Handgunhunt

SCORING FOR SCI

Posted By: Gregg Richter

SCORING FOR SCI - 01/07/2017 8:18 PM

Master SCI Scorers Tammy and Brenton of the Denver area score six of our handgun trophies for Safari Club International.

Now lest I receive some wayward thoughts regarding the hunting of an animal for its trophy quality as well as for the meat, please allow me to nip this one in the bud.

Simply stated, supporting SCI is extremely important because Safari Club International does for Hunter's Rights what the National Rifle Association does for Gun Owner's Rights. Chances are that if it were not for SCI, you would not be hunting with the choices and freedoms that you enjoy today.

Posted By: Mark Hampton

Re: SCORING FOR SCI - 01/07/2017 9:29 PM

Well done Gregg! Tell Tammy and Brenton hello for me. Cheers
Posted By: Boartuff

Re: SCORING FOR SCI - 01/08/2017 1:32 AM

Very nice! Congrats on your fine animals.
Posted By: GlennS

Re: SCORING FOR SCI - 01/08/2017 3:06 AM

Time well spent. Good looking sets of critters Gregg. Congrats.

Re: SCORING FOR SCI - 01/08/2017 3:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Mark Hampton
Well done Gregg! Tell Tammy and Brenton hello for me. Cheers

Will do Mark. They spoke highly of you! Kind of a small world sometimes!

Thank you Glenn and Boartuff!!

Gregg
Posted By: bowmag

Re: SCORING FOR SCI - 01/08/2017 4:18 AM

Very nice elk and antelope.
Congratulations

Re: SCORING FOR SCI - 01/08/2017 6:58 AM

Thanks bowmag!

Re: SCORING FOR SCI - 01/09/2017 6:47 AM

Found my 2014 Muley Buck in the barn that I haven't had scored yet so I am going to pay a visit to Tammy and Brenton this week!

\:D

Re: SCORING FOR SCI - 01/09/2017 1:03 PM

Nice muley! Did SCI finally recognize handgun awards in a separate field as was talked about a few years ago?

Re: SCORING FOR SCI - 01/09/2017 2:32 PM

BT, Not sure what you mean by separate field?? SCI recognizes method of take -- rifle, handgun, muzzle-loader, archery, ect.

Re: SCORING FOR SCI - 01/09/2017 4:20 PM

I see, Mark. Seems as though there was a specific discussion about handguns a few years ago. Maybe publishing a handgun only record book? My mind is drawing a blank.

Re: SCORING FOR SCI - 01/09/2017 5:34 PM

BT, My mind is a bit fuzzy as well. Seems I do recall a push for a separate handgun record book. I don't think it had enough entries to be practical or cost-effective.
Posted By: PythonHunter

Re: SCORING FOR SCI - 01/10/2017 2:09 PM

Good stuff right there Gregg. I'm addicted to mule deer chasing (I can't shoot a big one for some reason, so I can't call it hunting) and your 2014 buck would be on my wall, probably not in the barn. Good stuff right there.

Re: SCORING FOR SCI - 01/10/2017 6:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Hampton
BT, My mind is a bit fuzzy as well. Seems I do recall a push for a separate handgun record book. I don't think it had enough entries to be practical or cost-effective.

Correct.

Mark and I were invited guests to the Safari Club International Convention in 2012 that was held in Las Vegas to represent Handgun Hunters and to promote the publishing of a Handgun Only Record Book. As Mark stated, SCI did not get enough handgun entries to make it work, even though Mark entered over 100 of his personal trophies for the book.

Boartuff, I posted here encouraging everybody to enter their handgun trophies; that is what you probably remember.

Re: SCORING FOR SCI - 01/10/2017 6:41 PM

Originally Posted By: PythonHunter
Good stuff right there Gregg. I'm addicted to mule deer chasing (I can't shoot a big one for some reason, so I can't call it hunting) and your 2014 buck would be on my wall, probably not in the barn. Good stuff right there.

Thank you, sir.
Posted By: reflex264

Re: SCORING FOR SCI - 01/11/2017 12:05 AM

Very nice!

Re: SCORING FOR SCI - 01/11/2017 3:06 AM

Thanks for clearing that up, Gregg. You are exactly right. Glad to know I'm a little bit sane yet.

Re: SCORING FOR SCI - 01/11/2017 6:55 AM

I wonder the same thing about myself, BT!

;\)

© 2024 Handgunhunt forums