Handgunhunt

Sort of off topic.

Posted By: rupe

Sort of off topic. - 06/13/2008 7:00 PM

This weeked after 14 months of not being able to 4 wheel my jeep.
I got hurt 5 days after I bought it and then do to the injury,operation, and semi healing. I'm going to go up into the forest and wheel it in Tillamook Forest outside of Wapitirods home range. I'll be taking it easy but am going to see how bad it's going to hurt me and how well the new jeep (Bought Feb. 2007)does on the Jeep trails. We are then going to meet up with Wapitirod and he is going to help me work on my SBH Hunter. This should be a great weekend do to the fact that One; I get to try out the Jeep. Two: I get to meet one of the guys off of this sight that stepped up and helpped me set up my Ruger just after I bought it. He has set me up with a scope for a great price, a spring kit, and now he is going to show me how to put it in.
So what I'm really babbling about is the people on this sight are great. They took me in as one of the family with in a week of me signing on here. I have been involved with firearms sense I was 10 years old and I have never met a friendlier group of guys in my life. They are some of most helpful people I have ever met as well. To any of you that are out there just hovering around reading this sight need to join and let these guys help you as they have helpped me learn more about the different forms of handgun hunting then I ever would have learned anywhere else. Thank you to all those that have answered my dumb questions and taught me so much. And Gary, thanks for starting up such a great sight. I'll let you know how my little adventure goes and what kind of a ugly old goat wapitirod really is. \:D Sorry could only be serious for a short time. Thanks everyone!
Posted By: Hawkeye

Re: Sort of off topic. - 06/13/2008 7:26 PM

Ditto on the site. Good luck on your outing. Hope thing go well with the jeep and you. I'm sure Wapitirod will talk you into something else you need to buy.

Mike
Posted By: wapitirod

Re: Sort of off topic. - 06/13/2008 8:10 PM

I'm the ugliest, meanest old goat you'll ever meet \:\)

Re: Sort of off topic. - 06/13/2008 8:29 PM

That's what I thought. LOL
Posted By: bisleyfan44

Re: Sort of off topic. - 06/13/2008 9:22 PM

rupe, It sounds like you got a fun weekend lined up for sure. Hope everything goes well for you. Rod is definitely a good one to be helping you out with your SBH Hunter. Have a great time.
Posted By: Sawfish

Re: Sort of off topic. - 06/13/2008 10:13 PM

Speaking from my own experience, Hunting Handguns and Jeeps will work together to absorb every last bit of spare cash that you can ever hope to accumulate. I consider it an extremely cruel trick of fate that the Jeep dealership is located only four blocks from the gun shop! Have fun on your trip.

Re: Sort of off topic. - 06/14/2008 2:02 AM

It's a toss up which way the money goes. I try to switch back and forth some for the guns some for the Jeep. But trying to eat and pay rent sure do get in the way. LOL
Posted By: larry223

Re: Sort of off topic. - 06/14/2008 2:23 AM

rupe good luck on your outing and i will be needing a full
report and pictures. dont forget your pills in case thing get
bad. later
larry

Re: Sort of off topic. - 06/14/2008 3:48 AM

Dave I just wanted to let you know it's a 100.00 bill if I have to come up there and pull that toy out with a real truck, of course I don't want you to wet your pants when hear that big diesel rolling up on you with the turbo spooled. I guess the one good thing is it's about time for my oil change, I can just pull up on your hood and change her right there. ;\)

Re: Sort of off topic. - 06/14/2008 4:32 AM

Oh ha ha , You might get that big piece of metal dirty and we wouldn't want that. Besides it's to big to get where my Jeep can go. And if you think I'm going to let you chance your oil over the top of my Jeep your in for a gun fight. Nobody gets my Jeep dirty but me. LOL

Re: Sort of off topic. - 06/14/2008 5:19 AM

my truck is big enough I don't have to stick to the trail, I make my own.

Re: Sort of off topic. - 06/14/2008 5:46 AM

YOu wouldn't do that because you might scratch it and get it dirty. Besides that $100.oo wouldn't even cover the diesel you would burn up just starting that hog. LOL
See you tomorrow hopefully we will get to town early enough. I will call you as soon as we get to the motel. later rupe

Re: Sort of off topic. - 06/15/2008 9:07 PM

Just got back from breakfast with Mr. and Mrs. Rupe, had a great visit and both are first class people. I did a little tweaking on Rupes SBH Hunter and got the trigger pull from almost 5lbs down to 2 1/4 so he's ready to go throw some lead.
Posted By: Slimpickens Ca.

Re: Sort of off topic. - 06/15/2008 9:55 PM

Rod,
What did you do to his Hunter to get it down to 2 1/4 ? Just curious.

Re: Sort of off topic. - 06/16/2008 12:41 AM

today I just swapped the trigger spring out with a wolff 30oz, we did it on the tailgate of my truck so I didn't get into honing the hammer and sear.
Posted By: Slimpickens Ca.

Re: Sort of off topic. - 06/16/2008 1:12 AM

Nice, Thanks Rod.

Re: Sort of off topic. - 06/16/2008 5:30 PM

Well that was a great time. I got to see Rod do all the work and all I had to do was watch. "Work Fasinates Me I can stand around and watch it all DAY!" LOL Mrs. Rupe and I had a great time having breakfast with Wapitirod. We talked more then we ate. He's a great standup guy and sure made my Hunters trigger so much nicer. No straining to pull the trigger now!
I wish we had had more time so we could have gone out and popped some caps. Next time maybe we can. GOODTIME!
That truck of his is sweet!!

Re: Sort of off topic. - 06/16/2008 5:38 PM

Oh I forgot to tell you about how the Jeep worked. It needs lower gears in lo range. The motor has no real low grunt and you have to keep the engine at 2000 rpm or it will stall. At 2000 rpm you are traveling way to fast for the rough stuff. So now I'm going to have to figure out away to get some low gears or get figure out how to get that V6 to grow some grunt. Other then that it is very good offroad and I'm glad I bought it. If you are thinking about getting a new Jeep JK Wrangler get the Rubicon that has lower gears in the transfer case. I have 4:10's in my rearends and that just isn't low enough. I want 4.88's.
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums