Handgunhunt

REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP

Posted By: Gregg Richter

REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 03/29/2018 8:54 PM

OK, the proof is in the puddin'.

Or is it: in the PUTTING.
\:\)

This post could go on and on but it is not a "sticky" so it could easily go AWAY as the "newness" wears off and we all become accustomed to the sad fact that this wonderful website WILL go away.

I have the time, the experience (handgun hunting as well as editorial) and access to the funds if need be. FWIW I have stayed at Gary's house and visited with him and filmed his Arizona elk hunt. I am a successful small business owner several times over for 42 years, being self-employed since 1976.

I have a looong track record with hunters as far as money goes; I have taken in over two hundred fifty thousand dollars in deposits on hunts over the years and not one hunter has asked for one penny back; they have all been satisfied with what they experienced/received. That is proven many times over by my record of repeat hunters over 28 years.

SO HEAR IS THE DEAL, GUYS. We all see here who have said they will help. So here is my commitment: I will match your contributions of $5000 and buy the website. Let's put up your money and see how serious everybody really is at saving this website. If the $5K money doesn't come through by June 1 everybody will get their sent money back in full. I suggest a minimum of $100.

Make the check out to Gregg Richter and on the bottom left write "Toward HHM." I will go open a special account for this money and it will go untouched for now. I will keep you updated at least weekly on the amounts here and if you send me a SASE I will send you the current list of money committed with names.

Send it to: Gregg Richter
33773 Martin Road
Pine, CO 80470

I am going to need at least 50 of you to respond, and if more even better to help overcome future overhead. Depending on the financial logistics, future membership fees may be mandated. I will take it one step at a time.

Let's see if this flies!

Thank you in advance for your confidence and trust.

Gregg Richter
303-838-4748 Home

PS: If anybody would be interested in some kind of partnership, let's talk.
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 03/29/2018 10:03 PM

I`am in.... I`ll get the $100 check to you after the 1st.... I`ll try and get another $100 after I do my bills.....
Gregg, I give you credit in how you made this as easy as possible.
If the members are half as serious about saving this site as they say they are you should have no problems....And some serious "thank you`s" for putting up the $5000......
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 03/30/2018 12:16 AM

Gregg, PM sent.
Posted By: Walkingthemup

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 03/30/2018 1:20 AM

Gregg, email sent.
Posted By: 45MAN

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 03/30/2018 1:34 AM

GREGG: I WILL MAIL YOU A $100 CHECK NEXT WEEK, COLOLRADO KID: GET 'ER DONE.

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 03/30/2018 2:18 AM

Gregg, I forgot to mention....."your love of handgun hunting is showing"
;\)

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 03/30/2018 3:26 AM

Thanks all...this is a great start.

Gregg
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 03/30/2018 2:04 PM

Im willing to pay yearly membership. I'm not comfortable with a huge group buy though. If the site is here past June 1, I'll pay dues for sure.

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 03/30/2018 2:47 PM

Rap, I understand your POV, however I don't look at it that way. Those that have stepped up and offered money toward procuring it I think see it more as a bail-out or insurance that this site will be saved.

If Chance and I work something out and somehow become partners, we would still need some help.

Hope that doesn't make anybody change their mind. If so I would like to hear from you.

I hope $100 to help save the site isn't going to hurt, if so then please don't feel like you (any of you) needs to send it.

Thank you guys,

Sincerely,

Gregg Richter

PS: From what I understand the site comes with a negative cash flow; at the very least it is a lot of money for a risky investment. Therefore I am not looking at it as an investment but rather as, like James said, an outlet for "my love of handgun hunting." Sorta like buying that new handgun???? well... sorta...

Posted By: karl

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 03/30/2018 3:14 PM

I am in for at least the minimum.
Posted By: Newt

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 03/30/2018 4:06 PM

I am in for $100.00. I don?t post much, just a lot of reading and learning. I?ll send the check on the 5th.

Pat
Posted By: Mech 8

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 03/31/2018 12:13 AM

Check's in the mail.
Posted By: racksmasher1

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 03/31/2018 12:52 AM

I?m in for 100.00
Posted By: Seminole Wind

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 03/31/2018 1:32 AM

I'm in.
Posted By: cmnash

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 03/31/2018 1:25 PM

I'm in for $100. I would be willing to do more if the future of the site was more certain.
Posted By: ruger4570

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/01/2018 12:52 AM

Count me in. I will get a check out Monday.

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/01/2018 9:52 PM

TWO MONTHS AND COUNTING................

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/02/2018 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Mech 8
Check's in the mail.
Posted By: reflex264

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/02/2018 1:11 PM

Im in

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/02/2018 2:20 PM

Chance and I have been corresponding with Gary and things are in forward motion; should be some checks arriving today.

This is exciting.

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/02/2018 3:57 PM

i just saw this this morning so it will be tonight or tomorrow to get my check in the mail. typed one handed while eating a honey bun. lol
Posted By: 45MAN

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/03/2018 1:42 PM

I MAILED MY $100 CHECK YESTERDAY
Posted By: Sawfish

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/03/2018 7:56 PM

Just saw this, but I am in for $100.
Posted By: cfish2

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/03/2018 11:23 PM

I'm in for the minimum.
Posted By: Jeff460

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/04/2018 3:09 PM

I will try. I have to work for that extra money. When I get it I will. Thanks for stepping up and giving this a try.

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/05/2018 6:03 PM

As I said Jeff, please don't over-extend yourself. But thank you whether or not you send a check.

Chance is going to post here shortly.

Gregg
Posted By: Okie Hunter

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/07/2018 3:54 AM

My wife mailed a check today. I also did some overtime to cover it. Thanks for doing what you are to keep us going and thanks to Gary for doing all you did for years. I didn't realize what it cost to keep it going.
Although I've only got to meet one of you face to face (Whit), I consider a lot of you friends. I've got information and help from many of you. To name a few: Whit, KRal, Rio Hondo Hank, Ernie, H2O Bug, Greg, and others. Thanks to all for helping me personally and encouraging me with my handgun hunting. May God bless each and every member on this site. Nicest bunch of guys I've dealt with. ( This is probably the longest post I've ever made.)

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/08/2018 4:12 AM

Checks are arriving daily; keep up the awesome work guys!
Posted By: Hawkeye

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/09/2018 2:30 PM

Put the money in the mail this morning. Thanks guys for stepping up for this site. Maybe we can get some more vendors to place adds. HAH

Mike

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/09/2018 3:26 PM

That is one of my plans:

1. Increase membership.
2. In turn this will attract more vendors/advertisers.
3. I already have in's with Magnaport, Leupold, Burris, Freedom
Arms, Cabela's (already an advertiser), Corbon, and several other
similar companies from my HHI Antelope Hunt days as
sponsors. I already have JD (SSK Industries) that will buy an ad.

The real challenge will be to INCREASE membership, and not pull a "S&W."

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/10/2018 1:06 PM

I am fixin to post a invite to join this forum in my facebook group Tennessee Handgun Hunters. I will try to get my check sent out tonight. Been busier than mustard trying to ketchup.
Posted By: karl

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/13/2018 7:19 PM

Gregg and Chance, How are things going with the funds collection and preparation for transfer? Any more we can help with? Click on lots of advertiser links?

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/14/2018 6:57 AM

Karl, You beat me to it, see my post: "Website Purchase Status." It is going well.

Some have sent checks but did not give me their pen name used here; so if this rings a bell with any of you, please P.M. me with the info.
Posted By: sixshot

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/15/2018 5:51 PM

Gregg, I'll get $110 headed your way tomorrow, the extra $10 is to buy your lunch after you've went to the post office to cash my money order, thanks.

Dick

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/16/2018 6:00 PM

in the mail

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/16/2018 7:02 PM

Originally Posted By: sixshot
Gregg, I'll get $110 headed your way tomorrow, the extra $10 is to buy your lunch after you've went to the post office to cash my money order, thanks.

Dick

I'll be thinkin' 'bout you buddy, thanks!
;\)

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/17/2018 9:18 AM

Originally Posted By: reflex264
in the mail

Thanking you ahead of time, sir.
Posted By: Newt

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/18/2018 4:13 PM

In the mail Friday.

Re: REAL COMMITMENT: PUT IT UP - 04/20/2018 2:37 PM

Awesome!