Handgunhunt

Dad's Super Single Six

Posted By: Raptortrapper

Dad's Super Single Six - 03/25/2019 2:45 PM

My dad just gave me his Ruger Super Single Six that he's had since 1983. I didn't even know he ever had this revolver!!! I've been doing a lot of fur trapping lately, and he's always had an interest in doing it, or going along with me. I mentioned that I was going to start looking for a small .22 revolver to take on the trap line. He said, "Well I've got one I never use. Only time I remember using it was on a rabbit hunt once, and I hit a jackrabbit on the run with it."

My jaw hit the friggin floor! My old man shot a rabbit, on the run, with a revolver!!! How did I not know about this???!!! Long story short, he sent this to me...

Took it out this past Saturday with a few different kinds of ammo. It shot all but one of them very well. The one it didn't like was a 22mag solid with a flat nose. The rest all shot under 1" at 15 yards. I figured I try hitting the hanging 8" steel disk targets with it at 50 yards, and it did very well. Hit many more than missed.

Like I said before, my dad has had an interest in my fur trapping, and always wants to know when I catch something. With this revolver, he'll be able to travel the trap line with me long after he's gone. I'll give up my right arm before this revolver leaves me.
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Dad's Super Single Six - 03/25/2019 3:12 PM

Wow, pretty cool acquisition!

Funny how dads can go years without telling you the most interesting stories.
Posted By: Vance in AK.

Re: Dad's Super Single Six - 03/25/2019 5:54 PM

Now thats just awesome!
Posted By: karl

Re: Dad's Super Single Six - 03/25/2019 5:56 PM

That's a pretty cool story!
Posted By: Randy M

Re: Dad's Super Single Six - 03/25/2019 6:36 PM

Nice!
Posted By: kalhoon

Re: Dad's Super Single Six - 03/25/2019 10:21 PM

Thats fantastic,now to get him out on the trap line.

Re: Dad's Super Single Six - 03/25/2019 10:30 PM

Yeah he wants to go. But when he retired, he and Mom moved out to Komifornia. They will be out this fall sometime, and I fully intend on him running the single six when we check the trapline while he's here.

Will just add to the story behind that gun.
Posted By: Spencer

Re: Dad's Super Single Six - 03/26/2019 12:49 AM

What a great history. And the fact that more stories will be made with the Single Six from your dad, and with your Dad is fantastic!!!
Posted By: 45MAN

Re: Dad's Super Single Six - 03/26/2019 12:58 AM

COOL ALL THE WAY AROUND. KEEP THAT GUN UNTIL YOU PASS OR GIVE TO A WORTHY RECIPIENT.

Re: Dad's Super Single Six - 03/26/2019 1:15 AM

Originally Posted By: 45MAN
COOL ALL THE WAY AROUND. KEEP THAT GUN UNTIL YOU PASS OR GIVE TO A WORTHY RECIPIENT.

There is only one man that walks this green Earth that I would considered worthy to give this firearm too before I die. He's a member of this site.

If you just said something to the effect of, "Well send it on over!"... You're not him.
Posted By: Ernie

Re: Dad's Super Single Six - 03/26/2019 2:41 AM

Excellent story...All kinds of warm fuzzies!
Posted By: PsTaN

Re: Dad's Super Single Six - 03/26/2019 3:29 AM

I can relate ... I'll never forget when GranDaddy gave me this ...

P
Posted By: junebug

Re: Dad's Super Single Six - 03/27/2019 2:05 AM

last year I gave my son my 6 in model 10 Smith for his birthday . He has wanted it forever . He is rarely at a loss for words, he was that day.It will not be a safe queen.
Posted By: bluecow

Re: Dad's Super Single Six - 03/27/2019 12:54 PM

thank you for sharing.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums