Handgunhunt

RMR09 1moa Dot

Posted By: BKS

RMR09 1moa Dot - 01/11/2018 10:34 PM

Thinking about switching to these over the Vortex Venom I have on my Glock Longslides and maybe a few more.

It would be a 1 moa dot vs a 3.25 dot.
Posted By: Ramjet-SS

Re: RMR09 1moa Dot - 01/11/2018 11:34 PM

Durable reliable
Posted By: Dirty harry

Re: RMR09 1moa Dot - 01/14/2018 9:18 PM

I appreciate the timing of your post. I?ve been planning to replace a 2x scope on a 657 classic hunter with a Vortex Venom. I?m courious what factors are driving your decision to move away from them?

Thanks in advance.

Harold
Posted By: BKS

Re: RMR09 1moa Dot - 01/15/2018 3:58 AM

The smaller dot is the main reason. There is nothing wrong with the venoms. I have an astigmatism and I think the smaller dot may be more friendly to my eyes.
Posted By: big spruce

Re: RMR09 1moa Dot - 01/15/2018 10:25 AM

Originally Posted By: Dirty harry
I appreciate the timing of your post. I?ve been planning to replace a 2x scope on a 657 classic hunter with a Vortex Venom. I?m courious what factors are driving your decision to move away from them?

Thanks in advance.

Harold
Im not saying that they are bad, but my vortex venom has been less than stellar. Mines on the way back to vortex. I wanted to try their products one more time before writing them off. I have also had 2 of there $500 range rifle scopes and both went back and I was refunded. Good customer service. Not so good optics in my experience so far. Others may have had better luck than I did. I'm sure it's just bad lu k on my part. I'm super hard on optics.
Posted By: OFFSHORE

Re: RMR09 1moa Dot - 01/15/2018 1:09 PM

I had the Vortex Viper on a Colt Anaconda for a few seasons and liked it. Then I purchased the Leupold DeltaPoint Pro and it has a 2.5 MOA dot. . .the smaller dot definitely made 150 yard shots on soda cans and hanging grapefruits much easier, critters don't have a chance. I'm glad I switched over from traditional pistol scopes to a reflex sight, for my type of hunting (inside of 200yds.) they work out great! Good luck with your new setup.
Posted By: karl

Re: RMR09 1moa Dot - 01/15/2018 4:46 PM

I put a vortex Venom on a friends gun. I liked the brightness adjustibility (can still use it at dawn and dusk) and the small dot size. I got the floor model at Cabela's and found that it didn't work. Rather then deal with Cabela's, I sent it to Vortex and they fixed/replaced it and sent me the glock specific mounting screws. It is on a G40 and seems to be working well.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums