Handgunhunt

Score with the Target Bulldog

Posted By: reflex264

Score with the Target Bulldog - 12/13/2021 1:52 PM

One of my favorite guns. Mrs. Ecker(owners of Charter Arms) approved the replacement of a 4.2" gun with a bad forcing cone and let me upgrade to a 5" gun
at no charge when they still had them. I have had it for several years. The gun is a legit tack driver. 250gr Keith over 9.4grs blue dot crimped over the driving band. 852fps and super accurate. 25 yard shot. She was nervous and jumped right the second I pulled the trigger. Bullet hit her in the neck.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: Drycreek3189

Re: Score with the Target Bulldog - 12/13/2021 4:25 PM

Years ago I had an Undercover .38 special with a 2” barrel. That was one of the most accurate handguns I have ever owned.
Posted By: jcp161

Re: Score with the Target Bulldog - 12/14/2021 1:16 PM

Very nice!!

Well done.

John
Posted By: Zee

Re: Score with the Target Bulldog - 12/14/2021 11:48 PM

Good looking gun. Well done.
That’s a hell of a crimp!
Posted By: reflex264

Re: Score with the Target Bulldog - 12/16/2021 12:01 AM

The crimp is necessary to get this to work correctly. It is all the way over the driving band. I tried a simple fold and velocity was only 712fps. My uncle shot handgun silhouette for years. He actually taught us this. He used the same bullet in 44 magnums usually with unique seated deep and crimped over the band. In some guns that won't get satisfactory results crimped in the groove you can deep seat them and reduce the powder charge and the instantly start shooting. My target velocity was 850fps. I reduced the powder charge and worked back up till the chrony showed 852 fps. Single digit ES. Very mild compared to shooting the Skeeter load in a Charter.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums