Handgunhunt

competitor handgun ?

Posted By: jim257

competitor handgun ? - 12/31/2005 2:28 PM

saw this on the links section,looks to work like a lone eagle.price is about the same as a encore or contender.is anyone using one of these?is it worth considering ?(plus the 257 roberts is a standard chambering )jim257
Posted By: XP_Nut

Re: competitor handgun ? - 12/31/2005 11:25 PM

.444 Marlin Competitor

Yep, I have one I Love it!!! I shot this five shot group @ 100 yards with a 240gr XTP and a max listed load of H-322. Not bad if I say so myself at least for me ....LOL using a 2x Leupold. I bet if I had some more X's on the scope. It would drive tac's. If I had to choose between the Competitor or contender/encore I would go with the Competitor! To me it just feels better more like an XP-100. Also for off hand shot's I don't think the T/C's even come close.
Posted By: jim257

Re: competitor handgun ? - 01/01/2006 4:43 PM

that is a sweet group with a 2x scope,thanks for thew input!JIM257
Posted By: KYODE

Re: competitor handgun ? - 01/01/2006 6:03 PM

Quote:

Also for off hand shot's I don't think the T/C's even come close.

i'd say that is a matter of opinion. nuthin could make me more satisfied than a TC fer huntin purposes. no game would be safe within miles o me....if'n i have a tc.
Posted By: GonHuntin

Re: competitor handgun ? - 01/01/2006 10:13 PM

Opinion????Maybe, but it is an opinion I share!

I have contenders, centergrip XP and competitors.......the competitor is, by far, the easiest to shoot offhand!!

I currently have competitor barrels in 22 K-Hornet, 250 savage, 25 Super (25X308) and 338-06 ackley improved.....the competitor "cannon breach" action is much stronger than the encore and somewhat stronger than the XP......they are great guns.....I have never had any problem, but I understand that their customer service is very poor.......
Posted By: Dan B.

Re: competitor handgun ? - 01/01/2006 10:14 PM

What kind of $$ are these selling for?? I know of one locally that is chambered in .308 Winny...been thinking of getting it but they are kind of an odd looking character.
Posted By: KYODE

Re: competitor handgun ? - 01/01/2006 10:47 PM

yep.......purely opinion. i wouldn't trade any one of my TC's fer two of those.

i have absolutely NO trouble shootin a TC offhand.....none whatsoever n about all i shoot are 14"-15" barrels. but hey.......i'm the best i've ever seen.

Quote:

but they are kind of an odd looking character.

LOL.....matter of opinion....but there's one I share.

hey...thats what makes the world go round. personal preference, taste, n opinions vary.....n thats the way it's supposed to be.
Posted By: jb HHI 7241

Re: competitor handgun ? - 01/01/2006 11:39 PM

yep, easiest to shoot off-hand. Common sense.....it's a mid-grip, so the balance is right at the grip.
Dan, 300-400 for the base gun. I still have 4 left, after the 444 found its way to Paul. Very strong actions, and yes, their customer service is very lacking. They are very fun to shoot.

Posted By: Bullelk Hunter

Re: competitor handgun ? - 01/02/2006 1:44 AM

As far as opinions go I offer that any rear grip XP is a bear to shoot off hand, but a dream to shoot in a rested hunting position. The center grip handguns, whatever they are are easiest for me because of the balance but I you'll never get the TC's from me unless it's pried from my cold, dead fingers! IMHO-the Competitor is the butt ugliest to come along in a long time-but they do shoot very well. I have shot one extensively in 7-08 and it shoots as well as my 7-08 TC Encore, but I wouldn't say it shoots better than it-notice I say IMHO because to me it feels top heavy !! An the only thing that should top heavy is a fine woman! LOL! JB-where ya been?
Posted By: jb HHI 7241

Re: competitor handgun ? - 01/02/2006 9:16 AM

been around Ger!!!!!

Saw you joined Specialty Pistols.......!!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums