Handgunhunt

Bogpod or primos triggerstick or other

Posted By: ThunderThud

Bogpod or primos triggerstick or other - 10/30/2017 4:47 PM

I hunt from ground blinds made from natural surroundings mostly. I'm looking for info on what you may use. Thanks!
Brant
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Bogpod or primos triggerstick or other - 10/30/2017 5:06 PM

I shot a buck at 98 yards out of my blind while resting my Encore off a Wal-Mart camera tripod. Used the same setup 9 years ago to shoot my first buck at 290 with my 270 rifle.

That said, I recently got a Bog-Pod that's pretty stable.
Posted By: Franchise

Re: Bogpod or primos triggerstick or other - 10/30/2017 5:25 PM

I've got a Bogpod with a PSR and love it..it makes for a rock solid rest every time
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: Bogpod or primos triggerstick or other - 10/30/2017 6:06 PM

I have a set of Primos Trigger Sticks and I really like them, however, it's problematic flying with them as it forces me to bring a really big piece of luggage (extra charge).
Posted By: Zee

Re: Bogpod or primos triggerstick or other - 10/30/2017 6:11 PM

I like the Bog Pod and a PSR Top.
Posted By: Ernie

Re: Bogpod or primos triggerstick or other - 10/30/2017 7:24 PM

Bog Gear with the PSR Top...Sadly, the PSR Top is no longer made.
Posted By: cfish2

Re: Bogpod or primos triggerstick or other - 10/30/2017 7:57 PM

I just purchased a bog pod not to long ago with a PSR top. Found it on amazon. Might look around. On the web for one. Ernie is correct. They no longer offer the PSR top.
Posted By: sixshot

Re: Bogpod or primos triggerstick or other - 10/30/2017 9:57 PM

I've used the short Triggerstick quite a bit & it's worked great when using sixugns. I've taken several deer with it. I carry a very light weight folding chair with a canvas seat, probably weighs about 1 pound, I sit on this, drop the Triggerstick out to full length & rest my left elbow on top of it. This makes for a very steady hold, either scoped or iron sights & it takes up very little space. I just have it sticking out of my backpack so it's handy whenever I need it.

I also have the Bog Pod with the PSR rest & it's working great also, I really don't need the tall extension, so far I've never needed it. The Triggerstick is much smaller.

Dick
Posted By: Hendog

Re: Bogpod or primos triggerstick or other - 10/31/2017 7:14 AM

I just bought a PSR top for $30 off e-bay. The guy has a few left over old stock. Brand new.

Re: Bogpod or primos triggerstick or other - 10/31/2017 7:15 AM

Give the link.
Some guy should snatch them up pretty quick
Posted By: racksmasher1

Re: Bogpod or primos triggerstick or other - 10/31/2017 11:14 AM

Believe it or not, sometimes I use a TV tray, I can put my bag on it , or shoot off my pack.
Posted By: spinsail

Re: Bogpod or primos triggerstick or other - 10/31/2017 1:47 PM

I found a PSR at a site called Trade Mart but I had trouble getting the website to work. Might work for someone else.
Posted By: Steve in PA

Re: Bogpod or primos triggerstick or other - 11/02/2017 8:52 PM

Triggerstick definitely!
Posted By: Bob Roach

Re: Bogpod or primos triggerstick or other - 11/03/2017 1:14 PM

I have an old "Shooting/Optic MonoPod" now carried by Cabela's, that I have had for years. I believe I have at least 3 of them. They have a plastic Y on the top that is removable to attach your camera. Extends out in 4 sections to 67". They were pretty Hi-Tec back when I bought them. I would consider them entry level today. They still work, and have not broke, so I have never replaced them with the new Hi-Tec ones now available.

For WalkAbout I have a Staff with a forked antler on the top for a gun rest.

Bob
Posted By: bearskinner

Re: Bogpod or primos triggerstick or other - 11/05/2017 5:56 PM

The bogpod tripod is a rock solid rest
Posted By: wvhitman

Re: Bogpod or primos triggerstick or other - 11/06/2017 12:08 AM

I did a deer last year off my BogPod with PSR at 581.
Regular tripods and trigger sticks don't give you anything to rest your forearm/elbow on. Too much wobble.
It's BogPod all the way for me except when I can use my backpack.

Re: Bogpod or primos triggerstick or other - 11/06/2017 12:40 AM

Well said!
A bi-pod is my prone preference, if I can see from that position.
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: Bogpod or primos triggerstick or other - 11/06/2017 6:19 PM

My son Joe used his Bog Pod w/PSR to kill his bull elk at 356 yards with two chest hits from his .308 Encore, thanks to Ernie's advice.
http://www.handgunhunt.com/promo/members...PAHGRE%20FOREST
Posted By: ahandgunhunter

Re: Bogpod or primos triggerstick or other - 11/07/2017 7:01 PM

the clear winner is the bogpod. I have used the trigger stick with success. I have even recently made an attachment for my climbing deer stand that I can attach the PSR too.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums