Handgunhunt

260 scores again

Posted By: reflex264

260 scores again - 12/21/2020 1:42 PM

Kidney stones ran me out of the woods Saturday. I realized I left my safety strap at the stand. I felt so bad I wasn't sure I could drive when I got down. I was driving to the stand to get it when a deer stepped out on top of the bluff. I got my binos up and it was a 140+" buck I named Marv. Unable to do anything about it but watch he passed within 10 yards of the stand I had just left. I laid up all day and gave birth later to these:

Matt and I went yesterday and I passed on a buck that probably scores 120. A bunch of does came out and I shot this one. She is actually bigger than she looks in the pic. Probably 4 years old. Shot her at 149 yards with the .260 and 140gr Partition.

Posted By: gunslingerdad

Re: 260 scores again - 12/21/2020 2:40 PM

That's a nice big nanny doe. alot of good eating there. Hopefully that will be the last of the stones. that kind of thing can definitely change your mind as to what takes priority. you will get another crack on him.
Posted By: reflex264

Re: 260 scores again - 12/21/2020 3:08 PM

Originally Posted By: gunslingerdad
That's a nice big nanny doe. alot of good eating there. Hopefully that will be the last of the stones. that kind of thing can definitely change your mind as to what takes priority. you will get another crack on him.

I am an expert at passing kidney stones! LOL
So many in my left kidney they couldn't count them but all small enough to pass so no blasting. I have probably passed 40 in the last year.
Posted By: Russell

Re: 260 scores again - 12/21/2020 4:16 PM

Really giving the .260 a workout. Congrats!
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: 260 scores again - 12/21/2020 10:50 PM

Good shooting! Putting an Encore in a picture with an animal always makes it look smaller because we tend to forget how big those handguns can be.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums