Handgunhunt

Working out Murbach's Single Sixes

Posted By: Craig44

Working out Murbach's Single Sixes - 07/23/2020 9:32 PM

Started out by dropping off the grip frames with Zane Thompson. A few months later, a stunning package arrived!

Then I started using them to beat up my new friends.

We don't get a lot of ground hogs on this end of the state but when we do, I start looking for opportunities to smack `em. It happened one afternoon last week with this little bugger. You guys will remember that last year I got two Single Sixes from the estate of the late, great Terry Murbach. I decided to use the 5?" gun as a .22Mag and had it ready to go. About the only thing that was ready to go when I cracked open the back door of my shop and saw this dude browsing around. I slipped the muzzle past the door and at 35yds the 40gr Winchester JHP did the job. This 1967 model looks good with a dead critter.
\:\)

Now for the 9.5" .22LR. Again, walked out the back door of my shop to do some shooting and immediately a spotted fawn about 50yds to my left caught my attention. Almost instantaneously, as it bolted off, I heard rustling to my right. Turned to look and another ground hog was running out of the brush not 10ft from me. In a dead run, I rolled him at about 20yds. He's a little bigger than the last one but still a smaller example. It's hot and I couldn't keep the flies off him for the picture.

Posted By: kalhoon

Re: Working out Murbach's Single Sixes - 07/23/2020 11:59 PM

Great stuff!
Posted By: Franchise

Re: Working out Murbach's Single Sixes - 07/24/2020 1:08 AM

Craig, those are some nice looking revolvers. Sending a few whistle pigs for a permanent dirt nap is the best way to past the time here in the east.
Posted By: Craig44

Re: Working out Murbach's Single Sixes - 07/24/2020 4:27 PM

It is and apparently the back door to my shop is like the gateway to hell!
Posted By: Mark Hampton

Re: Working out Murbach's Single Sixes - 07/24/2020 7:32 PM

OR - perhaps the Highway to Heaven
\:\)
Posted By: Buckshotharris

Re: Working out Murbach's Single Sixes - 07/24/2020 8:22 PM

Great Shooting! Similar to the Boy Scouts motto but with an addendum. "Always be prepared for Targets of opportunity!" Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: ruger4570

Re: Working out Murbach's Single Sixes - 07/25/2020 9:44 PM

Nice job and nice guns. Every once in a while I will see one in my area. They are actually very tasty.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums