Handgunhunt

What all have you killed with a handgun?

Posted By: Randy M

What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/13/2017 5:35 PM

Junebug's thread inspired this one.

What all (different species) have you killed with a handgun?

I've taken whitetail, hogs, javelina, turkey, and plethora of small game like raccoons, rabbits, squirrels, etc.

Mark H...it may be easier for you to list the 2 or 3 species on this planet you HAVEN'T killed. Hehe.
Posted By: Franchise

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/13/2017 6:21 PM

groundhogs, foxes, coyote, WT deer, Feral and Russian boar, Water Buffalo, Yaks, Nilgai Antelope, Blackbuck antelope, Fallow deer, Bobcat, feral goat, many types of exotic sheep, and racoons, beavers, and Opossums.
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/13/2017 6:33 PM

I feel my crowning achievement is taking close to 100 boar with handguns from 357 and up.....All the other animals I`ve taken have just filled in the spaces between boar hunts..
\:o
Thank God for wild boar..
;\)
Posted By: tradmark

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/13/2017 6:33 PM

Numerous whitetail, mule deer, axis deer, fallow deer, sika deer, turkey, elk by the truckload, seveal variety of waterbuff, capebuff wildebeest, about 40 oryx or so kudu and impala once wounded, about 12 bison, mt lion, innumerable various hogs. Feral serbs 😢, oh yeah blackbear too along with varmints.
Posted By: Steve in PA

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/13/2017 8:37 PM

Several deer with a Super Redhawk, several deer with a T/C Contender and a small black bear with a Super Blackhawk.

I have .22lr, .22 Hornet and .223 barrels for my T/C Contender, but I have not used them on small game.
Posted By: REDHAWK1954

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/13/2017 8:52 PM

One deer with a super Blackhawk, one with a GP100, several with a Ruger Redhawk 44 mag and several with a CVA Optima V2 muzzle loading pistol. I have a 30 30 contender and a 223 contender that I have not blooded yet. I only hunt whitetails in North Carolina.
Posted By: 358TC

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/13/2017 11:48 PM

Squirrels,rabbits,rats,raccoons,many many armadillos,bobcats,a few deer
Posted By: racksmasher1

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/13/2017 11:59 PM

Iv"e killed a bunch of Deer, Boars, Feral pigs, Fallow doe,Scottish Highland , Texas Longhorn, snakes, Tree rats, and a Coon, and Damn near a guy breaking into my truck one night.
Posted By: rmocarsky

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/14/2017 2:19 AM

James, did you consume all that hog meat?

Just curious.

Rmocarsky
Posted By: ruger4570

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/14/2017 4:08 AM

Whitetail Deer, Black Bear, Coon, opossum, squirrel, rabbit, coyote, muskrat, rattle snake, prairie dog, field mice, and pheasant.
Posted By: MrMcPorkchop

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/14/2017 4:45 AM

Killed 2 wild hogs with my 45LC Blackhawk, a whitetail buck with my GP100, and a few raccoons and coyotes here and there.
Posted By: wheeler45

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/14/2017 4:51 AM

Whitetail, antelope, angora goat, buffalo, groundhogs, squirrels,rabbits, sika deer.

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/14/2017 10:26 AM

Originally Posted By: rmocarsky
James, did you consume all that hog meat?

Just curious.

Rmocarsky

No... Most was donated to food banks or given to friends.....I knew some NY Giant, LE officer tailgaters who loved me for all the boar meat I gave them
otherwise I`ed be sporting a nice set of tusks....
;\)
Posted By: 45MAN

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/14/2017 11:07 AM

ALASKA: 3 BLACK BEARS; LOWER 48: 2 ELK, SEVERAL PRONGHORNS (BOTH SEXES), 2 MULE DEER, AN AMERICAN BUFFALO, A WATER BUFFALO, A LONGHORN, A LOT OF FERAL HOGS, SOME JAVELINA, A LOT OF AOUDAD, AXIS, FALLOW, SIKA AND BLACKBUCK (BOTH SEXES), A LOT OF WHITETAILS (BUCKS & DOES), ARMENIAN, RED, MOUFLON, CORSICAN & MIXED SHEEP (RAMS), RACOONS, SKUNKS, PORCUPINES & RABBITS, 2 NILGAI, RATTLESNAKES, A TURKEY, AN ADDAX, AND A COUPLE OF ORYX; AND AFRICA: 2 HIPPO, 2 ELAND, 1 MALE LION, 3 CAPE BUFFALO, 3 LEOPARD, BONGO, SABLE, 2 NYALA, 4 BUSHBUCK, SEVERAL KUDU & ZEBRA, RED HATEBEEST (MALE AND FEMALE), BLUE WILDEBEET, 3 WATERBUCKS, BLESBOK, BUNCHES OF IMPALA, SEVERAL WARTHOGS, A COUPLE OF GEMSBOK, 2 REEDBUCKS, A DUIKER AND A KLIPSPRINGER.
Posted By: Ernie

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/14/2017 12:09 PM

I have never kept track of the numbers:
Whitetail (doe & buck), Mule Deer (doe & buck), Antelope (doe & buck), Elk (cow and bull), over a dozen South African plains animals, hogs, rabbit, squirrel, rattlesnakes, prairie dogs, rock chucks, badgers, coyotes, bobcats, and other small critters.

Would like to hunt caribou and moose someday.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/14/2017 2:59 PM

I pretty much only hunt deer, but did kill a quillpig last summer with my 1911 as it was getting a little close to the domicile for comfort.
Posted By: glynn41

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/14/2017 5:19 PM

1 wooly boar--wild dogs-- ground hogs, deer
Posted By: sixshot

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/14/2017 5:37 PM

Bullfrogs, Armadillos, Possums, Skunks, Turtles, Snakes, Alligator Gar, Feral Hogs, Javelina, Crows, Foxes, Coyotes, Bobcats, Weasels, Cottontails, Jackrabbits, Squirrels, Grounds Squirrels, Rock Chucks, Badgers, Ducks, Pheasants, Grouse, Partridge, Huns, all out of the air. White tails, Mule Deer, Bears, Elk (13) Lion, Moose, Antelope, Turkeys, Sage Hens, Blue Wildebeest, Wart Hog, Zebra, Impala, Field Lions, Feral Dogs & 2 cows & 1 horse.

Dick
Posted By: ahandgunhunter

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/14/2017 7:27 PM

whitetail deer, hogs, coyotes and small game and pest.
Posted By: karl

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/14/2017 7:41 PM

This has been a very impressive list! of all the things listed, I think I might have found this one to be the most impressive.
 Originally Posted By: ruger4570
field mice

Those suckers are small and fast! Was it a shot shell load, or a (hopefully) single projectile?

I think there should be some measure of animal/bullet weight. maybe a lb/grain type of measurement. A deer could be in the 0.5-2 range, a elephant in the 15-25 range and a mouse in the 0.0005 range.
Posted By: KRal

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/14/2017 9:33 PM

Dragonfly, butterfly, grasshopper, wasp, cricket, mouse, rat, snake, lizard, toad, bullfrog, turtle, chipmunk, flying squirrel, grey squirrel, fox squirrel, cottontail, quail, pheasant, blackbird, sparrow, crow, dove, turkey, armadillo, raccoon, opossum, skunk, bobcat, coyote, feral dog, feral cat, gar, carp, buffalo fish, wild hog, exotic rams, sika doe, axis buck, whitetails, and black bear.....almost a horse one time for throwing me.
Posted By: Handgun400

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/15/2017 2:53 AM

Whitetail, hogs, turtles, snakes, crows, armadillos and a bobcat.
Posted By: Okie Hunter

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/15/2017 4:46 AM

"Killed just about everything that walked or crawled at one time and I'm here to kill you Little Bill."

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/15/2017 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Okie Hunter
"Killed just about everything that walked or crawled at one time and I'm here to kill you Little Bill."

AND DESERVE GOTS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT! CLINT EASTWOOD IN THE UNFORGIVEN, GREAT MOVIE.
Posted By: ruger4570

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/15/2017 1:41 PM

Originally Posted By: karl
This has been a very impressive list! of all the things listed, I think I might have found this one to be the most impressive.
[quote=ruger4570] field mice

Those suckers are small and fast! Was it a shot shell load, or a (hopefully) single projectile?

All with single projectile. Some with 22 and a few with my GP100...The bigger ones lol.

Forgot about birdshot, shot lots of spiders with 22 shot.
Posted By: jwp475

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/15/2017 1:44 PM

All of my handgun kills have been with revolvers mostly and a deer with a 1911 and many small game animals. My big game taken are deer, pigs, bison, Asian buffalo, moose, bear,
Posted By: wyote

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/15/2017 9:59 PM

I've taken rabbits (cottontail, jack, and snowshoe) squirrels, blue grouse, ruffed grouse, turkeys, coons, skunks, prairie dogs, rock chucks, porcupines, badger, bobcat, fox, coyotes, deer, (whitetail and mulies) antelope, bears, elk, and a moose.
Posted By: KYODE

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/16/2017 12:33 AM

Deer, fox, coyote, ground hogs, squirrel, black birds......n who knows whats next. 😈
Posted By: rmocarsky

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/16/2017 3:46 AM

With all those high stake encounters have you ever encountered an aggressive boar or close call?

Rmocarsky
Posted By: billa

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/16/2017 6:14 AM

25 or so Whitetail deer, 3 pronghorn antelope, Greater Kudu, Blue Wildebeest, Impala, Blesbok, 2 Warthog, Red Sheep, wild boar, Corsican ram, 5 wild turkeys, many squirrels, many pheasants on the wing with a Contender .410, several ruffed grouse (2 on the wing) many rabbits, several porcupines, many groundhogs, prairie dog, many red squirrels & chipmunks, skunks, opossums, snakes,
Bees, cicadas, and numerous miscellaneous insects mostly with a pellet gun.
Posted By: Cookie125

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/17/2017 3:31 AM

I have had a few close calls on some whitetail with my .357, but I've taken some raccoons with it as well as several armadillos. With my 22A I've taken more armadillos with it than I can count. once with my .357 I had to shoot a beaver out of self defense it died at my feet as I was stuck in a mucky marsh, apparently I made him feel cornered or something.

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/17/2017 4:47 PM

Cookie, I would have loved to see that rodeo! I figured Max & Craig would have chimed in by now.

Dick
Posted By: Zee

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/17/2017 6:06 PM

Deer/Pigs/Antelope/Small Game
Posted By: ratgunner

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/17/2017 8:18 PM

Deer. Squirrels. Groundhogs.
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/18/2017 2:48 PM

Originally Posted By: rmocarsky
With all those high stake encounters have you ever encountered an aggressive boar or close call?

Rmocarsky

I've had a couple (one in NC and one in Florida) of wild hog encounters that could have ended worse then they did. Also had a friend two years ago get cut pretty badly by a wounded boar in Florida. It's fairly rare but it happens. If you hunt 'em enough you are bound to have it happen at some point.
Posted By: magman

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/18/2017 4:24 PM

Deer, to include fallow, groundhogs, squirrel, a few mice and a couple snakes. I would love to hunt an elk someday.
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/18/2017 6:11 PM

Originally Posted By: karl
 Originally Posted By: ruger4570
field mice

I think there should be some measure of animal/bullet weight. maybe a lb/grain type of measurement. A deer could be in the 0.5-2 range, a elephant in the 15-25 range and a mouse in the 0.0005 range.

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/18/2017 6:12 PM

Originally Posted By: KRal
.....almost a horse one time for throwing me.

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/18/2017 7:23 PM

Snowshoe, jack and cottontail rabbits, crows, prairie dogs, skunks, badgers, 2 bobcats, coyotes, foxes, one wild boar (I need James to take me with him!); antelope, whitetail deer, mule deer, elk, and an old Cherokee.
\:D

Jeep, that is.

Also a horse with a broken leg that a rancher asked me to dispatch, with the understanding that I could then take his tractor and drag it to a good spot and use it for coyote bait. *Eight coyotes fell to the gun on that little deal.
;\)

P.S.: No disrespect meant; my sweetheart has Cherokee blood in her.

*FWIW: I have found that coyotes absolutely LOVE horse meat; even more so than beef, judging by several dozen carcasses that I have hunted off of.
Posted By: AL Jeff

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/18/2017 8:57 PM

Whitetail, lots of wild hogs, squirrels, rabbits, coyote, bobcat, and lots of fur bearers if you include using a handgun on a trap line.
Posted By: Curly

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/18/2017 9:35 PM

I've taken many whitetails, 1 boar, killed alot of trees (punching holes in paper)
Posted By: reflex264

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/19/2017 12:19 AM

Deer, hog, coyote, rabbit, corsican ram, frogs, squirrels, and assorted varmits.
Posted By: Mark Dunning

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/22/2017 1:12 AM

Antelope, Mule deer, Elk, Reindeer, Pigs, Coyote, Fox, Prairie Dog, Gopher, Rock Chuck, Cows, Bulls and a horse or two. The last couple were mercy kills. Oh and paper targets, clay pigeons, bottles, shotgun shells and anything else for practice.
Posted By: FROSTY

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/28/2017 5:31 AM

This is my first year truly hunting Big Game with a handgun, but over the years I have killed dozens of Raccoon, Rabbit, and Squirrel with a High Standard 22 Revolver and a Ruger Mark II 22. Hoping to retire my long guns and just use my Bow and Handgun for Big Game from now on. Just harvested my 1st Big Game, a Whitetail Buck with the Ruger in 454 Casull.
Posted By: Dekker

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/28/2017 8:44 PM

I have taken prairie dogs, chucks, raccoons, squirrels, rabbits, coyotes, foxes, bobcat, hogs, whitetails, antelopes, black bear, & elk. I keep dreaming of a brown bear/grizzly hunt.
Posted By: dave thomas

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 12/29/2017 12:32 AM

insects, reptiles, frogs, turtles fish, mice, rats, gophers, prairie dogs, woodchuck, rabbits, squirrels, coon, fox coyote possum cats,dogs, cows, horse, sheep, pigs, deer, bear, pheasants, partridge, turkey, porcupine, armadillo, beaver
Posted By: Boartuff

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 01/01/2018 2:58 AM

Whitetail, mule deer, antelope, hogs, fallow deer, armadillos.
Posted By: AK hgunner1

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 01/01/2018 4:59 AM

Deer-Grouse-Porcupines- Squirrels so far .
Posted By: Craig44

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 01/19/2018 3:49 PM

Originally Posted By: sixshot
Cookie, I would have loved to see that rodeo! I figured Max & Craig would have chimed in by now.

Dick

What's that supposed to mean?

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 01/19/2018 4:31 PM

I was 8yrs old when I started shooting rats in the barn with a CO2 pistol and I've been hooked ever since. Since then it's been bullfrogs, ground/gray/fox squirrels, swamp/marsh/cottontail rabbits, various birds, foxes, coyotes, beavers, skunks, ground hogs, wild boar, feral cats, feral dogs, turkeys, bobcats, possums, coons, various snakes, whitetail deer, fallow deer, sheep, goats, longhorn and water buffalo.

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 01/19/2018 6:34 PM

Just what it says, Craig, not Craig44.

Dick

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 01/19/2018 6:43 PM

Oh, sure.
Posted By: Randominator

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 01/19/2018 7:53 PM

Wild boar, squirrels, rabbits, Texas Dall, Black Hawaiian Ram, Axis deer, Corsican Ram, Sika deer, Fallow deer, coyote, fox, groundhog, and countless whitetail.
Posted By: sw282

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 01/20/2018 10:35 AM

Deer, squirrels, feral dogs. My most gratifying/satisfying

''kill'' was a Craftsman chainsaw l bought to clear a pond

l had purchased for a home site.. l was forever sharpening

the blade, tightening the bar, oiling and gassing this devil

machine from Sears... Even had it worked on a couple times.

Still it was the same old dog and pony show... Then one day

l finally had ENOUGH. l pulled out my S&W K38 and put a bullet

thru the block. Then gave it a watery grave by throwing into the

deepest part of the pond:-) l never felt better about a KILL

before or since. lt was really an EXECUTION.. That damn saw

refused to DIE. As the years passed l would see an occasional oil

spot on the pond surface
Posted By: pab1

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 01/21/2018 8:30 AM

Bighorn sheep (ewe), whitetail deer, mule deer, pronghorn antelope, cottontail, snowshoe hare, grouse, porcupine and squirrel.
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 01/22/2018 3:37 PM

Whitetail deer, gray squirrels, and fox squirrels.
Posted By: TM

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 01/24/2018 3:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Cookie125
I have had a few close calls on some whitetail with my .357, but I've taken some raccoons with it as well as several armadillos. With my 22A I've taken more armadillos with it than I can count. once with my .357 I had to shoot a beaver out of self defense it died at my feet as I was stuck in a mucky marsh, apparently I made him feel cornered or something.

What is a "close call" on a whitetail? Were they shooting back at you?

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 01/24/2018 8:55 PM

After reading the amounts of game taken with a handgun I would figure the bragging board would be overflowing with photos...
Come on guys.... where`s all the pics???? Post those photos as I love looking at them................. no matter what the animal is or how big or small...lets show the world what WE can do.....
\:\)

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 01/28/2018 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Craig44
I was 8yrs old when I started shooting rats in the barn with a CO2 pistol and I've been hooked ever since. Si

CRAIG44: IN THE MID 50's I GOT A PLAINSMAN BB CO2 PISTOL AND MY HANDGUN HUNTING CAREER STARTED. TOOK WATER TURTLES AND SNAKES WITH IT, PLUS BIRDS OF ALL KIND, ESPECIALLY GRACKLES, AND A RABBIT. ALSO GOT TO SHOOT MY FATHER'S FS RUGER 22 AUTO PISTOL AND JAP NAMBU AS A KID. A GOOD BEGINNING.
Posted By: cobrad

Re: What all have you killed with a handgun? - 02/27/2018 4:44 AM

Deer, Elk, B&C Black Bear, Grouse, Turkey, Rabbit, Squirrel, Ground Hog, Skunk, Coyote, Ptarmigan, Horse
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums