Handgunhunt

Wife hunts with a handgun?

Posted By: gunslingerdad

Wife hunts with a handgun? - 01/12/2021 8:28 PM

Well I have seen very few photos of ladies with their Handgun kills. How many of you have wives, girlfriends or daughters that hunt with handguns?
Posted By: Mark Hampton

Re: Wife hunts with a handgun? - 01/12/2021 11:33 PM

My wife hunts with an Encore in 41 Mag. during Missouri's Alternative Method season. She has taken several does the last few years with this handgun.
Posted By: 45MAN

Re: Wife hunts with a handgun? - 01/13/2021 1:08 AM

MAYBE I SHOULD NOT SAY THIS, AND I GUESS I AM JUST LUCKY, BUT THANK GOD MY WIFE DOESN'T HUNT NOR EVER GO TO THE DEER LEASE. SHE GOES WITH ME TO OUR RANCH ONCE IN A WHILE, BUT PRETTY MUCH STAYS OUT OF THE WAY. HEY, ONCE IN A WHILE GUYS NEED TO GET AWAY.

Re: Wife hunts with a handgun? - 01/13/2021 4:15 AM

I hear that a lot from guys that want some time to themselves. "you mean you have to hunt with your wife?" seems to be the second biggest comment.
She hunts as hard as anyone I have hunted with so it is not a burden.
who doesn't want another hunter to be successful.
Posted By: Raptortrapper

Re: Wife hunts with a handgun? - 01/13/2021 5:03 AM

My wife is awesome. She doesn't hunt with a handgun, but she hunts hard, and shoots straight. I enjoy having her, and she puts food in the freezer as well. A squirrel was barking at her and her mom on a walk one time, and her mom said, "Can you shoot that stupid thing?" So she did... with a glock 23 in 40 S&W (her EDC gun).
Posted By: rob-c

Re: Wife hunts with a handgun? - 01/13/2021 11:40 AM

My wife is my hunting buddy, Her implements are Hoyt vector 32 that I built for her and had custom dipped in muddygirl camo , a Gp-100 357 with a utradot red dot and her rifle is a Weatherby Camilla in 7-08.She rotates between the revolver and rifle in firearms season . I get enjoyment out of her story?s of the hunt as I like seeing the excitement and expressions on her face telling me what she had seen that hunt.
Posted By: karl

Re: Wife hunts with a handgun? - 01/13/2021 2:56 PM

My wife is happy to let me hunt and shoot but unfortunately doesn't participate.
Posted By: Snowwolfe

Re: Wife hunts with a handgun? - 01/13/2021 3:06 PM

My wife hunts more days for deer on our property than I do. But she cant hit squat with a handgun.
Posted By: H2OBUG

Re: Wife hunts with a handgun? - 01/13/2021 3:09 PM

My wife hunts with a credit card.
Posted By: Franchise

Re: Wife hunts with a handgun? - 01/13/2021 7:01 PM

Well....I actually enjoy spending time with my beautiful wife, so...I'm truly blessed that she hunts with a handgun. She's actually taken many WT deer with various handguns.
Posted By: cmnash

Re: Wife hunts with a handgun? - 01/14/2021 1:09 AM

I am very fortunate to have a wife that is an avid hunter. She has used a handgun on occasion. She is even a member here.

Posted By: Bob Roach

Re: Wife hunts with a handgun? - 01/14/2021 1:38 AM

My wife has taken a couple deer over the years with our 6.5x30JDJ Contender Super 14. She has also hunted for 35 years with a Browning BBR in 270 with a Leupold 2.5-10. A story goes with the Leupold scope. Her first year hunting with me she was using a 100 Winchester in 308 with an old Weaver 4X scope on it. I had her do some fire form practice with a Browning A Bolt in 257 Roberts AI with a new Leupold 2.5-10 scope on it. She informed me that before the next deer season she wanted a scope she could see through on her deer rifle. She could tell the difference between the old Weaver and the Leupold way back then. That is when I got her the BBR with the Leupold scope on it.

Bob R
Posted By: Memtb460

Re: Wife hunts with a handgun? - 01/18/2021 11:14 PM

Though she?s not a handgun hunter, I am thankful that my wife hunts. With one possible exception.....almost all of her kills have been nicer trophies than mine! She?s walked many miles hunting for deer, elk, moose, bear and has helped backpack many pounds of meat back to the vehicle. If the country wasn?t to steep......more than a few elk quarters came out on her backpack! memtb
Posted By: muddydog

Re: Wife hunts with a handgun? - 01/19/2021 2:58 AM

Been married for 36 years, at first I tried to introduce her to hunting but she didn't like it. Now years later I actually enjoy my hunting time alone. She has her things she does. It's worked for us and I don't have to share my gun money!
Posted By: PythonHunter

Re: Wife hunts with a handgun? - 01/20/2021 10:21 PM

No. I?ve tried to get my wife to go hunting, even if just for the exercise, no luck. Fortunately, she has moved away from the fence and realizes that the future may be a bit scary, and is now ready to shoot and carry a handgun. I doubt that I will ever get her to hunt, but this is a start.

Re: Wife hunts with a handgun? - 01/20/2021 10:57 PM

I have found there is no right or wrong on this question. so guys dont want their wife to hunt because it is their time. Others want
them to but they wont. And as I tell Dawn she is the total package and loves that she spends time in the field with me and puts meat in the freezer!

I was recently referred to as a bad caveman cause my wife killed a hog and was the provider and I was basically the chauffer and dishwasher!
\:\)
I told him I was glad she killed one as the pressure to get a hog was off of me. I can now relax and enjoy the hunt.
Posted By: junebug

Re: Wife hunts with a handgun? - 01/21/2021 5:14 AM

My wife has hunted with me for 25+ years[rifle 6.5 swede]. I cannot think of a better hunting partner. I consider myself to have had a good season when she gets her deer, whatever I kill is a bonus!
Posted By: Willicd76

Re: Wife hunts with a handgun? - 01/22/2021 1:16 PM

It?s all in fun Dave. You?re at least an average caveman.
I?ll tell you this, I sure as heck want you on my side in a handgun fight!

Re: Wife hunts with a handgun? - 01/24/2021 10:22 PM

thanks Chuck, I can cook and do dishes with the best of them! Having you come back into camp with a dead hog with your 44 mag after everyone else couldn't do it over feeders, I want to be on your side.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums