Handgunhunt

Handgun Slings

Posted By: spinsail

Handgun Slings - 10/15/2017 3:18 PM

Getting a single shot pistol and I am wondering what guys like to use for a sling.
Posted By: cfish2

Re: Handgun Slings - 10/15/2017 3:43 PM

I use to use one on my contender but if you know anything about eastern NC you'll know why I stopped using them. Got hung up on everything there was. Tried using it once to stabilize my shot but found shooting sticks and resting on back packs was far more stable. Uncle mikes makes some decent nylon holsters that work better then a sling for carrying. But you need to go with what works for you.

Re: Handgun Slings - 10/15/2017 3:43 PM

Also some very nice custom holster makers out there an make just about anything you want.
Posted By: spinsail

Re: Handgun Slings - 10/15/2017 4:11 PM

I'm hunting the low country of SC so I will probably have the same problem. Thanks, good to know.

Re: Handgun Slings - 10/15/2017 4:17 PM

A good chest rig holster that's kept tight to the body works well in our neck of the woods. Only draw back to the nylon is its loud when brushed.
Posted By: Dekker

Re: Handgun Slings - 10/15/2017 7:30 PM

I use a Stratton sling on my contender. It makes packing a 14" barreled gun easy, it also helps steady the gun when shooting.
Stratton Sling
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Handgun Slings - 10/15/2017 10:30 PM

Not sure if you can do this with the CVA, but I attached sling swivels to the upper rear and bottom of this Contender grip so the gun hangs vertically when carried. The sling also aids in shooting, not only helping to steady me but also to pre-load against recoil which allows me to use a rifle scope on this 7-30 Waters barrel.
Posted By: KYODE

Re: Handgun Slings - 10/16/2017 2:59 AM

I like the sling on the TCs for deer hunting..... to carry and steady my shot some. Im ok as far as i need to shoot here most times.

I have a couple nylon ?super slings?. 1? and 1 1/4? on contender/encore respectively. They shorten up pretty easy. The ?just sling it? sling from stratton should work well also.
Posted By: KYODE

Re: Handgun Slings - 10/16/2017 3:02 AM

http://www.handgunhunt.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1831&ppuser=514
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Handgun Slings - 10/16/2017 4:27 AM

I like Claw rifle slings on anything that requires a sling, including adjusted to a shorter length for my single shots.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums