Handgunhunt

Not even close

Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Not even close - 03/06/2019 7:08 PM

This ranch "ibex" billy is as close as I get to the mountain ibex that Mark Hampton has taken worldwide... In his book "Addicted to Altitude" are photos of Siberian and Gobi ibex he`s taken with handgun that are truly impressive.. Just being able to hunt those mountains is impressive.... Where`s the helicopter and oxygen???
PS- Always wanted to try for a YO ibex as seen in that photo of Keith and the one he took...
Posted By: 45MAN

Re: Not even close - 03/06/2019 9:27 PM

I HAD FREE RANGE GOATS (SOME LOOKED IBEXish AND SOME LOOKED CATALINAish) ROAMING ACROSS MY RANCH FOR YEARS, THEN A MARKET FOR GOAT MEAT DEVELOPED AND THEY DISAPPEARRED. MORE RECENTLY I REDID MY FENCING AND IT WOULD BE PRETTY TUFF FOR A FERAL GOAT TO GET IN NOW. SOME OF THE IBEX TYPE GOATS WERE REALLY IMPRESSIVE LOOKING. THE LAST GOOD BILLY I SAW WAS SNOW WHITE WITH REALLY GOOD HORNS, UNFORTUNEATELY MY OPEN SIGHT BISLEY's SIGHTS HAD BEEN INVOLUNTARILY ADJUSTED FROM "SIGHT DEPRESSION" WHEN HOLSTERED AND I MISSED.

IN CASE YOU DON'T KNOW IT, SOME HOLSTERS WILL PRESS DOWN ON A RUGER REAR SIGHT AND EVENTUALLY IT GETS INVOLUNTARILY READJUSTED ON HEIGHT. SOME LAWRENCE HOLSTERS USE TO COME WITH "SIGHT PROTECTORS". WHAT I DO NOW WITH MY HOLSTERS IS THAT IF SIGHT DEPRESSION IS AN ISSUE I JUST CUT OUT THE OFFENDING LEATHER.
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Not even close - 03/07/2019 2:53 AM

The Lawrence adjustable sight protector was an appreciated addition....
Posted By: cfish2

Re: Not even close - 03/09/2019 10:50 PM

James, Nice Billy.
Posted By: Okie Hunter

Re: Not even close - 03/10/2019 2:58 AM

Congrats.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums