Handgunhunt

Great Weekend Hunting

Posted By: bscott

Great Weekend Hunting - 12/27/2020 11:49 PM

This was a great weekend of hunting for me. It's not too many times you will here me say this. Everything went together as planned, bucks were moving all weekend. This morning I listened to the spirit with not giving up on a certain spot. Well exactly 7:15 this morning, I spotted him slipping thru the trees. Just that he was quite a distance from me to place a good shot on him. Way too far of a shot to take on a animal of such a caliber, so I did the next best thing which was let him go. The season isn't over for us and I know I will get another shot at him. I've been chasing this buck along with another one all season.
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: Great Weekend Hunting - 12/28/2020 12:01 AM

As we all know, ya don't have to kill something to have a great day afield.

Well done!!

Re: Great Weekend Hunting - 12/28/2020 12:10 AM

I know it's just so hard explaining that to someone who doesn't hunt. It's just the thrill for me just being in the woods enjoying nature
Posted By: Okie Hunter

Re: Great Weekend Hunting - 12/28/2020 1:54 AM

A guy can learn a lot just sitting in the woods watching God's wonder.
Posted By: 45MAN

Re: Great Weekend Hunting - 12/28/2020 1:55 AM

I PASSED ON A MATURE 9 POINTER YESTERDAY AFTERNOON IN PART BECAUSE I KNOW THERE ARE BETTER ON THAT AREA OF THE LEASE, BUT ALSO IN PART BECAUSE I WANTED AN EXCUSE TO HUNT SOME MORE. WOODS TIME IS WONDERFUL TIME.

Re: Great Weekend Hunting - 12/28/2020 3:01 AM

Great excuse,Awesome!
Posted By: reflex264

Re: Great Weekend Hunting - 12/28/2020 1:44 PM

The woods..............perfect excuse.
Posted By: KRal

Re: Great Weekend Hunting - 12/28/2020 1:56 PM

Hang with it, Brandon. Just being able to see a mature buck during daylight hours ,in the south, is a great accomplishment!
Posted By: Brenden

Re: Great Weekend Hunting - 12/28/2020 2:28 PM

Glad you are able to get out and enjoy yourself. I do hope you get a crack at the big boy.
Posted By: junebug

Re: Great Weekend Hunting - 12/28/2020 2:57 PM

To not give up on a spot, and to not try to force a shot when the shot is not there takes maturity and heart. To be able to enjoy the encounter, and give him a tip of the hat because he won this time, takes a hunters spirit. It shows the true heart of a hunter.
Posted By: T Pull

Re: Great Weekend Hunting - 12/29/2020 3:33 AM

! When it all comes together it?s hard to describe. Good luck!
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Great Weekend Hunting - 12/30/2020 3:12 AM

You made the right choice. It's tempting when you're staring down one of those rare opportunities, when that little voice in the back of your mind is telling you "Come on, you can make that shot!" but you know it's not right to risk it.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums