Handgunhunt

Got a new toy yesterday.

Posted By: SCOTTx88

Got a new toy yesterday. - 01/13/2008 5:39 PM

Ruger Charger,Leupold Red Dot.Only thing I think it will need is some Volquartsen goodies for the trigger,which isn't too bad,i'm just used to my other .22's triggers(volquartsen stuff).
Posted By: Tigger

Re: Got a new toy yesterday. - 01/13/2008 9:21 PM

The 10-22 never really impressed me but the Charger does quip my interest. I think Ruger has another "hit" with the Charger.
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: Got a new toy yesterday. - 01/14/2008 2:49 AM

It has good lines. How does it shoot?

Duane
Posted By: Dan B.

Re: Got a new toy yesterday. - 01/14/2008 12:53 PM

Nice!! Sure wish we could hunt small game with semi's in PA.
Posted By: pab1

Re: Got a new toy yesterday. - 01/18/2008 7:21 PM

I just watched the video on Rugers site. That looks like too much fun! Might have to add one of those to the toy list.

http://www.ruger.com/Charger/Video.html
Posted By: leasongs

Re: Got a new toy yesterday. - 01/19/2008 5:56 PM

That does look like a pretty nice/fun pistol, but I guess I must be a little bit of a romantic ... I really like my T/C Contender with the 14" match grade .22 long rifle for lots of shooting practice. I feel like it keeps me in tune for the bigger calibers for fall!

Looks like a pretty nice gun, have fun!
Posted By: pab1

Re: Got a new toy yesterday. - 01/19/2008 6:43 PM

I agree, nothing will ever replace my .22lr Contender barrel. It gets more use than all my other barrels combined.
Posted By: Rupe/PA

Re: Got a new toy yesterday. - 01/21/2008 7:42 PM

Where did you find the Charger ? Spoke to my dealer today and he said that they were not available yet. Obviously you know something that he doesn't.

Rupe
Posted By: gasixgunner

Re: Got a new toy yesterday. - 01/21/2008 8:29 PM

Rupe, check with another dealer. These have been out since Christmas. I've had mine for about 3 weeks. Here in Ga. it was $289 plus tax. They sure are fun to shoot.
Posted By: Tigger

Re: Got a new toy yesterday. - 01/22/2008 12:46 AM

Yeah they are out, the Buffalo Gun Center has one for $329.00. That's alittle high as most who have got them are buying around the $300.00 mark or a little less.

Don't feel to bad that the gun shop doesn't have and or know about them. When I was in the Buffalo GC, which is a big shop. I asked about 327 Fedral Magnum ammo for my collection. The guy behind the counter had never heard of it and thought I miss-spoke. So he hands me 357 Mag ammo?? I just smiled and said that's not it. I then ask him if he had heard about the Ruger RCM's. He said "yeah. I think so" with a real blank look. I just left it at that. \:\)
Posted By: Rupe/PA

Re: Got a new toy yesterday. - 01/22/2008 8:19 PM

gasixgunner - How does it shoot ? Did you mount a red dot or other optis ?

Rupe
Posted By: Crew Dawg

Re: Got a new toy yesterday. - 04/26/2008 10:23 AM

gasixgunner-where abouts do you live? I have been stationed at Moody just out side Valdosta for 8 years now. I got my hands on 1 Charger just before i was deployed in Feb. But i recall it being a bit over 300 bucks.
Posted By: kingfisher

Re: Got a new toy yesterday. - 04/26/2008 11:30 AM

I got the call a couple of days ago that my Charger is in and ready to pickup. Can't wait!
Posted By: rupe

Re: Got a new toy yesterday. - 04/27/2008 5:23 AM

Cool can't wait for your report. I'm hinting real hard, but I don't think she is listening. I'll get her her .44mag then I'll beable to get another toy for me.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums