Handgunhunt

PA hunting ranches

Posted By: billa

PA hunting ranches - 01/15/2018 1:58 AM

There are quite a few big game hunting ranches in PA and I assume the members here have hunted on most of them. I thought it would be helpful to other members if we could summarize our experiences and give a description of the ranch facilities and staff. Who wants to chime in?

Re: PA hunting ranches - 01/15/2018 4:23 AM

The Wilderness PA - Located in Everett, PA
Last year my son and I hunted Red Sheep at The Wilderness Exotics ranch. Our hunt was challenging and enjoyable. We are planning to go back for another hunt in the near future.
The facilities at The Wilderness are very nice. They have 2 Exotics enclosure that are approximately 200 - 250 acres each and a 400 acre one for their trophy Whitetail hunts at another lodge a few miles away. The terrain is wooded with many ridges and valleys. The cover was pretty good considering we were there in March. I assume it is much thicker in the fall months. The animals that we saw were all aloof and it was challenging to get within good handgun range. The trophy quality of most of the species we saw were excellent.
The owners and staff were great. Our guide, Brian is a true outdoorsman. A deer hunter and trout fisherman. He worked hard to help us get our animals and we enjoyed his company. He was patient with us and encouraged us to take our time and be sure of our game. It was our hunt.
The lodge is fantastic and the home cooked meals were excellent.
Their website is - thewildernesspa.com

Here is a link to theearlier post about my Red Sheep hunt.
http://www.handgunhunt.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/182171/page/0/fpart/1
Posted By: racksmasher1

Re: PA hunting ranches - 01/16/2018 12:05 AM

Bill , the Wilderness is the best place I have been, the staff is first class, NY Tracker and myself will be going down this their for the 4th year straight, the meals, the lodging are first class!
Posted By: nytracker

Re: PA hunting ranches - 01/16/2018 12:14 AM

You forgot to say how tasty the critters were down there...
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: PA hunting ranches - 01/16/2018 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: racksmasher1
Bill , the Wilderness is the best place I have been,

I hear they have the "wildest" animals of any operation in PA..

Re: PA hunting ranches - 01/16/2018 12:59 AM

while were talking about PA hunt ranch this may be a good time to let you guys know that myself and a few members are putting a hunt together at Tioga for March 2019.... This way there is plenty of time to put a dollar a day in the cookie jar to pay for the hunt. I can`t guarantee the animals will be any wilder then the mountains of Montana but it should still be fun none the less.....
Posted By: magman

Re: PA hunting ranches - 01/16/2018 1:47 AM

So James, who is going to Tioga in March 19. I'm interestd. I live about 2.5 hours away.
Posted By: Franchise

Re: PA hunting ranches - 01/16/2018 1:51 AM

I'm going to Tioga with the group
Posted By: FROSTY

Re: PA hunting ranches - 01/16/2018 2:50 AM

Sounds like it would be a great hunt!!

Re: PA hunting ranches - 01/16/2018 2:55 AM

James,
Can you give us more details on Tioga? I hunted there twice back in the 80s. I had a great hunt both times.

Re: PA hunting ranches - 01/16/2018 4:00 AM

Originally Posted By: billa
James,
Can you give us more details on Tioga? I hunted there twice back in the 80s. I had a great hunt both times.

Since you hunted Tioga twice there are not many more details I can give other then the lodge and sleeping quarters have been redone. Each room has two beds, flat screen TV and full bathroom. Their web site can tell you much more then I.....

Re: PA hunting ranches - 01/16/2018 4:02 AM

Guys......this is for March 2019.... next year....

Re: PA hunting ranches - 01/16/2018 11:37 AM

I?ll be at the Tioga hunt also.
Posted By: nytracker

Re: PA hunting ranches - 01/16/2018 10:32 PM

Me too.

Re: PA hunting ranches - 01/17/2018 11:43 AM

Originally Posted By: jamesfromjersey
 Originally Posted By: racksmasher1
Bill , the Wilderness is the best place I have been,

I hear they have the "wildest" animals of any operation in PA..
James, most of the Boar are skittish,after a little hunting pressure, they usually don?t hang around, just like Tioga.

Re: PA hunting ranches - 01/17/2018 11:47 AM

The other place I enjoy Boar hunting is Tioga Boar Ranch, lots of animals, nice lodging, and the food is ok.
Posted By: Coloradoyaler

Re: PA hunting ranches - 01/18/2018 1:30 AM

Hello

I have hunted Tioga and the Pig Farm at Parker PA. My preference is the Pig Farm. They have the pure European Boars. And are reasonably priced.

Re: PA hunting ranches - 01/18/2018 1:39 AM

What is the size of the hunting area at the Pig Farm?

Re: PA hunting ranches - 01/18/2018 12:10 PM

Originally Posted By: jamesfromjersey
while were talking about PA hunt ranch this may be a good time to let you guys know that myself and a few members are putting a hunt together at Tioga for March 2019.... This way there is plenty of time to put a dollar a day in the cookie jar to pay for the hunt. I can`t guarantee the animals will be any wilder then the mountains of Montana but it should still be fun none the less.....
Anyone else interested in the March 2019 Tioga Hunt contact James, Franchise, or myself, her?es a year notice, and you have a year to put a few bucks away.
Posted By: Coloradoyaler

Re: PA hunting ranches - 01/18/2018 2:10 PM

billa

I am not sure how much property they have. But from my experience it seemed as big as Tioga.
Posted By: KRal

Re: PA hunting ranches - 01/18/2018 3:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Coloradoyaler
billa

I am not sure how much property they have. But from my experience it seemed as big as Tioga.

I believe I read on their website that it's 80 acres.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums