Handgunhunt

HHI Hunts

Posted By: RH Custom Guns

HHI Hunts - 06/30/2021 1:35 PM

I'm working on getting some HHI hunts on the calendar. I'd love to hear from you potential members what kind of hunts you'd be most likely to participate in. Any info you can share regarding species, location, and price would go a long way towards putting together something we could all enjoy. Also, if you have any resources that could help (outfitters, landowners, etc.) let me know.
Posted By: bearskinner

Re: HHI Hunts - 06/30/2021 2:37 PM

The HHI Antelope hunts were great, although I only made a couple. You may want to contact a place in the south, that offers lodging, meals, lots of hogs, and other critters, at reasonable prices. Some exotics at more of a premium, so it will appeal to a larger spectrum of hunters, both old farts like me, and entice newer hunters to go. By using a “lodge” type hunt, you won’t be responsible for everything. Maybe put on a raffle, or time to try different firearms at a on site range. The time spent with others is just as precious as time in the field.
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: HHI Hunts - 07/01/2021 6:20 PM

Originally Posted By: bearskinner
The HHI Antelope hunts were great, although I only made a couple. You may want to contact a place in the south, that offers lodging, meals, lots of hogs, and other critters, at reasonable prices. Some exotics at more of a premium, so it will appeal to a larger spectrum of hunters, both old farts like me, and entice newer hunters to go. By using a “lodge” type hunt, you won’t be responsible for everything. Maybe put on a raffle, or time to try different firearms at a on site range. The time spent with others is just as precious as time in the field.
Posted By: jamautry

Re: HHI Hunts - 07/05/2021 5:10 AM

I will recommend going with a Texas Hog Hunt. The are generally budget friendly and due to the year round nature are easier to schedule. In addition you can generally take more than one hog, that will allow people to experiment with different loads or different guns on the same hunt. West Texas generally has the best prices. I really like Shackleford County. As for time of year, I have always preferred February, around President's Day
Posted By: Shortgun

Re: HHI Hunts - 07/14/2021 12:46 PM

In 2005 a friend of mine and I went to White Oak Plantation in Alabama on a handgun only deer hunt. There were several gun writers there, a few firearm reps there and various other reps from the hunting industry. It was fun to get to talk to some of those folks and share. At the end of hunt they had a drawing and 3 custom handguns were given away as well as other goodies. I won my first trail camera there. My friend won a Freedom Arms .500 Wy. Express. I don’t think that are doing this anymore and last I heard they are only offering just a few hunts now. But there’s several other outfits that are in Alabama.
My .02
Posted By: Franchise

Re: HHI Hunts - 07/14/2021 5:47 PM

Good Luck!!!! Putting together a group hunt and satisfying everyone is one of the most difficult things ever to be done....some folks only want free range, some folks aren't spending their money without the guarantee of seeing game, some want a five star resort and to be pampered, some want a physical challenge, some can't handle a physical challenge, and EVERYONE wants it to be DIRT CHEAP. Good Luck!!
Posted By: jwp475

Re: HHI Hunts - 07/15/2021 2:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Franchise
Good Luck!!!! Putting together a group hunt and satisfying everyone is one of the most difficult things ever to be done....some folks only want free range, some folks aren't spending their money without the guarantee of seeing game, some want a five star resort and to be pampered, some want a physical challenge, some can't handle a physical challenge, and EVERYONE wants it to be DIRT CHEAP. Good Luck!!

LOL
Posted By: KRal

Re: HHI Hunts - 07/15/2021 12:50 PM

So, it’s like cooking steaks at a family gathering?!? Lol

Re: HHI Hunts - 07/15/2021 3:05 PM

Pretty much....and I like mine rare...hahaha!!
Posted By: Vance in AK.

Re: HHI Hunts - 07/18/2021 4:06 AM

Originally Posted By: KRal

So, it’s like cooking steaks at a family gathering?!? Lol

You show them the fire & hand them their raw meat to cook themselves... Then it's all the butcher & ranchers faults
;\)

Re: HHI Hunts - 07/18/2021 10:33 PM

🤣😂 that's a great idea.....but, it's honestly very hard, this day and time to get a group together to hunt. I think that I've heard every complaint and excuse in the book....
Posted By: RH Custom Guns

Re: HHI Hunts - 07/19/2021 3:10 PM

We have the first HHI hunt on the books. It's a Texas hog hunt next Spring!

Re: HHI Hunts - 07/19/2021 7:20 PM

AWESOME!!!! That's Great news!

Re: HHI Hunts - 11/20/2021 3:16 PM

I see there’s a second hunt planned on the HHI website.
Hopefully they are well attended and go off without too many issues.
Posted By: Sawfish

Re: HHI Hunts - 11/23/2021 7:11 PM

Two very important considerations are location and price. Texas is centrally located and has long seasons. It also offers reasonably priced over the counter licenses, and most ranches offer management hunts and exotic hunts which are less expensive.. All big pluses for the Lone Star State.

Re: HHI Hunts - 01/29/2022 3:47 PM

The 3rd hunt, an HHI Africa hunt.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums