Handgunhunt

Ready for opening morning

Posted By: longhunter

Ready for opening morning - 05/15/2021 11:10 PM

Yep! Opening morning for squirrels next saturday here in Missouri, most guys get excited about deer or turkey season openers, for me it's squirrels. Took all the girls out for sight in, a couple of them are new to me, and almost everyone got new shoes. I think we are good to go just have to decide who's going first.

Posted By: 45MAN

Re: Ready for opening morning - 05/15/2021 11:59 PM

HEAD SHOTS AS USUAL?

Re: Ready for opening morning - 05/16/2021 1:41 AM

Originally Posted By: 45MAN
HEAD SHOTS AS USUAL?

Thats the plan!
Posted By: gunslingerdad

Re: Ready for opening morning - 05/16/2021 3:12 AM

Get after them!
Posted By: Butch Cassidy

Re: Ready for opening morning - 05/16/2021 1:20 PM

That's a lot of eye candy in one post!
\:\)
Good luck.
Posted By: Memtb460

Re: Ready for opening morning - 05/16/2021 1:44 PM

Wow.....Squirrel season open in May! I’m accustomed to Fall hunting seasons! I didn’t realize than there were Summer hunting seasons for Squirrels!

Good Luck and have an enjoyable hunt. Maybe you can take out a few Copperheads and a rattler or two while you’re out! memtb
Posted By: Zee

Re: Ready for opening morning - 05/16/2021 1:58 PM

Wow! That’s a nice selection!
Posted By: ruger4570

Re: Ready for opening morning - 05/17/2021 8:33 PM

You may have a tough decision on your opening day choice of guns. Nice assortment.
Posted By: KYODE

Re: Ready for opening morning - 05/17/2021 9:12 PM

Very nice!

Dont like a scope with some magnification?

Re: Ready for opening morning - 05/18/2021 12:03 AM

Originally Posted By: KYODE
Very nice!

Dont like a scope with some magnification?

No, too much movement in the eye piece for me,I get close enough that I dont need a scope. In the spring with all the leaves I can usually get right under the same tree they are in.
Posted By: Chance Weldon

Re: Ready for opening morning - 05/20/2021 1:54 AM

Shoot, I've been so busy lately I forgot all about spring squirrel season. Might be nice to spend a morning in the woods this weekend to relax for the first time in a while.
Posted By: Sawfish

Re: Ready for opening morning - 05/20/2021 8:13 PM

Keeping your eyes on the tree you can find more copperheads that way. Nice pistols!
Posted By: RH Custom Guns

Re: Ready for opening morning - 05/21/2021 6:21 PM

I love squirrel hunting! I am blessed to live in a part of TX where we can hunt them year round if we want. We always go for head shots, too. Such good practice. Great eating, too.

I knew an 'ol boy who called anything that wasn't a head shot a "gut-shot." You could make a great shot through the ribs and damage very little meat and he'd say, "You gut shot 'em!"

Re: Ready for opening morning - 05/21/2021 8:44 PM

Originally Posted By: RH Custom Guns
I love squirrel hunting! I am blessed to live in a part of TX where we can hunt them year round if we want. We always go for head shots, too. Such good practice. Great eating, too.

I knew an 'ol boy who called anything that wasn't a head shot a "gut-shot." You could make a great shot through the ribs and damage very little meat and he'd say, "You gut shot 'em!"

Anything further back than the neck is a gut shot or a ruined squirrel as far as I am concerned.
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Ready for opening morning - 05/22/2021 12:07 AM

you sure as hell ain`t undergunned..........
\:o

Re: Ready for opening morning - 05/22/2021 3:28 PM

Well no squirrel hunt this morning, rains coming down like a cow pissin' on a flat rock. This will be the eighth or ninth day in a row for this crap, not supposed to rain tomorrow until the afternoon so maybe I can get out in the morning.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums