Handgunhunt

Things in the woods

Posted By: longhunter

Things in the woods - 01/08/2023 7:55 PM

Drug all kinds of stuff home this morning.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: karl

Re: Things in the woods - 01/09/2023 3:28 PM

That looks like a fun morning walk with lots of treasures!
Posted By: gunslingerdad

Re: Things in the woods - 01/13/2023 1:51 PM

always cool to bring home something else. Unfortunately, I pack more trash out of the woods than anything else. good job on the tree rats.
Posted By: Bob Roach

Re: Things in the woods - 01/14/2023 12:38 PM

When the wife and I Kayak or Canoe on the river we always manage to fill a sack with trash.
We do the same thing riding our side by side in the woods behind the house. We pick up pop and beer cans. This has slowed down over the years however. The property has changed hands, and gates have went up. With less trash being generated, I believe we have picked up most of the cans close to trails we ride.

How do you cook the squirrels?

Bob R
Posted By: gunslingerdad

Re: Things in the woods - 01/16/2023 5:36 PM

I hear all sorts of recipes for squirrel that includes gravy and such. I have since went to just throwing them in the smoker for a few hours with either hickory or mesquite chips for some smoke flavor. you can either peel it off the carcass and make an appetizing meal of it or just go mountain man on it and chew it off the bone. dont take much chewing as it is so tender it comes off really easy.
made a batch of these for our trap team kids and ran a skewer through them so they didnt burn their hands and coined it rat on a stick! still have the old team members bring that up to this day and said they would gladly eat more.
Posted By: longhunter

Re: Things in the woods - 03/09/2023 5:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bob Roach
When the wife and I Kayak or Canoe on the river we always manage to fill a sack with trash.
We do the same thing riding our side by side in the woods behind the house. We pick up pop and beer cans. This has slowed down over the years however. The property has changed hands, and gates have went up. With less trash being generated, I believe we have picked up most of the cans close to trails we ride.

How do you cook the squirrels?

Bob R

http://www.backwoodsbound.com/zsquir.html
Posted By: Bob Roach

Re: Things in the woods - 03/11/2023 3:52 AM

Seventy Seven Squirrel Recipe's, who would have thought the list would be that long.

Bob R
Posted By: reflex264

Re: Things in the woods - 03/14/2023 2:29 PM

You never cease to amaze me with your squirrel hunting. Head shooting squirrels would have to be towards the top of the list of hunting difficulty.
Posted By: SCARPETTA

Re: Things in the woods - 05/25/2023 4:40 PM

Productive morning
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums