Handgunhunt

Hitman In Idaho

Posted By: sixshot

Hitman In Idaho - 06/03/2020 5:06 PM

Is the Hitman slowing down on shooting Groundhogs (Rock Chucks) after quite a few years? This is his third year out here in Idaho & this year he brought GASixgunner (Robert) with him.
Monday was their first day hunting, talked to him that evening & he said he's getting older & the days are getting longer & they only shot #% Chucks for the day & was hoping Tuesday might be a better day.
I always thought the Hitman was a legend, talked to him Tuesday evening & said they had quit a bit early & he wanted to hear Robert snore a litle earlier & they had only shot @# Chucks for the day & was hoping Wednesday would pick up a little bit.
Guess I'll have to let Doc fill in the blanks. He's got to pick it up a bit.......

Dick
Posted By: 45MAN

Re: Hitman In Idaho - 06/03/2020 6:32 PM

DETAILS FROM DOC? COULD HAPPEN.
Posted By: KRal

Re: Hitman In Idaho - 06/03/2020 7:20 PM

I bet they're knocking a dent in the population.

Re: Hitman In Idaho - 06/04/2020 4:16 PM

Talking with Doc a couple of months a go I thought it might be a good idea if he came a bit earlier because of the virus. All of the high school kids were out of school & twice I had seen them riding around in trucks shooting Rock Chucks (Hogs) and told Doc he was going to have his work cut out for him to find any after these young guys got through with them.
Anyway, today is their last day, I'll see them later tonight & see how it went. This is a different type of hunting than back east where it's rolling hills & easy hiking, etc. Hoping he has some good news to report.
Dick
Posted By: Ernie

Re: Hitman In Idaho - 06/04/2020 6:06 PM

Beautiful country that you have there.
I hope they rack them up today.
Posted By: wvhitman

Re: Hitman In Idaho - 06/10/2020 3:07 PM

The hunt is over. We had a great time. Mid 70s each day with 10-15% humidity. Got some new places to hunt.
Robert used a .223 AI XP with 40 gr. BTs & a 6mm International with 70 gr. BTs. I was concerned the .223 load wouldn't work in the 10-20 mph winds each day, but it did great,. Oh, the kids Dick saw shooting at "my place" didn't do so well. We killed 9 in 15 minutes right there.
I used my .22-250 rear grip XP with 50 gr. BTs, VMaxes, ZMaxes, BSTs & a .250 Sav. AI with 85 gr. BTs. All loads did well.
We hunted from 8AM to 6:30 PM daily with a very short lunch break.
The total...I guess we did OK for a couple of old guys- 312! That comes out to one chuck every 12 minutes for 4 days. My right thumb is numb from holding my binos so much and mine and Robert's left thumb has a 1/2" sore from griping our guns firmly. Guess that's the price a handgunner pays for doing his job.
Sorry, but photos won't transfer from photobucket. Other suggestions appreciated.

Re: Hitman In Idaho - 06/10/2020 4:05 PM

Doc, "Hitman" is a hardcore hunter & Robert is cut from the same cloth. These guys take it to another level & it pays off big time. If I remember correctly they went 84 for day one, 56 for day two, 80 for day three & 90 for the last day, at least it was close to that & they never once came back into town for a break.
That's how you get it done out here because it's walking the Lava Reefs & glassing. These Chucks have amazing eye sight & had already been hunted, didn't matter, Doc & Robert hammered them!
Well done guys! Dick

Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: Hitman In Idaho - 06/10/2020 8:10 PM

Wow, that?s impressive !
Posted By: KRal

Re: Hitman In Idaho - 06/11/2020 1:34 AM

If Idaho?s not careful, they?ll have to put the rock chucks on the endangered list -like in West Virginia!
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums