Handgunhunt

"BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW

Posted By: 45MAN

"BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/07/2019 2:23 AM

JUST WATCHED MAX PRASAC's NEW SHOW (EPISODE 1) "BIG IRON" ON AMAZON PRIME. IT WAS HIS 2018 AFRICA HUNT, MOSTLY ABOUT HIS CAPE BUFFALO HUNT. VERY COOL SHOW, HE CRAWLED TO WITHIN 15 YARDS OF THE BUFF AND WHACKED IT WITH HIS BFR 500 JRH.
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/07/2019 2:51 AM

Rey, was there a charge to watch the video???

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/07/2019 11:19 AM

I JUST JOINED AMAZON PRIME ON A 30 DAY FREE TRIAL, AND THIS WAS MY FIRST EVER EXPERIENCE WITH AMAZON, THERE WAS NO CHARGE TO VIEW THE VIDEO.
Posted By: tradmark

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/07/2019 12:32 PM

It was a good episode. Very well done! Great job max
Posted By: karl

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/07/2019 1:58 PM

If you have prime it is free. Good show.
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/07/2019 2:44 PM

Thank you! This is two years in the making, and it's been a grind.
Posted By: karl

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/07/2019 3:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Whitworth
Thank you! This is two years in the making, and it's been a grind.

So realizing it was a lot of work and took 2 years..... When is the next episode going to go live
;\)

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/07/2019 4:27 PM

Not yet!
Posted By: JDK

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/07/2019 5:25 PM

Nice! I?ve been a prime member for a long time. I didn?t know about Max?s show. Thanks for the heads up!

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/07/2019 5:57 PM

Posted By: Craig44

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/07/2019 6:37 PM

Awesome, congrats!!!
Posted By: hfischer

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/08/2019 12:14 AM

Logged into wife?s account and watched it an hour ago. Was really good. Cannot wait for next one.
Posted By: ruger4570

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/08/2019 1:58 AM

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I will watch tonight since it's slow at work
\:\)
Posted By: jamautry

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/08/2019 5:22 AM

I watched it last night. I enjoyed it. Can't wait for episode 2.
Posted By: KRal

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/08/2019 8:11 AM

Congrats, Max! I really hope this works out for you and there?s plenty more to come. I can?t watch the video, but I?m sure it?s fantastic.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/08/2019 8:54 AM

Originally Posted By: KRal
Congrats, Max! I really hope this works out for you and there?s plenty more to come. I can?t watch the video, but I?m sure it?s fantastic.

Thanks guys!

How come you can?t watch it, Kim? I?ve watched it on my phone...
Posted By: Randy M

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/08/2019 4:30 PM

Hey Max, just watched it. Looks like an exciting hunt to say the least. One question on the Nyala...was that a one-shot kill?

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/08/2019 5:51 PM

Thanks guys!

How come you can?t watch it, Kim? I?ve watched it on my phone...

?Can?t? was maybe a bad choice of words. I don?t have amazon prime and really don?t know anything about it. I?ll find me a millennial and get some guidance.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/08/2019 6:24 PM

They do offer a free 30 day trial if you want and if youre a member many of these things are free.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/08/2019 7:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Randy M
One question on the Nyala...was that a one-shot kill?

We're trying to show all aspects of handgun hunting by including it in a limited format. This was merely supplemental to the buffalo hunt. It took two shots (my first was bit low and shot from a greater distance). There was a fence in the background (a property line that it could have easily jumped) and the producers didn't want to show it because then it looks like a canned hunt (which it wasn't). Besides that, it wasn't meant to be shown in its entirety (the Nyala hunt) because the buffalo hunt is the story, the Nyala hunt a mere add-on.

Keep in mind that we had more than 24 hours of footage that needed to be crammed into two 22 minute segments which is a daunting task. My greatest concern was that we show the buffalo hunt in its entirety.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/08/2019 7:53 PM

Well thats what producers do and i know some platforms for tv shows wont show a hunt with a fence (high or low fence) or a feeder. So it makes sense and well, producers do what producers do and dont necessarily hunt. At least he showed all the buffalo and how fast it went down which is faster than 95% of the rifle hit ones ive seen.
Posted By: Bigbrowndog

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/08/2019 10:17 PM

My favorite part is toward the end when you can hear Max say,.....wait let me reload!!!

Nice job, buddy,.......

Trapr
Posted By: sixshot

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/09/2019 2:35 AM

Doing something wrong because I don't think Marty Robbins was in on this!

Dick
Posted By: Okie Hunter

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/09/2019 2:42 AM

I watched it this evening. Great job Max. Congrats and let us know when the next episode is on.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/09/2019 10:22 AM

Originally Posted By: sixshot
Doing something wrong because I don't think Marty Robbins was in on this!

Dick

Dick, he hasn?t been with us since ?82... consider this a tribute to him. May he Rest In Peace!
Posted By: JDK

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/09/2019 12:58 PM

I watched it last night. Really enjoyed it. I liked that it showed how the hunts are done and the ups and downs of the chase, instead of just showing the final stalk and shoot. I laughed when I saw saw the shells in the guide?s belt cartridge holder. They looked about 6? long! Congratulations on a job well done!
Posted By: adbhowler

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/09/2019 1:27 PM

Watched it last night, thank the Lord my wife buys tons off Amazon and has a Prime membership). Great show and what a stalk for the buffalo. Maybe, just maybe, this will help to quite the nay-sayers on the whole "Can't do that with a handgun". Thanks Max!!

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/09/2019 1:48 PM

Originally Posted By: JDK
I watched it last night. Really enjoyed it. I liked that it showed how the hunts are done and the ups and downs of the chase, instead of just showing the final stalk and shoot. I laughed when I saw saw the shells in the guide?s belt cartridge holder. They looked about 6? long! Congratulations on a job well done!

Hahaha! Thank you! .458 Lott. He was pointing it at the buffalo when I took my first shot. After it reared up, feeling the effects of the Punch bullet, he stopped pointing the rifle at the bull.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/09/2019 1:50 PM

Originally Posted By: adbhowler
Watched it last night, thank the Lord my wife buys tons off Amazon and has a Prime membership). Great show and what a stalk for the buffalo. Maybe, just maybe, this will help to quite the nay-sayers on the whole "Can't do that with a handgun". Thanks Max!!

Thanks! When I was waiting to get my revolvers at the airport in Port Elizabeth, I had a heated "discussion" with a rifle hunter (an American) who told me what I was doing was a stunt. There's a lot of ignorance that needs correcting! It will be a daunting task!

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/09/2019 3:33 PM

And im sure it will be more daunting by the naysayers in our own midst that whine and bitch about this or that. We truly eat our own.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/09/2019 4:19 PM

Originally Posted By: tradmark
And im sure it will be more daunting by the naysayers in our own midst that whine and bitch about this or that. We truly eat our own.

Exactly.
Posted By: Midwesthunter11

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/09/2019 5:50 PM

Just watched the show last night. Max as always great story well told ! Are you taking us back to Africa next episode or somewhere new? Either way can't wait to see where you bring us next!

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/09/2019 5:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Midwesthunter11
Just watched the show last night. Max as always great story well told ! Are you taking us back to Africa next episode or somewhere new? Either way can't wait to see where you bring us next!

Thank you! More Africa, standby!
Posted By: Craig44

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/10/2019 4:46 PM

Originally Posted By: tradmark
We truly eat our own.

Ain't that the truth!
Posted By: PsTaN

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/12/2019 1:28 AM

Watched this afternoon ... thoroughly enjoyed.

P
Posted By: sixshot

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/12/2019 4:56 AM

Real good video Max, that's some real rough, rocky country for buffalo. Well done & also on the follow up shots, that's where many don't finish a job. He was down & out in a hurry.

Dick

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/12/2019 7:48 PM

Originally Posted By: sixshot
Real good video Max, that's some real rough, rocky country for buffalo. Well done & also on the follow up shots, that's where many don't finish a job. He was down & out in a hurry.

Dick

Thanks for the kind words, Dick, it's much appreciated!
Posted By: bengineer

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/12/2019 7:53 PM

Great footage! That took a lot of work, I am sure. Sure nice to see a show like this, and even better that it was presented as a "put this idea to rest" example. Thanks Max for representing handgun hunting. The archery parallel was a good perspective, too.
Posted By: NRA_Dave

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/13/2019 2:33 AM

Great job on the video! It was better edited and photographed than most hunting shows with big $$ behind them. Keep up the great work! I am ready to go back to Africa after watching it. I still need to handgun hunt a hyena!
Posted By: wheelguns

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/13/2019 2:39 AM

Just got done watching the show, dittos to what's been said already. Congratulations Max on the bull and your new show.
Posted By: Western Revolver

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/13/2019 3:00 AM

Very good video Max. Thanks for taking the time to put that together.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/14/2019 3:04 PM

Thank you for the support, gentlemen! We are a small segment of the hunting population and need to stick together.
Posted By: bowmag

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/16/2019 2:17 PM

Excellent!!!
Thank you for the great program. Since I am a bowhunter, I really appreciate your closing line.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/16/2019 2:20 PM

Originally Posted By: bowmag
Excellent!!!
Thank you for the great program. Since I am a bowhunter, I really appreciate your closing line.

Thank you sir!

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/23/2019 12:07 PM

EPISODE 2 MAY BE UP NOW, I AM UP AT MY RANCH AND HAVE NOT HAD A CHANCE TO CHECK

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/23/2019 4:33 PM

Its up and was a good episode. I like the show no fluff and bs. Max actually had a show that showed a miss. A rare thing in outdoor tv and not a rare thing in real life. Good job max. Also a great shot on the lechwe!
Posted By: BRASF0311

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/23/2019 6:19 PM

I finally got to watch both episodes.
Awesome work Max, very well done brother!
Thank you for putting in all the hard work to get together a TV show just for us.
That looked like one of the most challenging hunts I know of. A lot of open ground to cover for a shot with a handgun. Good job.
I found it a little funny that both you and the guide were well armed, but the poor trackers only had their teeth and nails. :-)
I'm sure their plan was, if it hit the fan, they could just out walk or run you and the guide!
Impressive tracking too.
Looking forward to the next episode.
Thanks again.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/24/2019 11:28 AM

EPISODE #2: NO BS, SHOW IT LIKE IS, AND SHOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RIFLE HUNTING AND REVOLVER HUNTING, GOTTA GET CLOSE.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 08/24/2019 3:58 PM

To me,....the difference between shooting and hunting

Trapr
Posted By: billa

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 09/01/2019 3:31 AM

Max,

I just watched Episode 1. Great job. Quality work in front and behind the camera. Congratulations on landing the series. Keep it going!

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 09/01/2019 10:34 PM

Originally Posted By: billa
Max,

I just watched Episode 1. Great job. Quality work in front and behind the camera. Congratulations on landing the series. Keep it going!

Thank you! The support is very much appreciated!
Posted By: Midwesthunter11

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 09/02/2019 3:20 PM

Good stuff keep it up max !
Posted By: bowmag

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 09/08/2019 11:17 PM

Another great one. Thanks for sharing, Max. And thank you for putting it out there to the public. Maybe it will help our cause.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 09/09/2019 6:52 PM

Originally Posted By: bowmag
Maybe it will help our cause.

Let's hope so. Thanks guys!

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 09/09/2019 7:10 PM

For those without Amazon Prime accounts, Big Iron is on RecoilTV as well as of today:

videos.recoilweb.com/pages/discover/d/home
Posted By: Walkingthemup

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 09/09/2019 9:45 PM

Kahr Firearms Group have put a version on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9-2hF5Aebo. Is this the whole program or an edited version? Either way a great video and a very positive approach to our sport. Well done.
Posted By: NYhandgunner

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 09/10/2019 1:34 AM

Congratulations on the show Max!! Just watched episodes 1 and 2...two thumbs up! And some great but not always successful stalks. Now that's handgun hunting!! Looking forward to more!

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 09/10/2019 1:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Walkingthemup
Kahr Firearms Group have put a version on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9-2hF5Aebo. Is this the whole program or an edited version? Either way a great video and a very positive approach to our sport. Well done.

Those are the full-length videos - episodes one and two are on their YouTube channel. Thank you!

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 09/10/2019 4:27 PM

Max,
Finally got to watch the video - job well done! Keep up the good work.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 09/10/2019 5:25 PM

Max,

Thank you! Did you see both episodes? Episode three is almost ready...

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 09/10/2019 6:33 PM

Max,

Thank you! Did you see both episodes? Episode three is almost ready...

Just episode 1, so far - it was on YouTube.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 09/11/2019 10:31 AM

Can't wait for episode 3. Congrats and great job again.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/04/2019 3:24 AM

JUST WATCHED EPISODE 3, IT IS ABOUT THE 2018 BOVINE BASH, GOOD SHOW.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/04/2019 11:16 AM

Very well done. Question...were most/all bullets complete pass throughs? If not, and I know every second of footage is expensive, but it would be awesome to see the recovered bullets to see the integrity of each.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/04/2019 1:29 PM

Very well done. Question...were most/all bullets complete pass throughs? If not, and I know every second of footage is expensive, but it would be awesome to see the recovered bullets to see the integrity of each.

Thanks Randy! We used the sequence with the lower velocity loads to show how the offside hide "catches" the bullets as they pass through the body of the water buffalo. We've posted a lot of the bullets on some threads and it would have been great to be able to show them in the episode, but at the end of the day we only have 22 minutes to work with. The copper solids are all but reloadable showing only rifling marks in most cases.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/04/2019 1:41 PM

I ALSO WONDERED ABOUT THE LACK OF RECOVERED BULLET PICTURES AND EVALUATIONS OF THE BULLETS AND THEIR PERFORMANCE, BUT I FIGURED 3 BIG FACTORS WERE AT PLAY: 1) LIMITED TIME, 2) THESE SHOWS ARE "FOR THE MASSES", AND 3) BULLET RESULTS HAD BEEN SHARED via OTHER MEDIUMS, INCLUDING THIS SITE. ALSO, SHOWING A LOT OF BLOOD AND GUTS AND INTERNAL DAMAGE MAY HAVE BEEN A LITTLE TOO MUCH FOR THE CASUAL VIEWER.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/04/2019 2:12 PM

There's an entertainment value that needs to be reached, but we still managed to get some necropsy coverage included.
Posted By: BKS

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/05/2019 3:03 AM

Whitworth great work on the videos and hope to see more.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/05/2019 2:25 PM

Originally Posted By: BKS
Whitworth great work on the videos and hope to see more.

Thanks BKS, much appreciated!

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/06/2019 2:16 AM

Watched it last night. Very informative and entertaining.
Posted By: AmmoHouse

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/07/2019 12:21 AM

WHAT?!
I?m a prime member and didn?t know it was on there...gotta go save it!👍🏻
Posted By: DavT

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/07/2019 2:53 AM

Great show, very well done. I really appreciate that it is not a 25 minute ongoing commercial, it is really about hunting with handguns with the focus on the adventure. Watched them all so far.
Posted By: Zack

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/14/2019 1:50 AM

I watched the 3 available episodes this morning and loved them. Can't wait for more

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/14/2019 3:13 PM

Great videos, Max! Keep ?em coming.
Posted By: Reloder28

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/19/2019 11:36 AM

Max,
Caught episode 3 yesterday. By the way, the production quality is above outstanding.

I was quite pleased to see the 480 Ruger in action. I am from the same school of thought that you don?t always need the hottest, fastest, knuckle busting load to harvest your game. It was refreshing to see a female ?on the gun?. Not only was she packing it with confidence, she brought it to bear with surety. My children are all daughters. They love to shoot & they, like your huntress friend, know the joys of Big Irons.

I thank you for your efforts to keep us progressively educated. Watching the episode my appetite was whetted for more information on the special loads/projectiles being tested. Is that info going to be divulged by a writer, or you or in advertisements along the way?
Posted By: Willicd76

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/19/2019 5:06 PM

Just watched the first 2 episodes. Spectacular job! Does anyone happen to have a link to episode 3?

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/19/2019 11:18 PM

THERE IS AN EPISODE 4 UP BUT YOU NEED TO GO TO SEASON 2. A DEER HUNT IN DELAWARE

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/20/2019 5:03 PM

Are the last 2 episodes on YouTube yet? I don't have Amazon prime...

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/20/2019 7:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Willicd76

Yes

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/20/2019 8:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Willicd76

Yes

Would you mind posting the link. I have tried searching for it...

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/20/2019 10:18 PM

Just type in ?Big Iron with Max Prasac?

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/20/2019 11:12 PM

I did, and for whatever reason it only comes up with episode 1 and 2.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/21/2019 2:55 AM

My bad, I misunderstood your request. By ask for the last two, I thought you were referring to the previous two. Episodes 3 and 4 are not on YouTube.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/22/2019 12:24 AM

Ok. I hope they make their way to YouTube ASAP!

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/22/2019 2:30 AM

Just watched the latest episode. Ouch. I've been there. Some animals just have an amazing will to live. By the reaction at impact, I didn't expect him to make it out of the field.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/22/2019 9:51 AM

By the reaction at impact, I didn't expect him to make it out of the field.

You and me both, Randy LOL!
Posted By: DarkTimber

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/24/2019 4:43 AM

Great stuff, Max. Just finished watching them all for the second time.

I look forward to your next installments!

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 10/24/2019 2:32 PM

Originally Posted By: DarkTimber
Great stuff, Max. Just finished watching them all for the second time.

I look forward to your next installments!

Thank you much, DarkTimber!

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 11/03/2019 11:24 PM

JUST WATCHED EPISODE # 5 OF BIG IRON, AN ENJOYABLE HOG HUNTING EPISODE. NICE WORK MAX.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 11/04/2019 2:16 PM

Originally Posted By: 45MAN
JUST WATCHED EPISODE # 5 OF BIG IRON, AN ENJOYABLE HOG HUNTING EPISODE. NICE WORK MAX.

Thanks Rey! That was shot at my old stomping grounds in North Carolina.
Posted By: bullsi1911

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 11/06/2019 4:33 PM

I just binge watched all the available episodes. Good stuff!

Question on gear- On the Buffalo hunt in Season 1, it looks like you are wearing a lightweight hooded camo shirt. I have been looking for something similar since Ive been using a hooded ?fishing shirt? for working on the ranch for sun protection. What shirt is that? Need it for early season hunts when its still hot and buggy.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 11/06/2019 5:02 PM

Originally Posted By: bullsi1911
I just binge watched all the available episodes. Good stuff!

Question on gear- On the Buffalo hunt in Season 1, it looks like you are wearing a lightweight hooded camo shirt. I have been looking for something similar since Ive been using a hooded ?fishing shirt? for working on the ranch for sun protection. What shirt is that? Need it for early season hunts when its still hot and buggy.

Thank you! The shirt is by Sitka Gear. Not sure which model, but I think it's the Core Lightweight Hoody.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 11/07/2019 1:11 PM

OK Max. I was watching the Hog Heaven episode of Big Iron last night and the words that came to mind were from Jack Nicholson's Joker "Where does he get those wonderful toys?". The Black Nitride BFR in 460 is AWESOME!!!. I have a new quest in my life now thanks to you, acquire a Black BFR. I assume that's out of the custom shop but I do not see it as an option on their webpage. Can it be special ordered or is it just a prototype? Anyway, great episode as always and thanks for giving me yet another reason to buy a new Black BFR.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 11/07/2019 3:26 PM

Originally Posted By: adbhowler
OK Max. I was watching the Hog Heaven episode of Big Iron last night and the words that came to mind were from Jack Nicholson's Joker "Where does he get those wonderful toys?". The Black Nitride BFR in 460 is AWESOME!!!. I have a new quest in my life now thanks to you, acquire a Black BFR. I assume that's out of the custom shop but I do not see it as an option on their webpage. Can it be special ordered or is it just a prototype? Anyway, great episode as always and thanks for giving me yet another reason to buy a new Black BFR.

Thank you! This is the revolver. Black nitride is an available option from the Precision Center, not the standard production guns.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 11/27/2019 2:42 PM

Here's a teaser for the next episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aXjMH5C30

I found the .500 Smith to be DAMN effective.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 11/27/2019 2:43 PM

YES!!!
Posted By: Coloradoyaler

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 11/27/2019 4:04 PM

WOW! That 500S&W crushed that Deer! What load or ammo were you using?

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 11/27/2019 4:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Coloradoyaler
WOW! That 500S&W crushed that Deer! What load or ammo were you using?

Buffalo Bore 400 grain JFPs. I think the bullet is a Sierra. It does hit with authority!

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 11/27/2019 4:53 PM

Thanks Max! I'm anxious to see the next episode!
Posted By: BushytailBasher

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 11/28/2019 1:50 AM

She never stood a chance

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 11/30/2019 3:03 PM

Thanks Max! I'm anxious to see the next episode!

It will be up sometime before Christmas!
Posted By: BBwheelgunner

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 12/09/2019 1:43 PM

As many have already said, NICE WORK MAX!

I particularly respect the fact that you made clear your intentions on the Bovine Bash shoot, and not making it out to be something it is not. That being said, it is really cool you guys are "torture testing" loads so we don't have to!

Keep up the good work, I will be looking forward to the next installments!

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 01/08/2020 2:19 PM

MAX HAS A NEW EPISODE UP ON BIG IRON, ITS EPISODE 3 OF SEASON 2 OR 2020 SEASON. IT IS ABOUT HUNTING WHITETAILS WITH 50 CALIBER REVOLVERS. HAVE NOT WATCHED IT ALL YET (I AM AT WORK) BUT LOOKS LIKE COOL STUFF. DEFINITELY CAN SAY BIGGER CAN BE BETTER AND BADDER.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 01/09/2020 1:13 PM

WATCHED THE EPISODE LAST NIGHT. MAX WAS USING A BFR IN 500 S&W. GREAT KILL VIDEOS. ALL VERY WELL DONE AND ENTERETAINING, IN A GAME RICH DEER ENVIRONMENT.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 01/09/2020 3:18 PM

Originally Posted By: 45MAN
WATCHED THE EPISODE LAST NIGHT. MAX WAS USING A BFR IN 500 S&W. GREAT KILL VIDEOS. ALL VERY WELL DONE AND ENTERETAINING, IN A GAME RICH DEER ENVIRONMENT.

Thanks Rey! Definitely a game rich environment!

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 01/09/2020 3:58 PM

Man what an installment of Big Iron. The 500S&W sure packed a wallop. The one deer flipped over backwards on that quartering hit. Great show Max, keep up the good work.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 01/09/2020 6:27 PM

Great Episode on the Key Ranch Max!

I am looking forward to seeing more of the 500S&W!

GOD BLESS!
Mark

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 01/09/2020 7:24 PM

Very nice Max! Pass our compliments on to Todd as well. He does all the work anyways...hehe.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 01/09/2020 8:29 PM

Very nice Max! Pass our compliments on to Todd as well. He does all the work anyways...hehe.

Haha! Hey, it's just the two of us as some are surprised to find out!

Thanks guys!

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 01/09/2020 11:04 PM

Air Force and Marine Corps,....who?d a thunk it!!!

Hope to see you at NRA show, I?m guessing you?ll not be at SHOT.

Burris has some new stuff coming out we may need to go R&D.

Trapr

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 01/10/2020 2:19 AM

Great job guys. Keepem coming.
Posted By: RSW

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 01/13/2020 10:40 PM

Max I watched season one a short time back. Watched ep.3 of season 2 today. I don't know how I got the episodes out of order but I'm watching the first two of season two tonight. Best shows out there in my opinion. Keep up the good work!

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 01/23/2020 3:17 AM

Hey Max

How about an Idea on what the next show is about?

GOD BLESS
Mark

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 01/27/2020 2:59 PM

Hey Max

How about an Idea on what the next show is about?

GOD BLESS
Mark

Texas exotics...while attending the Bovine Bash.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 01/31/2020 5:04 PM

Thanks Max! Looking forward to it!
Posted By: snakereaper

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 02/04/2020 3:42 AM

Max ... Have a question why do u have the cylinder marked with a marker on the 500 S&W like u had a specific chamber marked on the last episode?

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 02/04/2020 3:38 PM

Originally Posted By: snakereaper
Max ... Have a question why do u have the cylinder marked with a marker on the 500 S&W like u had a specific chamber marked on the last episode?

I tend to mark them in testing just to know which hole is number one. I often forget to clean the mark off. It?s just a reference point for me.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 02/10/2020 8:44 PM

when is the next episode due to be out?

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 02/11/2020 2:44 PM

when is the next episode due to be out?

Should be out already, but Amazon tends to drag their feet.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 02/22/2020 6:09 PM

I READ WHERE THE NEW EPISODE IS UP, Haven't HAD A CHANCE TO VIEW IT YET, UP AT THE HIGHPOINT DOING CHORES.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 02/24/2020 1:28 AM

JUST WATCHED THE NEW EPISODE, GOOD SHOW
Posted By: H2OBUG

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 02/24/2020 2:42 AM

Watched both shows
Well done.

Still believe the 44 Mag & 45 Colt are plenty.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 02/24/2020 3:26 PM

Originally Posted By: H2OBUG
Watched both shows
Well done.

Still believe the 44 Mag & 45 Colt are plenty.

Thank you!

Yeah, but what fun would that be? And yes they kill well, but not nearly as decisively. I have to add that I have been present when the .44 has been used on really large animals and it's not that impressive unless CNS is hit.
Posted By: jamautry

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 02/25/2020 5:38 PM

I used a 44 mag Ruger Redhawk in Australia in 2009. Due to Australia laws I could not import my revolvers but I could use the guide's revolver. It worked and I killed 1 Trophy Bull, 3 Management Bulls, 1 cow, and a hog. The 44 mag worked but resulted in 100-400 yards of tracking. I would have much rather used a 475 or 500.

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 04/04/2020 3:08 PM

Having any more episodes coming out soon?Already watched all of them several times.lmao . Good stuff keep things coming bud.
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 04/04/2020 4:26 PM

Having any more episodes coming out soon?Already watched all of them several times.lmao . Good stuff keep things coming bud.

Me too ! Sheltering in place has me anxious to see more and longer eoisodes !
Posted By: Cergo

Re: "BIG IRON" AMAZON PRIME SHOW - 04/13/2020 2:00 PM

Thank you for suggestion. I will watch Big Iron later today
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums