Handgunhunt

Looks like the bears are out!!

Posted By: Vance in AK.

Looks like the bears are out!! - 04/24/2008 3:36 PM

Had our 1st local "bear vs human contest of speed & strength" for the year.
The outcome was predictable ;\)

http://www.peninsulaclarion.com/stories/042308/new_271394915.shtml

As I was talking to my wife about this last night I got to thinking (never a sure thing), & as I recall, for the last 3 yrs in a row the 1st mualing of the year has been a jogger with a dog (the other two were on paved roads in light residential sub-divisions). Guess jogging isn't as healthy as they claim
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: Looks like the bears are out!! - 04/24/2008 5:28 PM

thats gotta hurt, I keep hoping the tree huggers in CA get their way and re introduce the grizz, I can't think of a better way to control the tree hugger population.
Posted By: Dan B.

Re: Looks like the bears are out!! - 04/24/2008 6:16 PM

Originally Posted By: wapitirod
.......I keep hoping the tree huggers in CA get there way and re introduce the grizz, I can't think of a better way to control the tree hugger population.

\:D \:D

Now that's funny!!
Posted By: pahandgunhunter

Re: Looks like the bears are out!! - 04/24/2008 11:47 PM

The California Department of Fish and Game recently issued this bulletin…

“Warning: In light of the rising frequency of human/grizzly bear conflicts, the California Department of Fish and Game is advising hikers, hunters and fishermen to take extra precautions and keep alert of bears while in the field.

We advise outdoorsmen to wear noisy little bells on their clothing, so as not to startle bears that aren’t expecting them. We also advise outdoorsmen to carry pepper spray with them in case of an encounter with a bear.

It is also a good idea to watch out for fresh signs of bear activity. Outdoorsmen should recognize the difference between black bear and grizzly bear manure:

Black bear manure is smaller and contains lots of berries and squirrel fur.

Grizzly bear manure has little bells in it and smells like pepper.”
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: Looks like the bears are out!! - 04/25/2008 1:09 AM

thats a good one.lol
Posted By: rupe

Re: Looks like the bears are out!! - 04/25/2008 1:20 AM

That's funny! I mean Really FUNNY!!!!
Posted By: larry223

Re: Looks like the bears are out!! - 04/25/2008 2:24 AM

that is funny and so true
Posted By: Revolver

Re: Looks like the bears are out!! - 04/25/2008 9:25 AM

Originally Posted By: wapitirod
thats gotta hurt, I keep hoping the tree huggers in CA get their way and re introduce the grizz, I can't think of a better way to control the tree hugger population.

I wish they would too, I would have another awesome animal to take pictures of, and there would be less jerks littering some of my favorite fishing spots...
Posted By: keb

Re: Looks like the bears are out!! - 04/26/2008 10:08 AM

Hello Vance, are ya willing to share any secret blackie hideouts down that way with a (Dlg transplanted to Anch) redneck?? keb
Posted By: Vance in AK.

Re: Looks like the bears are out!! - 04/28/2008 5:15 AM

Hi Keb.
No specific suggestions, haven't found any particular spots. I'd say just head for Seward & watch the hillsides in the pass up near Summit lake. Good place to start anyway. Probably have to wait a week or two after this last dump of snow, or take snow shoes.
Let me know what you find. I'm still trying to get it figured out myself.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums