Handgunhunt

Kim Ralston at Long Range

Posted By: sixshot

Kim Ralston at Long Range - 09/29/2019 5:30 PM

Got a surprise visit from Kim Ralston & his lovely wife Friday since they were doing a western vacation for the first time. He called me from Driggs, Idaho which is just over the Teton mountain range from Jackson Hole, Wyoming.

Kim said they were in the mood for a Huckleberry milk shake & a visit & I said we could take care of both & to go ahead & make the 2 hour drive down.

After getting acquainted for a while we loaded up & headed to the local Arctic Circle which is world famous (almost) for their Huckleberry milk shakes & Karen, an old friend sadly tells me they are OUT of Huckleberries, yikes!

Kim, being a gentleman didn't go for his gun, don't know who he would have shot, me or Karen. Anyway, we had lunch & drove in & around town for a while & then I took them to my favorite long range shooting spot in the river canyon. Many of you who have visited have been there.

I handed Kim my OM 44 flat top with some 246 gr Keith HP's & he started pounding some river rocks out around the 200 yd mark offhand & doing very well, almost every shot was minute of mule deer with a gun he had never fired, he knows his way around a six gun. The last photo is Kim & I at a place called Hooper Springs were the wagon trains coming across the Oregon Trail would stop & get the bubbly, kind of carbonated water & rest their livestock for a few days. Soda Springs was called the Oasis of the west.

Dick
Posted By: KRal

Re: Kim Ralston at Long Range - 09/29/2019 5:56 PM

It was the best free guided tour I ever had! 😜 We really enjoyed the day spent with Dick and Mrs. Ruth Ann - one of the better days on our vacation. Believe it or not, Dick had cast bullets to shoot...lol.
Posted By: 45MAN

Re: Kim Ralston at Long Range - 09/29/2019 6:02 PM

COOL. AND NICE
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Kim Ralston at Long Range - 09/29/2019 6:32 PM

That`s GREAT....
Posted By: Mark Hampton

Re: Kim Ralston at Long Range - 09/29/2019 7:57 PM

I'm insanely jealous! Wish I could have been there to help burn some powder - and enjoy the camaraderie. Looks like you guys had fun!
Posted By: Zee

Re: Kim Ralston at Long Range - 09/29/2019 9:14 PM

Pretty cool.
Posted By: junebug

Re: Kim Ralston at Long Range - 09/30/2019 1:26 AM

My kind of vacation. Like Mark said wish I could have been there.

Re: Kim Ralston at Long Range - 09/30/2019 2:54 AM

It was fun! I'm sure you know just about everyone has a standing invitation to drop in anytime except for Utah fishermen! Oh, this is my oldest son Friday, took him almost 10 minutes to land this whopper on his fly rod & a 6X6 bull & a LOT of cows were just on the other side of the willows & the bull was going nuts bugling.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/rmNhb9ch.mp4[/img]
Sorry, couldn't get the video on here.

Dick
Posted By: tradmark

Re: Kim Ralston at Long Range - 09/30/2019 10:28 PM

That is just beautiful country you live in dick! Wow!
Posted By: Sal vasquez

Re: Kim Ralston at Long Range - 09/30/2019 10:38 PM

I shot that same rock. Probably same gun. Had a great time with Dick
Posted By: Ernie

Re: Kim Ralston at Long Range - 09/30/2019 11:05 PM

Sounds like a great time!
Posted By: BRASF0311

Re: Kim Ralston at Long Range - 09/30/2019 11:18 PM

I agree, that is some beautiful country. Sounds like a great time was had by all. Shooting with friends can't be beat.
Posted By: Randy M

Re: Kim Ralston at Long Range - 10/01/2019 2:45 AM

That's flat out awesome!
Posted By: Bob Roach

Re: Kim Ralston at Long Range - 10/01/2019 12:16 PM

That sounds like a great vacation.
Nice pictures by the way.
I believe you have an excuse to do it again when they have Huckleberry's back on hand for your milk shake.

Bob R
Posted By: Pa. Mike

Re: Kim Ralston at Long Range - 10/01/2019 11:48 PM

Great way to spend a vacation and that area sure is beautiful. Thanks for sharing Dick!
Posted By: PsTaN

Re: Kim Ralston at Long Range - 10/02/2019 1:22 AM

Very cool! Love to meet some of yall myself.
Posted By: racksmasher1

Re: Kim Ralston at Long Range - 10/02/2019 11:34 AM

Good for you guys !
Posted By: reflex264

Re: Kim Ralston at Long Range - 10/03/2019 1:15 PM

Awesome! Looks like y'all had a blast.
Posted By: GlennS

Re: Kim Ralston at Long Range - 10/08/2019 4:20 AM

Great guys! Dick still will not tell me where he lives 🤔

Re: Kim Ralston at Long Range - 10/08/2019 4:49 AM

Glenn knows where I live, he's been here before. Today Scott & Peggy Porter from Wylie, Texas showed up & spent the day. We drove all over & ended up doing some shooting in the river canyon. Great people & a fun time! Enjoyed meeting them.

Dick
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums