Handgunhunt

Redhawk / Hack My Grips

Posted By: BRASF0311

Redhawk / Hack My Grips - 02/03/2018 2:49 AM

For those of us with the Round Butt Ruger Redhawks, I found a way to fit the Pachmayr Presentation grip, so we have an option for a rubber grip.

I took a ranger band and cut it at an angle, then rolled it up and wedged it in the void of the grip. The Pachmayr grips have a metal skeleton that prevents it from deforming.

I'm sure anything could be used to fill the void though. Hope this helps.

Posted By: Whitworth

Re: Redhawk / Hack My Grips - 02/03/2018 1:18 PM

Nice solution, Marine!
Posted By: JDK

Re: Redhawk / Hack My Grips - 02/03/2018 5:31 PM

I like it. How do you like the Presentation grips on a Redhawk? Mine is a factory square butt. I tried the Hogue Bantam Monogrip on mine and didn't like it. I prefer wood for looks, but RH grips aren't the best design.
Posted By: BRASF0311

Re: Redhawk / Hack My Grips - 02/03/2018 7:31 PM

Thanks Max, you know how it is, we make it work with what we can.

JDK, I like Hogue grips the best, except for the Bantam's, they suck.

The Pachmayr Presentations will fit nice for folks with medium to large hands, but they are a little wide for me.

I can live with it though, most guns don't fit my hands, so I've learned to improvise.
Posted By: Randy M

Re: Redhawk / Hack My Grips - 02/03/2018 9:19 PM

That's using your thinker. I like it.
Posted By: 45MAN

Re: Redhawk / Hack My Grips - 02/04/2018 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: JDK
I like it. How do you like the Presentation grips on a Redhawk? Mine is a factory square butt. I tried the Hogue Bantam Monogrip on mine and didn't like it. I prefer wood for looks, but RH grips aren't the best design.

THE PACHMAYR'S LOOK LIKE S... BUT THEY REALLY WORK. IF THERE ARE PRETTY GRIPS OUT THERE FOR THE REDHAWK THAT WUD WORK FOR ME I HAVE NOT FOUND THEM YET.
Posted By: junebug

Re: Redhawk / Hack My Grips - 02/04/2018 8:09 PM

Some re[ease agent on the grip frame and some silicone caulk to fill the voids would give you a non moving grip with a precision fit. Do one grip at a time and let it set up. I like Pachmayers or Hogues on my guns as they work well for me. I look at my guns as tools and pretty is as pretty does and they look good to me. Just wish Pachmayer or Hogue made grips for a Bisley grip frame. I would buy the first one they made.
Posted By: Snyd

Re: Redhawk / Hack My Grips - 02/06/2018 9:54 PM

I've tried em all pretty much. The $15.00 Uncle Mikes/Butler Creeks are the best. Numrich's used to have em but they're gone now. Sometimes they come up on ebay.

© 2024 Handgunhunt forums