Handgunhunt

Guess I'm only using the Optima this muzzleloader season

Posted By: Chance Weldon

Guess I'm only using the Optima this muzzleloader season - 11/03/2021 2:10 AM

Muzzleloader season starts Saturday, and I haven't found any Blackhorn 209 for my Encore muzzleloader pistol, which is my primary handgun for hunting during muzzleloader season. All my usual stores have sold out of it and I let my dad borrow what I had for his muzzleloader. I know, "You should have bought some earlier in the year when it was available". Yeah, yeah, I know, but I thought I'd had an extra canister, and with everything going on I've barely had time to tend to even my regular hunting handguns, let alone the muzzleloading ones.

That said, I've got some supplies to sight in the Optima pistol. Since it has open sights, I'll have to keep to a relatively close range, but since I got two bucks last season and haven't been seeing many shooters lately, I won't mind being limited to about 30 yards.
Posted By: gunslingerdad

Re: Guess I'm only using the Optima this muzzleloader season - 11/03/2021 1:35 PM

good luck with the MZ, hope you get a big one.
Posted By: nannyhammer

Re: Guess I'm only using the Optima this muzzleloader season - 11/03/2021 8:20 PM

I regurally find it at Walmart. I normally snag a couple pounds after season when they mark it down.
Posted By: Walkingthemup

Re: Guess I'm only using the Optima this muzzleloader season - 11/03/2021 9:00 PM

Was Blackhorn one of the powders produced at the factory Hodgdon closed down?
Posted By: RSW

Re: Guess I'm only using the Optima this muzzleloader season - 11/05/2021 12:16 AM

Good luck and I’m glad to be back on here! It’s been awhile.
Posted By: racksmasher1

Re: Guess I'm only using the Optima this muzzleloader season - 11/13/2021 6:49 PM

Blackhorn 209 is hard to come by these days.
Posted By: H2OBUG

Re: Guess I'm only using the Optima this muzzleloader season - 11/13/2021 11:28 PM

https://alphaguncenter.com/product/blackhorn-209/
Posted By: Shortgun

Re: Guess I'm only using the Optima this muzzleloader season - 11/17/2021 1:13 PM

I took a good 8 with my T/C G2 209 x 45 ML pistol but I can’t figure out how to post a picture. Help would be appreciated.
Thanks
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums