Handgunhunt

Please Help.. Holster Search

Posted By: BKS

Please Help.. Holster Search - 08/13/2020 11:43 PM

I am searching for a holster that will carry a 6? S&W 617/648 with a Leupold Delta Point Pro mounted on it. I want to use these revolvers squirrel hunting and I need a holster.
With a 6? I would think a crossdraw type rig would work best.

Thanks I?m advance
Posted By: ruger4570

Re: Please Help.. Holster Search - 08/15/2020 10:42 AM

Try Simply Rugged. In particular their Chesty Puller system
Posted By: rougerocco

Re: Please Help.. Holster Search - 08/16/2020 1:17 PM

Pistol Packaging Bandito Belt, I have used one for years.. Love it!
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: Please Help.. Holster Search - 08/18/2020 3:10 AM

Originally Posted By: rougerocco
Pistol Packaging Bandito Belt, I have used one for years.. Love it!

I?ve been looking around for a holster combo for my Blackhawk .41 with a reflex sight and I?m gonna call these guys tomorrow. Thanks !
Posted By: jcp161

Re: Please Help.. Holster Search - 08/21/2020 12:42 PM

You won't be sorry on the Pistol Packaging rig. Should never have sold mine. Very versatile.
Posted By: Vance in AK.

Re: Please Help.. Holster Search - 09/11/2020 2:07 AM

I will be the odd man out and say that while my Pistol Packaging Bandido functioned fine I was never really thrilled with it. It felt kinda like a pouch for the gun. The fit was not snug. It didnt really feel like it was made for the gun (it was. I ordered it new.) I finally got a galco Kodiak hunter and would never go back. It truly fits the gun. In fact strangled enough it really fits my 8&3/8 mod 29(red dot), my 7.5" srh 480(red dot) and my 7.5' sbh hunter (scoped).
Unfortunately I don't believe they build them for smaller framed guns but I guess my point is I think there are better options than PP. The PP does serve the purpose though!!!
Posted By: Buckshotharris

Re: Please Help.. Holster Search - 09/12/2020 10:53 PM

BKS,
Check out Diamond "D" Leather Site. Looks like Quality Stuff. Someone on this site recommended them on an earlier post.
Posted By: Teep

Re: Please Help.. Holster Search - 09/13/2020 12:58 AM

I chose a leather holster from TonyU Leathergood for only $32.39 shipped from Esty. The holster is a little rough but made of heavy leather and put together reasonably well, even has a leather patch sewn over the back of the snap to keep it from rubbing the trigger guard. I cut out a slot for the sight, sanded all the rough edges, and burnished them a little. I did the same thing to an Uncle Mike holster but the plastic strap on the back split in less than a year.
http://www.handgunhunt.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=10501&limit=recent
http://www.handgunhunt.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=10502&limit=recent
Posted By: elkdozer

Re: Please Help.. Holster Search - 09/23/2020 1:59 AM

X2 for Diamond D Leather, I bought the Guides Choice chest holster with a bandolier for my Anconda and love it.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums