Handgunhunt

Need Holster Help

Posted By: TomC

Need Holster Help - 11/13/2006 3:53 AM

Hi guys,

I need to find out who makes a crossdraw holster for my Bisley Hunter for use without the scope. Any ideas?? Thanks
Posted By: hntrjohn

Re: Need Holster Help - 11/13/2006 4:03 AM

I bought a DeSantis dual angle which is for strong hand or crossdraw. If you go with this model or any snug leather holster be sure to put your gun in a sock and stuff it into the holster for sizing. Leave it sit like this for at least 24 hrs. or more if you like. Galco also makes a nice crossdraw called the SAO (single action only) I have one for my 4 5/8 blackhawk. Either of these are very good quality. A bit costly but worth the security/safety of a high dollar firearm.
Posted By: s4s4u

Re: Need Holster Help - 11/13/2006 1:47 PM

Hunter makes an affordable crossdraw holster, Model #2400. At Midway USA it is item #316711. $27.49, but special order only, you can find it elsewhere though if in a hurry. Rod.
Posted By: JD HHI 6092

Re: Need Holster Help - 11/13/2006 1:56 PM

I had Mernickle Custom Holsters make one for my Magnaport Custom Blackhawk. I can wear it stong side or cross draw.
There is a picture of it in an article I wrote.

Customize your Blackhawk
Posted By: cyberhick

Re: Need Holster Help - 11/13/2006 3:14 PM

Wild Bill makes a sweet crossdraw hunting holster, http://www.wildbillsconcealment.com . I don't know for sure if he does for the Bisley Hunter, but he does for just about anything else so i would imagine he does. Also, try Gary Reeder, http://www.reedercustomguns.com/ , he has crossdraw holsters for all rugers.
Posted By: TomC

Re: Need Holster Help - 11/13/2006 7:29 PM

Thanks guys. I checked ou the ones you suggested. Now to make a decision. Thanks again.
Posted By: Tigger

Re: Need Holster Help - 11/14/2006 12:44 AM

I like the Bandito holster and belt from Pistol Pcakaging. I have one for my SRH without a scope. Here is the link;

PISTOL PACKAGING

The holster fits my SRH like a glove and the shoulder belt is very comfortable to wear.

Posted By: wapitirod

Re: Need Holster Help - 11/14/2006 2:38 AM

I bought two for each of my Reeder customs from Reeder but all I know is he said they are made by the same outfit that makes them for FA. They are very comfortable and secure but through Reeder I paid 100.00 each so you might be able to get a better deal somewhere else if you can find out who makes them.
Posted By: Gary

Re: Need Holster Help - 11/14/2006 2:59 AM

Tom, I have a bisley hunter and I tried it in my Freedom Arms cross draw holster for my 4.75" model 83; it has an open end. It fits nicely and would be very surprised if the 7.5 inch version of the FA holster didn't fit perfectly as well. They make a very high quality holster and the cross draw model is one of the few that I've seen that doesn't flop around when you wear it. FA sells them for $69.95
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums