Handgunhunt

Anyone have this problem?

Posted By: rupe

Anyone have this problem? - 02/27/2008 3:06 PM

I have a Simmons 4x scope loaned to me to see if I like it. My problem is that when I look threw it with my glass's on the target is a little blurry but the crosshairs are clear. If I take off my glass's the target is clear but the crosshairs are not blurry but appear thinner and harder to see. I tried it focusing both ways. It doesn't change. I have never had this happen with rifle scopes. Is this just something that you have to put up with if you wear glass's? is it the scope? Just my glass's? I can see the target with my glass's on it isn't so blurry that I can't shoot it and hit it, it's just blurry enough that it drives me a little batty.
Posted By: katcher

Re: Anyone have this problem? - 02/27/2008 4:39 PM

I have that problem too. I found while wearing bi-focals I can't see worth a darn thru my scopes...but if I wear my old prescription safety glasses or other old glasses I can see fine thru the scopes. Getting old is a pain!

John

Re: Anyone have this problem? - 02/28/2008 12:46 AM

I'll try that, anyone else have this problem?
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: Anyone have this problem? - 03/02/2008 2:29 AM

I just got glasses not too long ago and I can't shoot open or optical sights with them. I'm fortunate in that my vision is still good enough for me to hunt and shoot without them and in fact it's only my left eye that really has a problem.
Posted By: jamesfromjersey

Re: Anyone have this problem? - 03/02/2008 3:30 PM

rupe,I`ve seen this with my Simmons, however, when I look through
my Leupold,Burris,and my old Redfield and Pentax handgun scopes
there is a clear view. I believe the higher priced scopes use a better quality glass and grinding which gives better lenses that are so critical when making a long eye relief scope. This does not ,however, affect the scope when hunting. James
Posted By: Mike S

Re: Anyone have this problem? - 03/02/2008 8:41 PM

My opthalmologist recomends, Perscription Shooting glass's, Without my BiFocals.
He say's that most shooters have this type of problem with Bifocal's

Re: Anyone have this problem? - 03/04/2008 2:39 AM

Well I have Bifocal's so that must be the deal. Thanks guys.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums