preference. There are other, more qualified people than me in that realm like Mark Hampton, who can cater better to the specialty pistol crowd. But I appreciate the suggestion!
Posted By: rob-c

Re: max prasac book - 12/15/2016 11:44 AM

Pre ordered mine on Amazon yesterday, any idea when Amazon will have it to ship Max?

Re: max prasac book - 12/15/2016 11:53 AM

Originally Posted By: rob-c
Pre ordered mine on Amazon yesterday, any idea when Amazon will have it to ship Max?

Thanks! I would imagine soon. Gun Digest has them in stock and I know a number of folks who have gotten them already.
Posted By: dhom

Re: max prasac book - 12/15/2016 12:12 PM

It took 6 days to get mine. Great book Max!!! Oh, I liked that reason, for the two custom six guns to be built. My wife would not have believed me.

Re: max prasac book - 12/15/2016 1:56 PM

Originally Posted By: dhom
It took 6 days to get mine. Great book Max!!! Oh, I liked that reason, for the two custom six guns to be built. My wife would not have believed me.

Thank you!

Haha! A man has to get creative every now and again!
Posted By: Midwesthunter11

Re: max prasac book - 12/20/2016 3:07 AM

I loved Big "Bore revolvers" and cant wait till i get the new book !
Posted By: jaydub in wi

Re: max prasac book - 12/21/2016 7:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Whitworth

Thanks! I would imagine soon. Gun Digest has them in stock and I know a number of folks who have gotten them already.

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered one
Posted By: Darrell H

Re: max prasac book - 12/21/2016 9:23 PM

Originally Posted By: jaydub in wi
 Originally Posted By: Whitworth

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered one

X2

I just ordered one as well.

Gun Digest Book of Hunting Revolvers
Posted By: Okie Hunter

Re: max prasac book - 12/22/2016 3:20 AM

My wife has one on order also. Gonna be a late Christmas present for me.
Posted By: ruger4570

Re: max prasac book - 12/22/2016 4:11 AM

Mine arrived at house today. But unfortunately I left yesterday for 2 weeks. Oh well something to look forward to.

Re: max prasac book - 12/22/2016 9:55 AM

Mine came in four days ago but my wife wrapped it and will not let me open it until Christmas.

Re: max prasac book - 12/23/2016 2:37 PM

I ordered mine from Amazon about a week ago, it was scheduled to ship on Jan. 6th, it showed up 2 days ago.
Posted By: magman

Re: max prasac book - 12/23/2016 4:54 PM

Mine was shipped yezterday from amazon.
Posted By: Okie Hunter

Re: max prasac book - 12/28/2016 4:48 AM

I got mine in today. Congrats to Whit and to all the guys mentioned. It is an honor to be able to say I know all of you.

Re: max prasac book - 12/28/2016 10:14 AM

I got my book for Christmas. It will be another book I will read over and over again. Thanks Max!!!!

Re: max prasac book - 12/28/2016 12:27 PM

Thanks a bunch, guys! Appreciate the kind words!
Posted By: Hawkeye

Re: max prasac book - 12/28/2016 4:56 PM

Ordered my book on Amazon last week. It is in the mail right now , should be here tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up on this book.
Can't wait to read and wear out the pages checking out the photos.
Mike
Posted By: ratgunner

Re: max prasac book - 12/28/2016 7:22 PM

Ordered mine. Should be here in time for my birthday
Posted By: jaydub in wi

Re: max prasac book - 12/28/2016 11:08 PM

Got mine in yesterday. Been reading it a bit. Nice job, Max. Hopefully this book doesn't drain my bank account the way your other book did.
\:\)
Posted By: rob-c

Re: max prasac book - 12/29/2016 12:01 AM

waited for my amazon gift cards for Christmas and now I am waiting because amazon is sold out..
Posted By: Seminole Wind

Re: max prasac book - 12/29/2016 12:55 AM

Our deer season ends next week. I plan to decompress with this book.

Re: max prasac book - 12/29/2016 1:01 AM

Ours does too and likewise for me.
Posted By: bowmag

Re: max prasac book - 12/29/2016 3:12 AM

Got my copy today. What little I've had time to read is great. Makes me want to dust off the hand cannon and go look for a hog.
Max, it's really nice to read something with complete sentences and good grammar. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

Re: max prasac book - 12/29/2016 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By: bowmag
Got my copy today. What little I've had time to read is great. Makes me want to dust off the hand cannon and go look for a hog.
Max, it's really nice to read something with complete sentences and good grammar. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

What he said.

Re: max prasac book - 12/29/2016 11:36 AM

Originally Posted By: bowmag

Haha! Thank you for saying that! Much appreciated!

Thanks guys!
Posted By: ratgunner

Re: max prasac book - 12/31/2016 3:23 PM

Got mine today. Great pictures and looks like interesting reading

Re: max prasac book - 01/03/2017 4:47 PM

I am having a hard time with the new book, just too similar to the other book, Big Bore Revolvers. A LOT of the SAME articles and photos. Just my opinion but if you are going to write another book at least write ANOTHER book. I can't read thru a complete chapter without seeing an article or picture from the first book.

Re: max prasac book - 01/03/2017 6:13 PM

Originally Posted By: TM
I am having a hard time with the new book, just too similar to the other book, Big Bore Revolvers. A LOT of the SAME articles and photos. Just my opinion but if you are going to write another book at least write ANOTHER book. I can't read thru a complete chapter without seeing an article or picture from the first book.

I did reuse some material as it was actually more applicable to this book than Big-Bore Revolvers. Frankly, if someone interested in handgun hunting who has not read Big-Bore Revolvers, this book should catch them up and offer a complete and comprehensive look at the topic. That said, there is lots of new material. This book was designed to stand on its own without forcing someone to refer to my first book. I made a conscientious effort to include all that was germane to handgun hunting.

This is the book I wanted Big-Bore Revolvers to be without the publishers' constraints, limiting me from more hunting references. However, I beg to differ as there is a LOT of new material there. Of course there are similarities as I'm the same guy doing the writing. Should I rewrite my work on terminal ballistics if I have already researched the topic and tested it thoroughly? I don't think so and quite frankly I don't know anyone in the business who would or does. It was repeated because it is germane to the topic at hand.

Sorry you're not happy with it, but I knew it would draw criticism from some. I personally think it's my best work.

Re: max prasac book - 01/03/2017 6:36 PM

but..........there was new stuff in the same articles. seems to me someone didn't read real thoroughly. there's some of the same pics and hunts but last i checked when dealing with the topic you will likely have some of the same hunts to some degree since there's just not enough of us out there hunting large and/or dangerous game to get after. seems to me we have a plethora of people shooting small game and does and squirrels and whatnot arguing what is best on dangerous game. it's present on every forum. i for one, love sitting down with a book about big bore revolvers and reading and reliving people's hunts and seeing their fine pistols when i can't hunt. last i checked not alot of people were even writing books on the subject and so if ya want more, support those that do and quit bitching.

seems to me even capstick revisited stories throughout his books. they're the best books written on the subject. i wouldn't say max reused anything, he revisited the subjects i.e. the 44 vs 45 colt and had new independent penetration tests and i, for one, applaud him for publishing the results despite being different than what was argued before. that's what a true researcher does. want new pics in a book, go freakin shoot something worth being in a book and submit your photos. till then quit whining.
Posted By: Craig44

Re: max prasac book - 01/03/2017 7:01 PM

I don't agree with this assessment at all. There's a ton of new material and a crapload of new pics.

I agree with Mark's post above.

Re: max prasac book - 01/03/2017 7:48 PM

Originally Posted By: tradmark
but..........there was new stuff in the same articles. seems to me someone didn't read real thoroughly. there's some of the same pics and hunts but last i checked when dealing with the topic you will likely have some of the same hunts to some degree since there's just not enough of us out there hunting large and/or dangerous game to get after. seems to me we have a plethora of people shooting small game and does and squirrels and whatnot arguing what is best on dangerous game. it's present on every forum. i for one, love sitting down with a book about big bore revolvers and reading and reliving people's hunts and seeing their fine pistols when i can't hunt. last i checked not alot of people were even writing books on the subject and so if ya want more, support those that do and quit bitching.

seems to me even capstick revisited stories throughout his books. they're the best books written on the subject. i wouldn't say max reused anything, he revisited the subjects i.e. the 44 vs 45 colt and had new independent penetration tests and i, for one, applaud him for publishing the results despite being different than what was argued before. that's what a true researcher does. want new pics in a book, go freakin shoot something worth being in a book and submit your photos. till then quit whining.

I simply stated my opinion, being how this is a PUBLIC FORUM I was free to do so. Sorry a few of you got your panties in a wad.
I didn't say it was not a good book, only that some of the reused material was somewhat disappointing, to me anyway.
Posted By: Mark Hampton

Re: max prasac book - 01/03/2017 8:08 PM

Writing a book -- most any book, is a monumental task. I applaud/admire/respect anyone who has tackled this challenging endeavor. I've written two books and I know firsthand how much work is involved. Writing a book is one thing -- finding a publisher is another. Currently I have enough material to fill another book. Finding a publisher who wants to take a chance on publishing a handgun hunting book is not easy. This is a very small market and most publishers want to sell a pile of copies. Gun specific subject matter sells better (such as Taffin's for example) and enjoy a larger audience compared to a niche market for handgun hunting exclusively.

Re: max prasac book - 01/03/2017 8:25 PM

It is a monumental task, particularly if you have other endeavors that need your attention besides writing a book. Mark is correct that it is a small niche that doesn't get enough attention but I know that a few of us, like Mark Hampton for example, that continue to push our handgun hunting agenda in print.

Keep in mind that in my opinion this book had to stand alone, as it was never intended to be a Part 2 of another book, therefore, where it was applicable, I reused material. That said, there are more than 200 new photos and thousands of words of new edit.

Re: max prasac book - 01/03/2017 8:31 PM

I simply stated my opinion, being how this is a PUBLIC FORUM I was free to do so. Sorry a few of you got your panties in a wad.
I didn't say it was not a good book, only that some of the reused material was somewhat disappointing, to me anyway.

yeah, my panties aren't in a wad. i'm just stating my opinion of your opinion on a public forum where keyboard warriors battle. i think it was childish and whiny to comment negatively on a book that took hours upon hours and it just gets me a bit riled when someone posts a creation of theirs be it a gun/holster/book and someone gets negative. you don't like it, fine, but remember what yo mama taught ya. if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. i've seen books/videos etc i didn't like everything in them but i keep my comments and critiques to myself. you should do the same.

Re: max prasac book - 01/03/2017 9:51 PM

yeah, my panties aren't in a wad. i'm just stating my opinion of your opinion on a public forum where keyboard warriors battle. i think it was childish and whiny to comment negatively on a book that took hours upon hours and it just gets me a bit riled when someone posts a creation of theirs be it a gun/holster/book and someone gets negative. you don't like it, fine, but remember what yo mama taught ya. if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. i've seen books/videos etc i didn't like everything in them but i keep my comments and critiques to myself. you should do the same.

And where do you see anything in my post that is negative?? There's nothing negative here, only an opinion. Now admit it, your panties ARE in a wad.

Re: max prasac book - 01/03/2017 10:25 PM

no my long johns are, i don't wear panties but i guess we transfer to others that which is familiar to us at home sometimes.
yes you said something negative, it was a negative opinion! which is ok, but i guess you should contribute in some way to this sporting endeavor if you're gonna complain. from what i've seen you haven't. nuff said, just my opinion.

Re: max prasac book - 01/03/2017 11:04 PM

no my long johns are, i don't wear panties but i guess we transfer to others that which is familiar to us at home sometimes.
yes you said something negative, it was a negative opinion! which is ok, but i guess you should contribute in some way to this sporting endeavor if you're gonna complain. from what i've seen you haven't. nuff said, just my opinion.

I expressed an opinion just like you did, nothing negative. Even if it were negative if someone can't take negative opinions the internet is not the place to post anything you don't want commented on. I never said anything negative about Max' book, even he admits there is some overlapping coverage. Now it's time for you take your ball and go home.

Re: max prasac book - 01/03/2017 11:55 PM

nope, mine was just an opinion, why is it bothering you so bad that i didn't like your opinion. i can take a negative opinion, i also can respond to one as well. why is that such an issue for you since opinions are a free for all since it's the internet.
Posted By: racksmasher1

Re: max prasac book - 01/04/2017 12:31 AM

I got my copy last Friday,and i would like to make a couple of comments,the layout of this book is awesome, there is some re-hash, no big deal at all, I thought the pictures were very good,A good compilation of our sport, as far as I know there"s only 2/3 guys putting our handgun stuff out there, Whit is one of them, I have all 3 books , I thought this was the best one!

Re: max prasac book - 01/04/2017 1:55 AM

I finally will get home tomorrow where mine has been waiting for me for the past 2 weeks. Can't wait to dive into it.

Re: max prasac book - 01/04/2017 3:25 AM

I never said anything negative about Max' book, even he admits there is some overlapping coverage. Now it's time for you take your ball and go home.

LOL, "admit" makes it sound like I have something to be guilty about! I told the readership in the introduction chapter that I was repeating some pertinent edit.

Gentlemen, thank you for the kind words, they're much appreciated. As Mark Hampton earlier stated, writing a book is a daunting task, that drains a lot out of you. However hard we try to please everyone, it's not realistic. Hope you enjoy.
Posted By: Boot

Re: max prasac book - 01/04/2017 11:01 AM

Pertaining to "repetitive content", speaking for myself only, I have read many books that I considered to be well above average more than a single read. Some fiction, some history, some sci-fi, and some non fiction including Max's Big Bore Revolvers, and the History of Ruger Revolvers. Reading a book more than once is surely repetitive, and speaks to the quality of the book. I suspect I am not the only one that has read some books more than once, and only books that are enjoyed the first time get more time. I'm looking forward to reading the new book when it arrives, and I may even read it twice, even if it does contain some of the same pictures and a few words I've alreardy read twice. Whitworth, thanks for taking the time to collect and log your own experiences into written form. I struggle myself to write up a good short story to post here about a deer I killed. I can only imagine the time/effort that goes into a full book.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: max prasac book - 01/04/2017 3:34 PM

IMO it would be next to impossible to write one book about big bore revolvers and yet another about hunting revolvers without sharing some content. The two topics are closely related. I applaud the effort, Max.
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: max prasac book - 01/04/2017 4:47 PM

Originally Posted By: s4s4u
IMO it would be next to impossible to write one book about big bore revolvers and yet another about hunting revolvers without sharing some content. The two topics are closely related. I applaud the effort, Max.

X2

Re: max prasac book - 01/07/2017 12:06 AM

Originally Posted By: s4s4u

nicely said Rod...........

Re: max prasac book - 01/07/2017 6:37 PM

I don't look at books like those written by Max, John Taffin, and others as simply a book like a novel. To me they are reference libraries to be read and studied many times. If I knew everything they know I wouldn't need to read anymore. I still look back to Gary's first two printed "magazines". They are very well done as are Max's books. Thank you gentlemen.

Re: max prasac book - 01/07/2017 7:51 PM

[quote=bowmag]I don't look at books like those written by Max, John Taffin, and others as simply a book like a novel. To me they are reference libraries to be read and studied many times. If I knew everything they know I wouldn't need to read anymore. I still look back to Gary's first two printed "magazines". They are very well done as are Max's books. Thank you gentlemen. [ /quote]

What he said!!!!,
Posted By: cessna

Re: max prasac book - 08/19/2017 4:09 AM

I just finished reading Max's new book on Hunting Revolvers. I've been using the same .44 SB for years and wanting to get into a hunting handgun more modern. It definitely gave me a lot to think about. It will become a reference book for me I'm sure. One thing I found interesting in the book was in the chapter with the more famous handgun hunters in the rear of the book. It seemed as though they all used the 454. Not all but most. I also had not thought about the dot-sight. That really got me thinking. My eyes are not what they used to be. Anyway thanks for writing it. It really helped me go in the right direction.

Re: max prasac book - 08/19/2017 12:45 PM

Originally Posted By: cessna
I just finished reading Max's new book on Hunting Revolvers. I've been using the same .44 SB for years and wanting to get into a hunting handgun more modern. It definitely gave me a lot to think about. It will become a reference book for me I'm sure. One thing I found interesting in the book was in the chapter with the more famous handgun hunters in the rear of the book. It seemed as though they all used the 454. Not all but most. I also had not thought about the dot-sight. That really got me thinking. My eyes are not what they used to be. Anyway thanks for writing it. It really helped me go in the right direction.

Cessna, thank you for the kind words. Posts like yours make the overwhelming labor well with the effort. Thank you!

Red dots are a great alternative to open iron sites as they don't magnify. While relatively long shots can be taken with a red dot, I personally like the up close and personal aspect of handgun hunting and the red dot helps particularly as the eyes get older. Plus, they are great in low light!

Re: max prasac book - 08/19/2017 3:08 PM

Whitworth, I totally agree with the up close and personal
aspect of hunting. I've a gun cabinet full of scoped rifles, but have found myself hunting with my lever-actions more. I've only hunted deer and javalina and a few bears with the .44. And a mountain lion or two. I would like to hunt some African game and also some eastern deer. Thus the reason for a more modern handgun. I think it also boils down to just wanting a new revolver with a few modern twists. Anyway I really enjoyed the book, thanks for taking the time to write it. I don't know which way I'm going yet. More than likely a single-action with the red dot. I'll have to think about the caliber a bit. I have a lever-action rifle in 45LC and really enjoy it. I'd never considered it as a handgun cartridge until I read your book. I think I'd like the 454 just to have a big-bore. I will probably read the book again to help me.
Posted By: sixshot

Re: max prasac book - 08/19/2017 5:25 PM

No matter how many of these books you read I can assure you, you will always learn something, all of us do, no matter how much experience you have.
Eastern hunting is different than western hunting, African hunting is different than hunting safari style in Texas, the 44 magnum you refer to as old & not very modern compared to some of the newer hot rods, it all gets explained in these books by authors who have tried, failed & then succeeded over many years by getting out in the game fields & finding out what works. There's no easy way to get there.
Handgun hunting demands patience, practice, failure, more practice, experimenting, more practice, swapping ideas, more practice....you get the idea.
No one was born a successful handgun hunter, you earn you way into it. If optics are a necessity that red dot could be the answer, I've tried them twice & they weren't for me but I'm going to try one a third time because both previous times when they cost me a muley buck it was really the situation, not the dot sight that caused the problem. Most times I carry 2 sixguns, one sicking out of the top of my backpack, the second in a good (Barranti) shoulder or belt rig.
Read, re-reading & then practicing what you read in these books speeds up the learning curve & saves you much time & money from guys with years of experience.
Don't be offended to hunt high fence property, you have to gain experience somehow. Hunting one week a year for one deer is a hard way to learn. Get some experience under your belt & then move up the food chain. Some of us can hunt every day, others have to drive 2 hours just to find a tin can to tumble.
If you truly want to be a sixgunner study what you read, don't over gun, you can slow down a big gun!! And then get out there, don't talk about it, do it!!!!! I've always found there are 2 kinds of sixgunners, those that can & those that talk about it, which are you, challenge yourself.

Dick

Re: max prasac book - 08/19/2017 6:36 PM

Thanks sixshot, that's good advise. I remember in about 1963 when I shot my first game animal with a 44. It was looked on as some sort of stunt. Things have changed greatly in the years following. I really do want to try the red dot sighting system. It will be totally new for me. As I am a get as close as you can type hunter it just might work out fine for me. I remember my first trip to Africa in the late 60's. It was completely different than what I was used to. But reading about it today, it's totally different now than in the 60's. I tend to keep things forever that work for me. In reading books like Max's it makes me want to try something different.
Posted By: 45MAN

Re: max prasac book - 08/19/2017 7:05 PM

NEVER HEARD OF THIS BOOK UNTIL NOW, JUST BOUGHT 1 ON EBAY, LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING AND READING IT.

Re: max prasac book - 08/19/2017 7:56 PM

Originally Posted By: sixshot
Hunting one week a year for one deer is a hard way to learn.

Dick

This is the reason I went to a fenced outfit (way back when) to take my first boar.... It sucked waiting one year just to make one shot....

Re: max prasac book - 08/20/2017 12:17 AM

45MAN, it really opened up some new things for me. I'd been hunting with the same old 44 for years and really found out how much it had changed. It's put a new excitement back into it for me. I tend to listen to someone whom I feel writes from experience. Max's writing seems to be from someone who has been there and done that. His conclusions make sense to me, and he makes his case for the various calibers well. I think you will enjoy the book like I did.
Posted By: racksmasher1

Re: max prasac book - 08/20/2017 1:05 AM

No matter how many of these books you read I can assure you, you will always learn something, all of us do, no matter how much experience you have.
Eastern hunting is different than western hunting, African hunting is different than hunting safari style in Texas, the 44 magnum you refer to as old & not very modern compared to some of the newer hot rods, it all gets explained in these books by authors who have tried, failed & then succeeded over many years by getting out in the game fields & finding out what works. There's no easy way to get there.
Handgun hunting demands patience, practice, failure, more practice, experimenting, more practice, swapping ideas, more practice....you get the idea.
No one was born a successful handgun hunter, you earn you way into it. If optics are a necessity that red dot could be the answer, I've tried them twice & they weren't for me but I'm going to try one a third time because both previous times when they cost me a muley buck it was really the situation, not the dot sight that caused the problem. Most times I carry 2 sixguns, one sicking out of the top of my backpack, the second in a good (Barranti) shoulder or belt rig.
Read, re-reading & then practicing what you read in these books speeds up the learning curve & saves you much time & money from guys with years of experience.
Don't be offended to hunt high fence property, you have to gain experience somehow. Hunting one week a year for one deer is a hard way to learn. Get some experience under your belt & then move up the food chain. Some of us can hunt every day, others have to drive 2 hours just to find a tin can to tumble.
If you truly want to be a sixgunner study what you read, don't over gun, you can slow down a big gun!! And then get out there, don't talk about it, do it!!!!! I've always found there are 2 kinds of sixgunners, those that can & those that talk about it, which are you, challenge yourself.

Dick
TRUTH!

Re: max prasac book - 08/20/2017 1:10 AM

Originally Posted By: jamesfromjersey
Hunting one week a year for one deer is a hard way to learn.

Dick

This is the reason I went to a fenced outfit (way back when) to take my first boar.... It sucked waiting one year just to make one shot....

I use them for testing purposes. Nothing more credible than putting bullet to flesh IMHO.

Re: max prasac book - 08/20/2017 4:25 AM

Yeah but its alot like africa. Very much so. Great practice and highly applicable. Ive been charged more in texas than africa!
Posted By: cmnash

Re: max prasac book - 08/20/2017 8:12 PM

And then get out there, don't talk about it, do it!!!!! I've always found there are 2 kinds of sixgunners, those that can & those that talk about it, which are you, challenge yourself.

Dick

TRUTH! Killing stuff with a sixgun is not an everyman skill.
Posted By: doc with a glock

Re: max prasac book - 08/20/2017 11:43 PM

Max,

Just finished RE-reading Hunting Revolvers (third time through). Believe it or not; but the text and photos were exactly the same as the first time I read it. However, every time I read and re-read a book, I find new information or a new way to consider the information presented. A most informative and enjoyable read, no matter how many times I read your book(s).
Excellent job, as usual! Keep up the work!

Doc
Posted By: junebug

Re: max prasac book - 08/21/2017 12:31 AM

Good books should be savored ,read and re read. As Doc said something new pops up every time you re read a good book.

Re: max prasac book - 08/21/2017 12:49 PM

Originally Posted By: doc with a glock
Max,

Just finished RE-reading Hunting Revolvers (third time through). Believe it or not; but the text and photos were exactly the same as the first time I read it. However, every time I read and re-read a book, I find new information or a new way to consider the information presented. A most informative and enjoyable read, no matter how many times I read your book(s).

Doc

Thanks a bunch, Doc! I appreciate it!

Re: max prasac book - 08/21/2017 1:37 PM

Originally Posted By: doc with a glock
Max,

Doc

This is so true. Maybe since reading a book you have acquired a new gun, tried a different load/bullet, have started hunting a different game or in a different method, etc. When reading the book again you may read something that you just scanned before since it didn't seem to affect you then. Now it clicks....
Posted By: bamabow

Re: max prasac book - 08/22/2017 12:13 AM

Just finished it this weekend while on vacation. Great Book.
Thanks Max

Bamabow

Re: max prasac book - 08/22/2017 1:07 PM

Originally Posted By: bamabow
Just finished it this weekend while on vacation. Great Book.
Thanks Max

Bamabow

Thank you, sir!

Re: max prasac book - 08/23/2017 1:00 AM

When u consider layout, photos, information, and writing style i consider it the finest book of its type!

Re: max prasac book - 08/23/2017 1:19 AM

When u consider layout, photos, information, and writing style i consider it the finest book of its type!

That's an enormous compliment, thank you!
Posted By: reflex264

Re: max prasac book - 08/23/2017 1:10 PM

I haven't finished it but so far so good. Very enjoyable. May finish it this weekend. Beautiful layout and photos!
Posted By: Craig44

Re: max prasac book - 08/23/2017 3:52 PM

IMHO, it is the finest book on handgun hunting extant. I remember how instantly impressed I was the first time I cracked it open. I'm probably biased but it is exceedingly well done!
Posted By: bamabow

Re: max prasac book - 08/24/2017 9:23 PM

Just got my American Hunter yesterday and saw where You (Max) had an article in it about handguns. Haven't read it yet, but congrats.

Bamabow

Re: max prasac book - 08/24/2017 11:01 PM

The American Hunter article is a good one. Lots of good info. Well done, Max.

Re: max prasac book - 08/25/2017 4:27 PM

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!
Posted By: Newt

Re: max prasac book - 08/26/2017 10:59 AM

I very recently finished both Big Bore Revolvers and Hunting Revolvers. I think they are both magnificent and will be referring to them often. As a matter of fact, based on Max's writing, I decided to add a SRH in .480 Ruger to my collection of handguns. I bought from a member and can't wait to get it in my hands. I will now have a SBH Hunter in .44 Mag and a .480.
Posted By: billa

Re: max prasac book - 12/28/2017 5:26 PM

Max, I received your book Hunting Revolvers as a Christmas gift from my wife. I have only thumbed through it and read the first 10 pages but it looks and reads great so far. Congratulations on such a quality piece. I am sure much hard work went into it. I am sure I will enjoy it. Thanks

Re: max prasac book - 12/28/2017 5:36 PM

Originally Posted By: billa
Max, I received your book Hunting Revolvers as a Christmas gift from my wife. I have only thumbed through it and read the first 10 pages but it looks and reads great so far. Congratulations on such a quality piece. I am sure much hard work went into it. I am sure I will enjoy it. Thanks

Thank you very much! It's nice getting positive feedback and much appreciated! Enjoy!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums