Handgunhunt

Power Custon trigger/hammer kit questions

Posted By: Vance in AK.

Power Custon trigger/hammer kit questions - 04/19/2019 8:47 PM

My Superblackhawk Hunter has an OK trigger but a LOT of creep that I want to get rid of.
Will the hammer trigger kit take care of it & give a nice hunting trigger? Drop in installation as the promise?
Second part of the question, will the Bisley kit go in the standard gun (I assume yes...)? Besides the modified hammer spur what difference is there between the two? Is the Bisley hammer spur an advantage for getting to the hammer with a scope?
Posted By: Craig44

Re: Power Custon trigger/hammer kit questions - 04/19/2019 8:53 PM

Yes and yes. It won't be like a professionally tuned action but it will be a huge improvement. In addition to the half cock function.

An unmodified Bisley hammer and trigger won't fit the standard grip frames. They do have a variation that comes with a Bisley hammer and standard trigger, made to work with standard or Super Blackhawk grip frames.

Re: Power Custon trigger/hammer kit questions - 04/19/2019 9:37 PM

Thank you sir. just ordered the standard one. Gotta use that bday discount at midway right? Cant leave $30.00 on the table!!!
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: Power Custon trigger/hammer kit questions - 04/20/2019 2:07 AM

Creep is the amount of travel the trigger actually moves before the hammer releases; (ie. amount of sear notch engagement) therefore a spring kit really won't have any effect on actual creep. Metal removal or shimming the hammer notch will reduce creep ie. a "professional trigger job."

In my experience, the spring kit will help the trigger pull weight, but also may cause the creep to feel worse, because the lighter trigger will give better/more delicate "feel" and enhance the creep feeling.

Re: Power Custon trigger/hammer kit questions - 04/20/2019 6:35 AM

Thanks Gregg. I understand what you are saying. I pulled one leg on the trigger spring on day one. Put it back because it made the creep feel even worse! Put it right back on.
This is a kit that includes a new matched hammer and trigger along with a set of wolf springs. Its a $165.00 kit.
Posted By: Brenden

Re: Power Custon trigger/hammer kit questions - 04/20/2019 1:33 PM

I usually replace mine with wolf spring kits. I believe they are around $14 if I'm not mistaken. It made my 44 special have the lightest trigger I've ever felt.

I've wondered about the power customs kits, but I'm cheap. Let us know how well it does.

Happy birthday as well Sir!
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: Power Custon trigger/hammer kit questions - 04/20/2019 2:53 PM

Vance, that should work great!
Posted By: Muddy

Re: Power Custon trigger/hammer kit questions - 04/21/2019 4:51 PM

I have 3 Power hammer/triggers in Ruger guns. Each of them delivered very crisp creep free trigger pulls. I'm sure you'll be happy with the results.

Dan

Re: Power Custon trigger/hammer kit questions - 04/22/2019 1:23 AM

Thanks Dan.
Midway generally gets things to me pretty quick so i will probably have an opinion pretty soon😉
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums