Handgunhunt

Pig hunt

Posted By: Iowa hunter

Pig hunt - 07/29/2008 2:59 PM

I am still working on a pig hunt sometime in the near future. Does anybody have any good puplic areas to go or any other ideas on where to go?
Thanks Shrades
Posted By: H2OBUG

Re: Pig hunt - 07/29/2008 3:33 PM

There are many public areas down here in south Louisiana that you can walk in. If you have a small boat there are even more areas to hunt. If you locate and corn them up the first day it will be a slam dunk on the second or third day. The problem is right now it it just to hot. October-November are the prime times in the fall March-April in the spring. Bring your bug spray!
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: Pig hunt - 08/06/2008 3:21 AM

Call your local Game Warden! Beleave it or not some of my best spots Game Wardens have told me about because I didn’t even know they existed. It is also good just to get aquatinted with them!
Posted By: tred1956

Re: Pig hunt - 08/09/2008 9:18 PM

I agree 100 percent with the Game Warden advice. They are involved everyday with wildlife and most will treat you well if you do the same to them. Respect is still one of the most useful (but under used) tools of the hunter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Safe shooting
Doug
Posted By: lhunter03

Re: Pig hunt - 08/09/2008 9:44 PM

Agreed wardens spend there entire career out in your units. All you have to do is ask. they have no problem hooking you up. It's to bad the goverment wont fund them better.

Lars
Posted By: TCTex.

Re: Pig hunt - 08/09/2008 10:33 PM

Originally Posted By: tred1956
I agree 100 percent with the Game Warden advice. They are involved everyday with wildlife and most will treat you well if you do the same to them. Respect is still one of the most useful (but under used) tools of the hunter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been preaching that the entire time I have been on this sight. Some of my best places Wardens told me about. After a while they would call me up and tell me about problem pig areas they needed help with. To be honest, most of use want to fallow the laws. Working with the Game Wardens has nothing but positive benefits for you! IMHO
© 2024 Handgunhunt forums