Handgunhunt

Winter camouflage question

Posted By: bigbore442001

Winter camouflage question - 12/29/2019 4:30 PM

Hello All:

Now that the deer seasons are all done( at least for me as I have to work up to New Years Eve) the next thing on the hunting menu is the ubiquitous eastern coyote. I hope to put some hurt on them with a 22 KHornet Contender. This does bring up my small inquiry.

I have a two part question. Now that the new year is to begin I intend to hunt each Saturday until March for coyotes and other predators. Since I live in Massachusetts that usually but not always means snow. So my two part question is as follows:

1. What is your favorite type or brand of snow camouflage?

2. What is your favorite type or brand of winter camouflage( when there is no snow on the ground or there may be patches of snow and ice here and there. )

Thank you for any replies to my topic.
Posted By: Bigbrowndog

Re: Winter camouflage question - 12/29/2019 6:07 PM

I?ve found that Your movement is much more important than color of camouflage. Also utilizing a remote caller with a distraction prey attachment helps tremendously. If you are unable to use electronic means, then hang a feather or skin from a low branch that will allow it to move in a breeze.

Trapr
Posted By: Russell

Re: Winter camouflage question - 12/29/2019 6:14 PM

Originally Posted By: Bigbrowndog
I?ve found that Your movement is much more important than color of camouflage. Also utilizing a remote caller with a distraction prey attachment helps tremendously. If you are unable to use electronic means, then hang a feather or skin from a low branch that will allow it to move in a breeze.

Trapr

This has been my experience as well......
Posted By: KYODE

Re: Winter camouflage question - 12/29/2019 6:33 PM

I would be much more thoughtful of wind directions during the hunts. If there are any other trees etc in the landscape, any camo would work just as well, considering you were not moving. Scent will be the most important.
Its ok to look pretty, but not necessary.
Posted By: Walkingthemup

Re: Winter camouflage question - 12/29/2019 8:06 PM

In my world, the words 'snow' and 'favourite' don't exist in the same sentence.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums