Handgunhunt

Videos or DVDs

Posted By: geo01

Videos or DVDs - 02/11/2007 12:02 PM

Can anyone tell me if there are any videos or DVDs avaliable on handgun hunting? I already have an old one from Pachmeyer & a series from Kisan productions but was hoping that there might be some new ones out by now.
Posted By: JD HHI 6092

Re: Videos or DVDs - 02/11/2007 5:16 PM

I have all the ones by Kisan and the one by Pachmyer. I aslo have one called Short Barrel Bucks and one called Hand-Gunning Africa.
A buddy who hunts a lot sends me videos of some of his hunts. I have his grizzly hunt on DVD. He took his bear with one shot from his 375 JDJ.

Re: Videos or DVDs - 02/11/2007 11:48 PM

Can you give me some details on where I might be able to buy the Short Barrel Bucks & Hand-gunning Africa videos?
Posted By: JD HHI 6092

Re: Videos or DVDs - 02/12/2007 1:11 AM

Click here for Handgunning-Africa. Short Barreled bucks was giving to me by one of the guys on SP forums. I had a hard time trying to find it.
Posted By: encoreguy

Re: Videos or DVDs - 02/13/2007 3:38 PM

You might want to look at T/C Game trails TV DVD's there is some handgun hunts along with muzzleloader and rifle. You can order them directly from Thompson Center's web site. There are enough handgun hunts to keep you entertained. I enjoyed them. All handgun hunts are done with an Encore, I believe in 30-06.
Posted By: Ravenman

Re: Videos or DVDs - 04/06/2007 6:34 PM

Years ago I could buy a Hundgun Hunting video of the late Bob Milek. Great stuff and running time is about 1 hour. Many pronghorn hunts in Wyoming with different cartridges. Bob Milek and his son used XP 100 and Contender guns. Maybe there are some copies still out there. Worth every dollar to get a copie.

Re: Videos or DVDs - 04/07/2007 8:05 AM

Thanks for that Ravenman, don't suppose anyone out there knows of where I might be able to get a copy of the Bob Milek video? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Videos or DVDs - 04/08/2007 9:43 AM

Geo01
Got the Bob Milek Handgun hunting video from Pronghorn Productions, P.O.Box 703, Lander WY 82520. Maybe they are still in business and you can get a DVD or the video.
Hope this helps.
Posted By: Ernie

Re: Videos or DVDs - 04/08/2007 12:06 PM

Let me know if the milek video is still available

Re: Videos or DVDs - 04/09/2007 2:51 AM

Once again thanks for the response, I have just done a quick web search and come across a company of the same name although they now have a different address. Waiting on a reply to my e-mail. They don't have the video listed on their site but hopefully thay might still stock copies of it. Will let you know how I go "XP Hunter". Have seen both good and bad responses to the Handgunning Africa video by Whiplash Productions, what is the general thought out there is it worth laying down money for?
Posted By: Gary

Re: Videos or DVDs - 04/09/2007 3:26 AM

I wasn't too impressed with it.

Re: Videos or DVDs - 04/09/2007 3:27 AM

Just had a very quick reponse to my e-mail and it seems that they are not the same Pronghorn Productions as listed by "Ravenman". As it will take a while for a letter to get from Australia to the U.S, can any one over there check to see if the company at the address listed by "Ravenman" is still around or if there is any other way of buying a copy of the video?

Re: Videos or DVDs - 12/26/2007 7:43 PM

Some more infos about the Bob Milek handgun hunting video. Hope this helps. A great video from a great man!

Posted By: tc338elk

Re: Videos or DVDs - 12/27/2007 7:18 PM

I would like to see more handgun hunting videos as well. Do you think a letter writing campaign to various handgun manufacturers and related shooting industry companies would help? With so many gun-grabbers out to get our guns, a little positive PR on various uses of handguns. Do you think it would be a good thing for handgun makers to produce handgun hunting and shooting videos showing all various phases of handgun uses? I would love to see T/C S&W, Ruger, etc all put their resources together to produce such videos, to include a special Handgun Hunting segment for example (regular program) on the Outdoor Channel.

What are you thoughts our there?
Posted By: Andyhunter

Re: Videos or DVDs - 12/27/2007 10:15 PM

i found a couple on line:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=251661&t=11082005

and

http://www.pistolwhipvideo.com/

Anyone know anything about these? Are they worht the cash???

Andy

Re: Videos or DVDs - 12/27/2007 10:21 PM

I just found this site:

http://www.huntflix.com/default.php

I have never heard of it before, but they seem to have alot of videos and dvd's, but only one hangun hunting one: Handgun Hunting by Hal Swiggett. You can rent it or buy it for $24.95.
I might have to try these guys out and see how the rental thing goes....

Re: Videos or DVDs - 12/28/2007 2:41 PM

Andyhunter,
Handgun Hunting by Hal Swiggett is very nice. But more about Handgun Hunting history than real life hunting. Has a few exotic handgun hunts and some infos of J.D.Jones. Would first rent.

Re: Videos or DVDs - 12/29/2007 5:36 AM

I was supprised to see this topic up and running again. Thanks Ravenman for the follow up. As I said in my last reply, it's great to have the mailing address but as it will take a bit of time for a letter to get from Australia to the US and then if no reply is received, there is no way of knowing if it even arrived in the first place. Is it possible for someone over there to see if they have a phone number or e-mail address that I can use? I agree with TC338Elk about there being a market for more Videos/DVDs on the sport. Every web site I have looked at has a truckload of tapes & discs on pretty much every style of hunting avaliable except for handgun hunting. Andyhunter, I don't know if the Swiggett video is the same as the Pachmeyer one that I have but if so from memory it is worth it. The Pistol Whip one is a bit grainy vision wise and a tad "cheesy" but still better than watching nothing in my opinion.
A belated Christmas wish to everyone over there from the land of OZ and hoping that the New Year brings you all that you hope and wish for.
Geo
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/09/2008 5:51 AM

I just received the pistol-whip handgunning africa, I ordered it direct through the mail and had it in 3 days. I think it is a pretty decent video, it does deal strictly with the FA 454 but I'm a wheelgunner so I liked it. I also ordered the Pachmayr Handgun Hunting dvd from Midway and it too is a decent film although part of it is a sales pitch for the pachmayr dominator conversion, but all in all it was decent. I think you guys would probably like them, I have a fair sized hunting video library so I often buy them before watching them.

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/09/2008 6:04 AM

I went to this address and looked for a Bob Mileks pronghorn video and Short barrel bucks. I obviously didn't find them but at the bottom of the page is a spot to ask for videos not listed. I asked about the two mentioned and any other handgun hunting videos they can get. My thought here is that if a bunch of us request the same thing, maybe they will find us those videos and maybe some we don't even know about. here is the address again. http://www.huntflix.com/default.php
Posted By: Tigger

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/09/2008 4:43 PM

Cool Rod. I might have to get a few of them to pass the time. If I can get them on DVD I can watch them on my laptop.

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/10/2008 3:12 AM

I did another search on the net and came up with a new address for Pronghorn Productions. They are in the same town (Lander) but there address is listed as 1070 McDougall Drive, Lander, WY 82520 and their phone number is (307)332-9714. If no one over there tries to give them a call by the end of the week I will try them from down here to see if they are the same company, still excist and if they still have the video listed for sale.

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/10/2008 3:58 AM

See if it's available in DVD and let us know. THANKS

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/12/2008 4:37 AM

I tried giving the production company (Bob Milek video) a call this morning, at 4am Oz time, and got a "check the number and dial again" message. Jumped back on the net and e-mailed the city clerk in Lander Wy and asked whether they still excisted and got this response: "I'm sorry, people who owned Pronghorn Products moved away a few years ago. As far as I know the business was closed at that time." So it sounds like the only way to get a hold of a copy is to find an old one for sale somewhere or try and get someone to make a copy for you. At this stage I've run out of ideas, shame because I would have liked to have seen the great Bob Milek in action.

Geo

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/12/2008 2:16 PM

Anyone know how the copyright laws affect the copying of a video no longer in production and from a company out of business? I for one would pay the cost of the tape, shipping and a persons time for a copy.
Posted By: wyote

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/12/2008 3:26 PM

Bob's wife Dorothy and one son (Bob Jr) are still in Thermopolis. At least there names are still in the phone book, and their addresses are the same.

You might give them a call to see if the video is still avalible.
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/12/2008 4:11 PM

I think, note I am not sure, if you copy something that is not in print and don’t sell it, you are not breaking the copyright laws. I have to deal with this situation as the librarian for the New Orleans Navy Band. As a musician, I can rip a song of the radio and put it on paper to play in the jazz band, I just can’t sell the piece. So my basic understanding of the law is that there can be no transfer of money for services rendered.

Duane
Posted By: sscoyote

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/13/2008 5:46 AM

I'll try and get ahold of them tomorrow, and see what's up. Bet they don't know how much $ they could make if they offered it here, and the other HG forums.

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/13/2008 3:01 PM

It might be worth there while if they could sell quite a few. I am not sure how this works on this form, (note that means advice or help) but if we could have a head count of the number of people that wanted one, you might be able to use that to your advantage when trying to place an order.

Duane

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/13/2008 9:21 PM

Since I started all this awhile back with the original question I am deffinetly interested in a copy if they become avaliable again.

Geo

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/13/2008 9:32 PM

sscoyote, you are the media KING! LOL<LOL

Hey put me down for one if it works out. Thanks
Posted By: pab1

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/14/2008 5:47 AM

Me too!

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/16/2008 12:48 AM

Have tried Milek Jr. 2X so far and no answer. Will keep trying.

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/16/2008 5:59 AM

if you make contact put me down for one

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/17/2008 2:49 PM

Me Too! I would love add it to my collection!
Posted By: katcher

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/18/2008 12:31 AM

mee tooooo!!!!

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/29/2008 2:12 AM

Sorry i didn't get back to u guys on this 1. Called the Mileks 3x, and didn't get any return calls. So no help here. Would've liked to have seen the video he put out, but seems like a no go for now.

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/29/2008 2:22 AM

Thank you for the effort Steve.

Geo

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/29/2008 2:32 AM

Bummer, but hey you gave it the old college try.
\:\)

Thanks man!

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/29/2008 8:07 PM

I'm not done yet. I'm gonna keep trying until someone answers the phone.

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/29/2008 10:51 PM

Hoo Yaa!

Duane

Re: Videos or DVDs - 01/30/2008 12:36 AM

Got ahold of Bob's wife Dorothy today. She passed the info on to her son. He should be calling me soon. Keep your fingers crossed. I'm gonna see that video 1 way or another.

Re: Videos or DVDs - 02/03/2008 9:37 PM

Excellent news Steve. Hope you can convince him to release the video again.

Geo

Re: Videos or DVDs - 02/03/2008 10:20 PM

Haven't heard from him.

Re: Videos or DVDs - 02/04/2008 3:53 AM

Thanks for the update Steve.
Posted By: Ernie

Re: Videos or DVDs - 02/04/2008 12:21 PM

Keep it up "Pit Bull Hugel"

Re: Videos or DVDs - 02/24/2009 4:49 PM

Lynn C. Thompson from Cold Steel has a new DVD about handgun hunting with the 44 Magnum in Australia.
http://www.coldsteel.com/hahudoun.html

Re: Videos or DVDs - 02/24/2009 5:33 PM

I just read about that in my latest Sixgunner, sounds like it should be pretty good

Re: Videos or DVDs - 02/24/2009 5:39 PM

just ordered mine, it's 29.99 + 9.00 shipping and active and retired military and emergency service workers get 10% off.
Posted By: H2OGUN

Re: Videos or DVDs - 02/24/2009 11:19 PM

Just ordered mine cant wait

Re: Videos or DVDs - 02/25/2009 12:38 AM

just got an email back from cold steel, backordered 30-90days

Re: Videos or DVDs - 03/07/2009 9:44 AM

Placed my order yesterday, I must have missed the updates to the thread. Hope there isn't too much delay in delivery.
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: Videos or DVDs - 03/07/2009 5:55 PM

I just found this forum and dug through my videos. If still interested: Short Barrel Bucks, Quest Production Group, Box 271255, Oklahoma City, OK 73137-1255. 800-365-3003. The host of this film is a friend of mine.

The 800 number is out of service....
I will contact my friend and see if he can help out.

I also have the Milek Video and would consider making copies if it was legal and I had the equipment and/or know how....

Re: Videos or DVDs - 08/25/2009 6:30 PM

In the HHI "The Sixgunner" August 2009 issue is an advertisement of a handgun hunting DVD. More than 10 successful hunts from Gregg Richter and his son on Mule Deer and Pronghorn Antelope. More infos and orders: Hunter's eye Video Productions, PO box 892, Pine CO 80470. But mentioned webside did not work today; http://www.hunterseyevideo.com
Posted By: Gary

Re: Videos or DVDs - 08/25/2009 7:19 PM

The site is not up just yet but the DVD is being wrapped up this week. Gregg contracted out the site and they aren't finished with it yet. I believe Gregg expects the DVD to start shipping in Mid. Sept. I've seen several iterations of the DVD as it has progressed and I think Gregg has done a very good job. It's better than any other Handgun Hunting DVD out there that I've seen.

Re: Videos or DVDs - 08/25/2009 9:14 PM

anyone know what ever happened with the cold steel video? I ordered it and received an email saying they were back ordered and would ship soon but that was a few months ago and I have heard or seen anything about it.
Posted By: KRal

Re: Videos or DVDs - 08/26/2009 12:35 AM

Rod, I ordered my copy of Lynn Thompson's DVD back in May and it took about 9 days for delivery. It is an action packed DVD and may be selling as fast as they can make 'em.

Re: Videos or DVDs - 08/26/2009 2:11 AM

I usually read my gun mags at the hospital each week when I'm pinned down for treatment. I saw that in the Sixgunner today also. I'll be gettin a copy.

Re: Videos or DVDs - 08/26/2009 6:23 AM

Hey Gregg, man it'd be nice to get that Milek Pronghorn video up and running once again--bet there'd be some $ in it. Sure worked for Ron Sabo when we sold more than 50 copies over the 'net couple years ago.
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: Videos or DVDs - 08/26/2009 7:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Ravenman
Lynn C. Thompson from Cold Steel has a new DVD about handgun hunting with the 44 Magnum in Australia.
http://www.coldsteel.com/hahudoun.html

I have seen clips of the video and it looks great. I am going to order a copy now......
Posted By: Whitworth

Re: Videos or DVDs - 08/26/2009 7:52 PM

Originally Posted By: wapitirod
just got an email back from cold steel, backordered 30-90days

Just ordered my copy and they are in stock......
Posted By: Gregg Richter

Re: Videos or DVDs - 08/27/2009 3:06 PM

Thank you Gary for your explanation on my website. The story in the August SIXGUNNER that mentioned my website was scheduled for the October issue but somehow it slipped through. I hope to start shipping some copies by first week in September. The website will hopefully be up by then. I will announce it here on Handgun Hunter Magazine when it is.

sscoyote, I know what you are saying about Milek's Pronghorn Video tape. I could make copies of mine but I do not want to infringe Bob's copyrights so my hands are tied. If anybody out there has any ideas let me know.
Posted By: sixgunner454

Re: Videos or DVDs - 11/01/2009 1:59 PM

I just got one that I ordered from COLD-STEEL. "Lynn Thompson's handgun hunting down-under" He is hunting wild pig and buffalo in Austrailia. He gave me alot of respect for the 44Mag and Hornady XTP's. I mean, he's hunting 1200lb. buffalo and the bullet couldn't perform any better. It's a must-see.
Posted By: SAS98M

Re: Videos or DVDs - 11/01/2009 10:02 PM

Do any of You fellas have any videos to loan ? Someone with alot could start an honor system,I think we're all honest enough to return them-If not the bad guy would have his name posted and not be allowed to borrow.
Figured I'd ask........ Shane
Posted By: DwarvenChef

Re: Videos or DVDs - 11/05/2009 11:03 AM

Gregg got my copy from you the other day, Thanks for a great video
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums