Handgunhunt

PigmanTV

Posted By: briarhopper

PigmanTV - 02/09/2017 6:15 AM

I saw a video on Youtube today made by some fella in Texas who calls himself "Pig Man". The videos were actually of better quality than a lot that you find on there. The video I saw has him shooting a hog with a BFR in .450 Marlin. It was a nice rig, with white micarta grips and scope carried in a Bandido rig. It was the first practical application I've seen of the setup in the field, in person or on video. You could see in the video where he hit the hog, a 350 pounder, with that .450 Marlin. The hog ran off. It eventually died, they found it the next morning, but I couldn't believe it had run off in the first place. Them hogs must be tough!

Re: PigmanTV - 02/09/2017 6:17 AM

Here is the link

https://youtu.be/NzJ4iGhbwtQ

I guess that will work, I don't know any other way to do it.
Posted By: cherokeetracker

Re: PigmanTV - 02/09/2017 12:43 PM

Hogs are not that tuff... They like everything else needs to have correct shot placement.
But as we all know too, that every animal acts and reacts differently.

Charles
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: PigmanTV - 02/09/2017 12:47 PM

Don't get me started on the Pigman......
Posted By: FA834ME

Re: PigmanTV - 02/10/2017 1:42 AM

If Bull@#$% was music this guy would be a symphony orchestra!

Re: PigmanTV - 02/10/2017 7:52 AM

I only watched the one video, because of the BFR. I don't know anything else about him or his setup there in Texas. He did seem to be laying on the "good-ol'-boy" dumb redneck schtick pretty thick.

I still like his weapon though.
\:\)
Posted By: FA834ME

Re: PigmanTV - 02/10/2017 12:34 PM

I have a friend with a BFR and can attest to the fact that they are quality piece. He has 45/70 and 450 Marlin cylinders for it.
In my opinion the 450 Marlin was abusive. The gun is very accurate. . . Someone mentioned BFR is second in line to FA 83.
They are also half the price. A bargin for sure.

Re: PigmanTV - 02/10/2017 1:51 PM

Originally Posted By: briarhopper
I only watched the one video, because of the BFR. I don't know anything else about him or his setup there in Texas. He did seem to be laying on the "good-ol'-boy" dumb redneck schtick pretty thick.

I still like his weapon though.
\:\)

His schtick is being himself.....seriously.
Posted By: Bill from Oregon

Re: PigmanTV - 02/10/2017 3:53 PM

I have never watched, assuming this guy is in the same class as Razor Dobbs.

Re: PigmanTV - 02/10/2017 4:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Bill from Oregon

Not even close. The Pigman is, well, the Pigman.
Posted By: jwp475

Re: PigmanTV - 02/10/2017 9:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Whitworth
 Originally Posted By: Bill from Oregon

Not even close. The Pigman is, well, the Pigman.

Is he a rooter?
Posted By: abner

Re: PigmanTV - 02/11/2017 4:00 PM

I generally don't post negative opinions, but this guy is a bozo. All I can picture is some non hunter turning on their TV to see what this hunting is all about and seeing this guy. Not the way I want to be portrayed. How he ever got a TV show, I'll never know.

Re: PigmanTV - 02/11/2017 5:51 PM

Originally Posted By: abner
I generally don't post negative opinions, but this guy is a bozo. All I can picture is some non hunter turning on their TV to see what this hunting is all about and seeing this guy. Not the way I want to be portrayed. How he ever got a TV show, I'll never know.

I agree completely.
Posted By: NHSHTR

Re: PigmanTV - 02/12/2017 1:23 PM

I'd like to have handgun shooting like that all year around. But I know the damage those things can do, so I'll settle for what I have. I looked into a few boar hunts in the mid-south and it isn't cheap to help them get rid of those things!
Posted By: Handgun400

Re: PigmanTV - 02/12/2017 9:03 PM

To start with, his moniker is "Pigman". Heck, you could end with that and do just fine.

I much prefer Larry Weishuhn and the like.
Posted By: junebug

Re: PigmanTV - 02/12/2017 11:34 PM

Have any of you watched the Turtle Man? Hope he made some money off his show but, Hate to even admit it ,He's a local Idiot. No its not an act,he is a bubble and a half off plumb.
Posted By: WPrather

Re: PigmanTV - 02/13/2017 2:15 AM

Isn't the older man (dap I believe) that is always with Pigman his dad. He always gives that guy crap and talks to him like crap if that was my son that talked to me like that I would probably be in jail.lol

He is a real piece of something that's for sure, I don't believe we would get along.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums